hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : VPS Reccomendations/Suggestions? (Details inside!)

Forum Jump

VPS Reccomendations/Suggestions? (Details inside!)

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Question

VPS Reccomendations/Suggestions? (Details inside!)

Hi All,

been lurking for a while, figured it was my time to register.

I've got a quick question, I'm looking for a VPS provider:

-Less than $15/month
-Server Located In the US
-1TB+ bandwidth
-Fast connection Speed
-512MB (or more) of ram
-Great Support
-5gigs (or more) of storage
-Preferrably Centos 5.5/5.6 availability

I realize I'm asking for quite a bit, but I'm having huge difficulty weighing through all the available vps companies and features, let alone knowing which ones are AMAZING for customer service or others that are brutal...

Any and all insight is appreciated, thank you very much!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Premium Member

When you say 'great support', do you mean you need a managed or a semi managed service?

Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 PM

Hey Theo,

I dont necessarily need a fully managed vps, SEMI would be nice, but in reality I could get along with unmanaged (I'm a server guy by trade)

Lastly, west cost US would be preferrable, but thats not major, I'll certainly take central or east cost too

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Premium Member

I would suggest BuyVM.net if you're after something like that, but the only issue is they're out of stock (again!). I've got two boxes there, and they're very reliable indeed. Support response times are reasonable as well, and the deals are probably the best you'll get anywhere if you're after decent support, specs and a reasonable quality service.

CleverKite have some good deals as well, and I've seen some excellent reviews on them here at WHT, although I'm yet to give them a go. Orien's old hosting operation, VectorLevel, also received quite a lot of kudos, so I'm under the impression that they'll deliver a rock solid service. The only issue is they don't seem to offer the 1TB bandwidth you're after with their standard packages.

Thrust::VPS have a decent deal on their site as well for a west coast service, so you may want to take a look at them and some reviews on here.

Otherwise, the VPS offers forum is your answer: a good offer is guaranteed to be present in there!

Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Thank you very kindly for the input!
I tried getting ahold of the folks at buyVM (their admin is BASED out of my town, but I wasnt able to get much of a reply on their IRC and there's no email address to direct contact )

But I will check out the others! Thanks!

Old 05-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Premium Member

I've used Virpus in the past and they were good while I was there, try checking them out.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Poooooonnyyy :*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpedlow View Post
Thank you very kindly for the input!
I tried getting ahold of the folks at buyVM (their admin is BASED out of my town, but I wasnt able to get much of a reply on their IRC and there's no email address to direct contact )

But I will check out the others! Thanks!
Which way did you try to contact me?

I'm on vacation right now so I only have access to admin@frantech.ca if you decide to send an email that way.

I'll be back in Victoria on the weekend

Francisco

- 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Hey Francisco,

I was on your irc a few times over the past few days and wasnt able to get any answers. And your website didnt have a direct email or phone :\

(heck, I was willing to drive over and bribe you beer so I could get a VPS, since im out in langford )

I signed up for a month with thrust, but I'll send you an email today and hopefully we can get something going!

Thanks and take care

Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
I signed up for a month with thrust
Please let us know how it goes with a review in a few months - I'm curious!

I wish you the best of luck with your new VPS provider, and hope you work something out with Francisco soon.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Poooooonnyyy :*

Quote:
Hey Francisco,

I was on your irc a few times over the past few days and wasnt able to get any answers. And your website didnt have a direct email or phone :\

(heck, I was willing to drive over and bribe you beer so I could get a VPS, since im out in langford )

I signed up for a month with thrust, but I'll send you an email today and hopefully we can get something going!

Thanks and take care
I'm a sorry excuse for a canuck and don't drink alas

Hah and you're right, our admin email isn't listed on the site - I'll have to fix that after I get back to the hotel

Francisco

- 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Old 05-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Web Hosting Master

Try ramhost.us. They have a fairly good rep. here and they meet your specs.