BuyVM 6 Month Review

Hello,

Ive had a VPS with BuyVM for the last 6 months that has been awesome. Its had very few slow times and those slow times seem to fix themselves within minutes when it does happen so its hardly noticeable if at all.
    Over all they have a great service. Will be staying with them for long time.
    Great ob BuyVM

Quote Originally Posted by p-t-p View Post
    Will be staying with them for long time.
    Sorry to hear that - I was hoping you'd be freeing up a VPS so one of the rest of us could have a chance

My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience: VPSadvice.com

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    Sorry to hear that - I was hoping you'd be freeing up a VPS so one of the rest of us could have a chance

Hehehe I know how you feel. Took me months to finally get one
    Hopefully they will release a new batch soon for all those waiting

Thanks for the honest review

We're looking to get the last of the odd lag spikes addressed. The latest kernel roll out has helped a lot with it so we're hoping to have it all slick over the next bit

@raindog308 - HAH!

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    I was hoping you'd be freeing up a VPS so one of the rest of us could have a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    @raindog308 - HAH!
    Kind of makes me wonder how a '128 BuyVM lottery' would turn out! Pay a dollar and have a one in fifteen odd of winning a VPS... *grins*

Thanks for the honest review
    No problem. I like to give credit when credit is due and your service definitely deserve it. I can't think of any bad experience. All have been good from day one

I better report my IP to mods now. Forgot to do so before

It sounds like they should raise prices, as there is much more demand than supply. I wonder what would happen if you offered to pay them more than the list price for VPS that aren't available.

Quote Originally Posted by Question Everything View Post
    It sounds like they should raise prices, as there is much more demand than supply. I wonder what would happen if you offered to pay them more than the list price for VPS that aren't available.
    Haha, you likely caused a mass heartattack on our IRC by saying that We have no interest in raising prices. People get excited about what we offer in the price range we're in.

If we raised our prices out of the budget market we'd still get a lot of demand but it would also draw in a lot more novices since they'll expect some level of management

Thanks everyone for the feedback,

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Haha, you likely caused a mass heartattack on our IRC by saying that We have no interest in raising prices. People get excited about what we offer in the price range we're in.

If we raised our prices out of the budget market we'd still get a lot of demand but it would also draw in a lot more novices since they'll expect some level of management
    There are plenty of high end unmanned VPS/cloud services out there, and they don't attract newbs, they attract professionals. I'm thinking of stuff like Linode, Amazon EC2, etc., their customers don't expect management, they just expect high uptime, and great performance.

If you're running a business, not a charity service, and you can't afford to sell to all the people who want to buy from you, so you're turning down prospective customers right and left, you're doing it wrong. Raise prices, buy more servers, sell to more customers, profit.

However it's great to know there are hosts out there who care more about their customers than profit.

Great review there! keep 'em coming.
    A bit short for 6 months though!