Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742

    Volume Drive - 12 Days Still No Servers

    On 4/20/11 I ordered 3 servers from volume drive for a new project Im working on. Order numbers: 85780, 85781, and order 85782. Per their email:
    " Dedicated orders can take anywhere from 24 - 48 hours to process from the time you place the order"

    When ordering this servers I know it would take a couple days for the servers to be built however I think 12 days is way to long.

    I first contacted them regarding the order and an ETA on 4/22/11. They responded to this email on 4/27/11 (5 days later) stating they apologize about the delay and its due to lack of hardware. They offered me to upgrade to a higher server they had in stock.

    I responded on 4/27/11 shortly after receiving the email stating yes lets upgrade just had a question about billing. They responded back on 4/28/11 with an answer (not very clear answer) to my billing question asking me if I would like to proceed. On 4/28/11 shortly after receiving their email I once again replied with 2 follow up emails requesting verification of my question and confirming to continue with the build of the servers.

    I again emailed them on 4/29/11 asking whats going on. On 4/30/11 I received an email back again with a more clear answer to my question and asking if I want an invoice. I confirmed with them again yes please build the servers. I replied back on 4/30/11 stating yes again.

    On 4/31/11 I replied back asking what the deal was. On 4/31/11 they replied back their sales is not open on weekends.

    Today 5/2/11 I emailed them. No answer yet and still no server.


    I understand they are overwhelmed with orders however 12 days is a bit much if you ask me.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    482
    I have had hosting with volumedrive before and had appsolutly no issue with them at all. They are recommended on the BHW forum and they have very good reviews. Why they seem to be taking a long time seems to be beyond reason. I was just thinking that maybe they have bank holidays and that does not count as a working day, but they are a US company and they've had plenty of working days to work on the server. It should take no longer than 48hours for any company to set up hosting of any sort , wether be shared,vps, or dedicated.

    Have you already paid the invoice? if so i would ask them id they would repay the time you have had to wait for the hosting, or i would also ask for a refund as you are not satisfied with the services as they havent offered a service for you and go elsewhere.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    55
    To me look like bead for today hungry for tomorrow
    Come on VOLUMEDRIVE GUYS great deal, sold out and nothing is going on,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Not to bash anyone, But this is another case of you get what you pay for

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    Not to bash anyone, But it boils down to you get what you pay for
    SLDHosting I get that.. This is a test project im working on.. These servers would be perfect for them. I understand u get what u pay for however when u get NOTHING thats unreasonable.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHostOne View Post
    I have had hosting with volumedrive before and had appsolutly no issue with them at all. They are recommended on the BHW forum and they have very good reviews. Why they seem to be taking a long time seems to be beyond reason. I was just thinking that maybe they have bank holidays and that does not count as a working day, but they are a US company and they've had plenty of working days to work on the server. It should take no longer than 48hours for any company to set up hosting of any sort , wether be shared,vps, or dedicated.

    Have you already paid the invoice? if so i would ask them id they would repay the time you have had to wait for the hosting, or i would also ask for a refund as you are not satisfied with the services as they havent offered a service for you and go elsewhere.
    Initial invoices paid upon ordering the servers.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by HVHost View Post
    SLDHosting I get that.. This is a test project im working on.. These servers would be perfect for them. I understand u get what u pay for however when u get NOTHING thats unreasonable.
    I know, But my alarm bells have been ringing since they started this offer, all I have seen on their client portal is this:

    No active client area, support and sales just via email, Things are bound to be slow.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    55
    Maybe I'm in vacations or around the wires in the data center, I already got another server with other company

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    Not to bash anyone, But this is another case of you get what you pay for
    I bought a server from them and its great. So i pay half of any other company around here and get a great service.

    Now, 12 days is a long time for a setup. I do know billing does not start until you receive the server, That im 100% sure on.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott04 View Post
    I bought a server from them and its great. So i pay half of any other company around here and get a great service.

