Missing invoices

This is a question to those in the know. Is it acceptable to have 5 missing invoices put down to mistakes when accounts time comes? (UK)

They were genuine errors when we were new and won't be happening again. The invoices missing total a few pounds.

Regards,
    The MonkeyPC - cPanel webhosting that's vibrant and high in quality. Just say hello to The Monkey!

Missing invoices...No

You should have cancelled them, which would have shown a zero balance on them, but the invoices would still be there.

Oh dear... So, there would be fine for this?
    The MonkeyPC - cPanel webhosting that's vibrant and high in quality. Just say hello to The Monkey!

Just a thought, as I saw your post on ukbusinessforum

Are these invoices for services provided to your customers, or invoices for your business expenses.

If it's the later then they might not count them as business expenditure without the invoices, if it's only for a small amount though, they might do.

If it's for services provided to your customers, then you will need to explain them. If they are suspicious they might dig deeper into your accounts. If they do not find anything else then I doubt they would do anything. If they do, then, what they decide to do is hard to say, they may just give you a warning, and keep an eye on you. Or they may take it further. Really depends on whether they beleive it is a genuine error.

The best thing to do, if you are really worried, is speak to an accountant. Hmrc can be quite reasonable and helpful if you are honest with them.

Shouldn't really have posted it in two places.

Yes, Its for services provided. I will contact HMRC about this I think. Thank you for the advice.

Your welcome.

Personally, if the amounts are small, and your books balance, I would think that they would just accept it was a genuine error.