Threaded View

Thumbs down UrgentVPS - awful, bad, very poor! Words fail me...

Hi All,

Just thought I would give you a quick update on UrgentVPS.

As regular readers of this forum will know, UrgentVPS service is generally regarded as absolutely awful by anybody that has been subjected to hosting with them.

At present they are refusing to answer my tickets, after me having pointed out performance problems with disk IO some time ago on the VPS and eventually asking for a refund (this ticket has now been left unanswered for over 6 weeks after multiple requests for a response from myself!).
    The host server is still hugely overloaded and I get daemons dying on me regularly, even though the VPS is now only being used for very light backup duties! lol

In addition to this, I paid UrgentVPS in advance for 1 year of VPS hosting and cPanel licensing. My cPanel license should not expire for another couple of months, but it seems to have expired over a month ago! (a regular occurance with UrgentVPS BTW).
    I'm not using the VPS as a primary server any more as it was unusable, so only noticed a few days ago (I just use it for backup or emergency failover, which I can't do without my cPanel license working lol).
    Having raised a support ticket asking UrgentVPS to look into the matter I still have no response after 2 days and don't expect one really.

Anybody else still hosting with these guys, or am I the last?

When my 12 months is up, I certainly will not be renewing and will never use UrgentVPS again.

My advice is to stay very well clear of this company. I'm not even going to go into the regular and lengthy downtimes experienced during my time with them or the issues with cPanel licensing though UrgentVPS...

Regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by thedude76; 05-03-2011 at 07:02 AM.