    Now, 12 days is a long time for a setup. I do know billing does not start until you receive the server, That im 100% sure on.
    Yea Id hope the billing doesnt start until I receive the server.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    214
    it took about a week for my server to be setup. Volumedrive will always come here and say billing does not start until the server is received by you. I was in the same boat as you when i didnt have my server for nearly a week but im glad i waited it out cause the service once the server is up is worth the wait for what you pay.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    55
    Agree with you guys, but in some critical situations have to take decisions, i did not wait because i was hurry, hope that volumedrive gurus get done with that and honor all orders.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    Now 13 days no servers.. Now no answers to emails.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by HVHost View Post
    Now 13 days no servers.. Now no answers to emails.
    - I,d consider jumping ship

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    3,696
    Volumedrive is great..... It sounds like you ordered while clearly reading that they are out of stock. If you can't wait, just ask for a refund.

    Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    Not to bash anyone, But this is another case of you get what you pay for
    No.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    I did receive an emails from them yesterday saying the server will be setup by thursday night. Lets see/hope this is done.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    2,152
    I have had four dates saying it would be setup the last one was yesterday and well that has been and gone. We are planning on using it is a backup server.
    Last edited by Matthew_B; 05-04-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    HeroBill - On-premises Enterprise billing software for hosting providers
    █ UK Based, 24/7 Support Phone Support, Migration Services, Inventory Management, etc...
    https://herobill.com

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    My fingers are crossed lol.. We will see.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert vd Boorn View Post
    It sounds like you ordered while clearly reading that they are out of stock. If you can't wait, just ask for a refund.
    How does one order from them while their out of stock?

    http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=dedicated

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    How does one order from them while their out of stock?

    http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=dedicated
    They had some instock on their site 2 weeks ago. That didnt last long.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by HVHost View Post
    They had some instock on their site 2 weeks ago. That didnt last long.
    HVHost,

    While we normally (non sale circumstances) run nowhere near a setup over 24 hours let alone over a week. However, as mentioned in our large sale thread, we've been inundated with support, setups, hardware shipments, etc.. This is slowly starting to get under control and we've been solely focused this month on a ton of infrastructure upgrades and automation included our recent API updated for quick VPS provisioning.

    We've provided you an update invoice to upgrade your pending order to the Xeon special as stated. We have a confirmed delivery date of tomorrow evening. In this case, a little patience has paid off.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    HVHost,

    While we normally (non sale circumstances) run nowhere near a setup over 24 hours let alone over a week. However, as mentioned in our large sale thread, we've been inundated with support, setups, hardware shipments, etc.. This is slowly starting to get under control and we've been solely focused this month on a ton of infrastructure upgrades and automation included our recent API updated for quick VPS provisioning.

    We've provided you an update invoice to upgrade your pending order to the Xeon special as stated. We have a confirmed delivery date of tomorrow evening. In this case, a little patience has paid off.
    I appreciate your response. The payment has been made. I hope you keep to the date you stated.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    They said this evening. Lets see if they meet this deadline.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    Got my servers with 6 minutes to spare.. Thanks volume drive. Late but finally got them.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by HVHost View Post
    Got my servers with 6 minutes to spare.. Thanks volume drive. Late but finally got them.
    Im still waiting here. 1 month on.
    HeroBill - On-premises Enterprise billing software for hosting providers
    █ UK Based, 24/7 Support Phone Support, Migration Services, Inventory Management, etc...
    https://herobill.com

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Matt View Post
    Im still waiting here. 1 month on.
    Good luck Matt.
    Ernie - Enzu Inc.| Managed Infrastructure and Cloud Services
    Public & Private Cloud | Hybrid Cloud | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation
    Los Angeles | Dallas | Chicago | Miami | Asia Optimized Network
    Amazing Reseller Program | Ernie.Quick @ enzu.com| 702-965-1615 x 7040

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by HVHost View Post
    Got my servers with 6 minutes to spare.. Thanks volume drive. Late but finally got them.
    Glad you got your servers. Volumedrive is getting bashed alot lately cause of setup times but their servers are great. Keep us posted on how the servers work out for you.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    44
    Yeah I'd also say the actual servers are fast. My uptime has been almost perfect (a massive improvement over my previous VPS'). Setup leaves a lot to be desired

  30. #30
    We in no way are saying we have quick setup times right now. If for any reason, it's taking too long, we can cancel and refund the order. However, we are working on many projects at the moment that will speed up the process and eliminate the setup time bottleneck in the future.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    we are working on many projects at the moment that will speed up the process and eliminate the setup time bottleneck in the future.
    Maybe you should of had the underlaying infrastructure in place before running these crazy promotions then you wouldnt be having such horrendous problems now

