Can Someone Giveme a Dedicated Server for Following Purpose?

Hi,

I have been using my dedicated server for like 2 years now. The service provider is a good person and he has some solid servers. He is very supportive but there has been always few issues with my sites which has caused a lot of trouble for me.

I run around 5 to 6 WordPress blogs, One PHPBB3 and One VB4 forum. Rest of them are few small custom made sites.
    Out of these 1 Wordpress blog and both the forums are of high traffic.

Right Now I am using a server with Following Specs

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5148 @ 2.33GHz
    Cache 4096 KB
    Total Servers : 4
    Total Ram : 12 GB

Still my server often goes down. Irrespective of whatever the traffic is, my server still goes down.

I also have CLOUD Linux Installed on it.

I am suspecting a DOS attack of some kind.
    SO I am looking for a new server now with same configuration or a cheaper configuration but with a company who can ensure that my server runs fine.

Is there any one who can help me with this?

What is the location you prefer? - Sometimes might want to check the Dedicated Offers there are usually some well informed Company's who offer quite nicely
    ██ J.Mike Duff -http://www.cheetahhost.net
    ██ Dedicated/Shared Hosting/Reseller Hosting
    ██ Web Hosting, Money Back Guarantee! 100% Uptime Guaranteed! 24x7 online Support.
    ██ Gone Green 100% Powered Source CheetahHost LLC.,

I will prefer any location. like US or any where. thats whatyoyu are askin. right?

You better let them know ahead of time, most providers wont want anything to do with you if you receive frequent dos. But check out, http://www.gigenet.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CraterHost View Post
    You better let them know ahead of time, most providers wont want anything to do with you if you receive frequent dos. But check out, http://www.gigenet.com/
    If the provider can't protect against DDos and some other lethal stuff. Then why are they hosting O_O

But CraterHost is right. Make sure to ask those questions to the support Teams of any company you move too and also to read the terms of policy and ask any other related questions.

Here is the WHT- Dedicated Offers threads; http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36
    ██ J.Mike Duff -http://www.cheetahhost.net
    ██ Dedicated/Shared Hosting/Reseller Hosting
    ██ Web Hosting, Money Back Guarantee! 100% Uptime Guaranteed! 24x7 online Support.
    ██ Gone Green 100% Powered Source CheetahHost LLC.,

For the server that you are having at the moment, there shouldn't be any problems with high loads and etc. I mean, how high could traffic get for your WP site?

Can you share how many people are on the WP site at any given time? Does the WP site have any specific thing, customized or otherwise which is on there? Also are you telling me you have 4 servers running for the sites you mentioned?

Please do give us more stats in order for us to know at least what's going on or to recommend you to go elsewhere. Cause from what I could see, going elsewhere is not going to change anything if this is not going to be at the root of the problem.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Oh MY Bad its not SERVERS its Processors. I have 4 Processors. and At a Give time I may have like 50 Odd people on these Three Sites according to Among Us.
    But when I see the stats of HostLinux it says not more then 10 to 20 Concurrent users on any of the site.

Few More Stats
    Current Time: Monday, 02-May-2011 11:25:47 CDT
    Restart Time: Monday, 02-May-2011 10:46:02 CDT
    Parent Server Generation: 0
    Server uptime: 39 minutes 45 seconds
    Total accesses: 40234 - Total Traffic: 378.7 MB
    CPU Usage: u36.6 s11.2 cu1179.68 cs0 - 51.5% CPU load
    16.9 requests/sec - 162.6 kB/second - 9.6 kB/request
    47 requests currently being processed, 48 idle workers

And Oh yes I forgot to correct - I Instaled CLOUDLINUX and not HOST LINUX http://www.cloudlinux.com/

Before moving to other host you may need hire sysadmins for audit of your software. It could save your money and waive your downtime problem. You need someone who could loook into your server and find and isolate source of problem.
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

I agree. You need to to hire someone to look at your server. Chances are you will experience the same thing on another provider.

What HDD configuration are you running?

Single Drive?, Raid?

What kind of DOS attack you have?

Why do you think it's a DOS attack? The server is actually going down and you say it doesn't matter what the traffic is, find out why. It could be hardware or software causing the problem. Hire a sysadmin.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

OP it is odd i think tinyVox and others are right you might want to check internal settings. Odd because 51.5% cpu use with 3 sites and and 50 users also the traffic does not look as a ddos attack. i might have missed a few post but i would def. have some one check internal.
    www.Hostd8.com "Where the client comes first!"
    Ultra Fast Unmetered Dedicated Servers
    Ultra Fast VPS's
    Budget Line Shared Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Rackedeu View Post
    What HDD configuration are you running?

Single Drive?, Raid?
    Its a Single Drive

Quote Originally Posted by HostZealot View Post
    What kind of DOS attack you have?
    I am not sure about that. I am just guessing of DDOS attack

Quote Originally Posted by Hostd8 View Post
    OP it is odd i think tinyVox and others are right you might want to check internal settings. Odd because 51.5% cpu use with 3 sites and and 50 users also the traffic does not look as a ddos attack. i might have missed a few post but i would def. have some one check internal.
    Not its not 3 websites.
    Its is Three high Traffic websites. There are other websites too - like three wordpress, one Xoomla instalation one SMF and few my own custom made.