Change cPanel Backup Time

We are setting up cPanel backup thru the WHM. It seems to backup everyday at about 5 PM EST. We would want to change it to a time when there's less traffic and load on the server at like 2 AM EST. Anyone ever done this before or know how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by djabnetworks View Post
    Anyone ever done this before or know how to do it?
    Sure, Just install "cronconfig" from within WHM

WHM > Manage Plugins > Tick Cronconfig Install and keep updated > Scroll Down Click Save > Wait Till Installation Complete.

Refresh Screen (F5)> Under "Plugins" Within WHM Locate & Click "Configure cPanel Cron Times"

Command: cpbackup
    cpbackup is the program used to run backups on your server. It is defaultly set to run at 1am as this is an off peak time for most servers. We recommend setting this to an off peak time early enough to allow your server to finish backups before entering peak time again. If you have backups disabled then the program will immediately exit after run
    I hope this helps
    Last edited by Server Management; 05-02-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

@SLDHosting: Thanks for the info about that I just tried to check my WHM (reseller account with HostGator), but I couldn't find 'Manage Plugins' (and the rest sub-menu) option there.
    Could it be disabled by HostGator? Is that menu available only for master reseller (or WHM on VPS/Dedicated Server?).
    Web Hosting Business Guide Book - Getting & Managing Your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting
    Enter Your cPanel Login & We'll Back It Up, Every Day! - SiteAutoBackup.Com
    Got WHM instead? Enter your WHM login and we'll backup everything, everyday. It's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by agustan View Post
    @SLDHosting: Thanks for the info about that I just tried to check my WHM (reseller account with HostGator), but I couldn't find 'Manage Plugins' (and the rest sub-menu) option there.
    Could it be disabled by HostGator? Is that menu available only for master reseller (or WHM on VPS/Dedicated Server?).
    Hello, Its only for "root" you will need a VPS or Dedicated Server running cPanel/WHM to do this on.

Theirs 2 sides to WHM ones the "root" side another being the "reseller" side, Both the same but "root" has all the server administration options where "reseller" has enough options to resell hosting.

It would be better if cPanel could change the name of the "root" side so it doesn't confuse people.

What backup option are you using in WHM? I didn't know it was available to resellers unless they were assigned all privileges.

good excellent it worked for me
    Dubai Movers Packers and Movers Services

uae hosting uae hosting

Quote Originally Posted by technosource View Post
    I didn't know it was available to resellers unless they were assigned all privileges.
    Like I said you will need to be the "root" user, I.E owner/administator of the cPanel server