  32. #32
    SLDHosting,

    While long setup times are certainly an inconvenience and are perhaps not for certain clients in a hurry. Billing does not start until a server has been delivered and it no way effects our support and service. So, we might tend to disagree with the "horrendous problem" statement.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    214
    I was fine and still am with the setup times. They offer a good service in my eyes and from personal experience. Once the server is setup, Support is VERY fast with my emails when i have a problem.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    So, we might tend to disagree with the "horrendous problem" statement.
    No actively working client area, Support via email only, emails going missing and people being told to send another email, sales emails taking days even weeks to get a response too.

    How an earth are you keeping all these sales and support emails tidy, Best of all how are you keeping track of emails from various clients needing various things and changes, It appears to be a horrendous mess from where am sitting...

  35. #35
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,084
    Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    No actively working client area, Support via email only, emails going missing and people being told to send another email, sales emails taking days even weeks to get a response too.

    How an earth are you keeping all these sales and support emails tidy, Best of all how are you keeping track of emails from various clients needing various things and changes, It appears to be a horrendous mess from where am sitting...
    Are you a client? If you are just speculating from the sidelines, let's not.

    For the record we have some offsite servers with volumedrive and they seem to respond just fine.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Are you a client? If you are just speculating from the sidelines, let's not.

    For the record we have some offsite servers with volumedrive and they seem to respond just fine.
    Am just merely going by the information ive seen floating around WHT and Lowendbox over the last few weeks, VPS orders taking 5 days or so to be setup, All am saying is more planning could of gone into this before offering crazy deals so people wouldnt be left waiting for days for their VPS to be setup, From the looks of it their manually provisioning VPSes which is a hassle in its self, When you have systems such as WHMCS and SolusVM, Self provisioning is a thing of the past.

    I know hardware shipments for servers can be delayed, etc, But still an active client area should of been in place at least, To keep things abit organised for the clients and for volumedrive.

    /End
    Last edited by Server Management; 05-07-2011 at 09:21 PM.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,651
    What is fantastic about these threads is how everything is hyped as being a major problem only for the OP to accept the outcome?
    What is the purpose of this thread, if your going to accept the server after 12 - 14 days why did the OP even open this thread?
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

  38. #38
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,084
    Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    Am just merely going by the information ive seen floating around WHT and Lowendbox over the last few weeks, VPS orders taking 5 days or so to be setup, All am saying is more planning could of gone into this before offering crazy deals so people wouldnt be left waiting for days for their VPS to be setup, From the looks of it their manually provisioning VPSes which is a hassle in its self, When you have systems such as WHMCS and SolusVM, Self provisioning is a thing of the past.

    I know hardware shipments for servers can be delayed, etc, But still an active client area should of been in place at least, To keep things abit organised for the clients and for volumedrive.

    /End
    In other words not a client just a potential competitor intent on trolling this thread?
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    From the looks of it their manually provisioning VPSes which is a hassle in its self, When you have systems such as WHMCS and SolusVM, Self provisioning is a thing of the past.


    /End
    Not the case. Everything has recently been automated with our new API. Accounts are now deployed within hours once security and verification is complete.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  40. #40
    I've actually ordered a VPS at VolumeDrive on the sunday night before eastern (or was it monday?) and emailed them whether it would take them weeks or I could safely sleep, they told me in worst case scenario it would be wednesday and they lived up to that deadline. On wednesday I got the server, pretty much everything works (except the Console, the ioncube decoder gives some form of error in vePortal but I have never needed it), have seen zero downtime or instability and their support seemed friendly enough.


    It appears their setup times are acceptable now and their services are great- especially considering their pricing.

    Actually waiting for them to open up Dedicated Server sales again, my community has managed to grow a bit faster then expected

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. no response for almost 5 days volume drive server down
    By Dan321 in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 03:36 AM
  2. volume drive
    By SimplisticServers in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 09:22 PM
  3. Volume Drive problems?
    By DeNasio in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 11:44 AM
  4. Volume Drive Review
    By mtechmedia in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •