Lightbulb Pushing the 2020 focus.

Hello,

I was reading more into our development into the future studies over the forth-coming 9-10 years of events with 'Multimedia Technology'.

Within the timeline it does solely event itself around 'Mobile Technology', though here is the timeline.

1906 -- US Patent for a Wireless Phone was registered.

1973 -- New York, 1st Mobile Phone Call was placed.

1979 -- 1st Commercial Mobile Phones were presented in Tokyo.

1982 -- Nokia introduced it's 1st Portable Phone.

1991 -- 1st GSM Network opens in Finland.

1998 -- 1st Mobile Media Content, a Ringtone was sold.

1999 -- Blackberry was released, revolutionising the way we interact bringing a new era to Mobile e-mail.

2001 -- The 3G (3rd Generation) of Mobile Technology was released in Japan.

2007 -- We reached over 3 Billion Mobile Subscribers; the release of the iPhone starts the revolution of the touch device era.

2008 -- Over 1 Billion people have access to the internet, while 600 Million people have access to the internet via their mobile handset

2009 -- The social network Facebook reaches 200 million users worldwide whilst Twitter is a mass phenomenon. We reach over 4 Billion Mobile Subscribers.

2010 -- Offline and Online worlds are getting closer, mixed reality is enriching the mobile experience.

2011 -- Built in sensors like GPS, temperature, light, humidity, and compass-chips, creates new mobile media ecosystems known as the sensorconomy.

2012 -- We reach the barrier of 1 Trillion Networked Devices Worldwide, machine to machine (M2M) communication, smart objects; ubiquitous computing creates the internet of things (IoT).

2013 -- Is the years of mobile broadband, people are living in the smart cloud.

2014 -- India and Africa and other emerging markets have reached 70% penetration rates.

2015 -- Mobile payments is becoming a mass phenomenon, devices are adapting to our lifestyles and environments. This is the start of the Physical Personal Device.

2016 -- The NY Times stops the delivery of newspapers, and offers e-reader papers for $1 USD, other US companies follow in 2017.

2017 -- Is the climax of the mobile economy boom? The introduction of multi-language is bringing down the barriers in text and voice calling communication with instant translation.

2018 -- The US Government starts an initiative to increase mobile public security, the mobile agenda. We reach more than 8 billion people worldwide; 5 billion have mobile phones and 2.5 billion including mobile internet access. The generation of digital natives has entered the business.

2019 -- Privacy and Information access control has become a critical issue.

2020 -- Disruptive, Engaging, Interactive, and Controversial but truly international.

It surely seems that our world beyond 2011 is going to be highly based around portable technology such as the iPhone or the Touch Smart era of phone technology, even though I have not read too much based around the Cloud in future cycles or mainstream systems it does seem we are heading into a truly interactive and controversial world over the next 10 years.

What are your thoughts based around this?
    Last edited by Sparrow-Sean; 04-20-2011 at 06:33 AM.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Definitely an interesting read and take on things, and I do feel that privacy control will become a concern in the near future (although maybe not becoming a critical issue, however). I'm just hoping that one day something like this becomes reality.

BTW, is there a source on this?

its just one mind thinking otherwise many changes you will see in all field of life you dnt see 2012 movie :p

BTW, is there a source on this?
    There is a video, I can link you to that once I find it again

I based it off that, but it was more the conceptual ideas on how it would be approached and what would come out of it over the next decade.

@Jenny, I do not believe in superficial theories of 2012. If it happens it will happen, if not then meh!

@Clint - http://www.mocom2020.com/2010/08/mob...ile-look-like/

That phone would be pretty awesome, I actually do not see that happening for quite sometime yet though. Let us wait and see what the concepts are going to be for the iPhone 5.

In regards to this, another good site is www.futuretimeline.net but it is more based around the possibilities later down the road from early 2000's to the end of the 23rd century. Note that I did ask the owner of the site about the information and the possibilities in that timeframe, his response was "@SpeedySparrow I've tried to base everything on current trends, though some events are more of a ballpark guess."

@Clint - You could look at something like www.yankodesign.com, they have some pretty neat stuff going on.
    Last edited by Sparrow-Sean; 04-20-2011 at 05:34 PM.

I love Yanko Design! I think I first found my way there from doornob.com, which has much of the same things.

I love Yanko Design! I think I first found my way there from doornob.com, which has much of the same things.
    They have so many great concepts, I think I first found them via some advertisement after doing so many researches on "Future Concepts", it is really funny what you can find but being the web there is just so much you cannot get through!

I think it is awesome, I love their ideas, you can even buy through them for certain things! Sadly you can only buy direct into the US

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    I think it is awesome, I love their ideas, you can even buy through them for certain things! Sadly you can only buy direct into the US
    I think 90% of that type of stuff that I find and really, really want to buy is either just a concept item, or way too expensive.

world around 2020 i think everything will be based on technology only there will be all lazy human being taking help from technology only loz

I think 90% of that type of stuff that I find and really, really want to buy is either just a concept item, or way too expensive.
    Generally that is always the scope for new items, I mean iPad was expensive, iPad 2 was cheaper but still hefty on the pocket. Personally want something cheap try warehousing for items or at least find a second hand in good nick item of the same product.

Though for a place like Yanko, great ideas, will they become reality it's really 50/50 split even odds, you never know till it happens.

I want one of those Cloud Chairs

world around 2020 i think everything will be based on technology only there will be all lazy human being taking help from technology only loz
    Surely it won't be all based on technology. You could still go to the beach, I am sure that would not be powered by technology. I understand your point making, I still think 2020 will be a major turn around in technology but we will still be doing the same day to day choirs.