Thread: VPS Reselling

VPS Reselling

Hi

Bit of advice needed.I am after a VPS for reselling some of my web services,However i want a VPS that is going to be non-branded.For example when i look up my domain information on dns stuff it doesn,t show which hosting company owns the VPS....

Also has any other resellers come across this before.

Many Thanks

So the information has to be directly from the Datacenter?

Yep thats correct.When my customer uses that well known site look -up to see where he or she website is being hosted it displays the datacentre and not the hosting company i have the vps with.

By displaying the company name my customer would be able to click the link and vist the company in question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark3079 View Post
    Yep thats correct.When my customer uses that well known site look -up to see where he or she website is being hosted it displays the datacentre and not the hosting company i have the vps with.

By displaying the company name my customer would be able to click the link and vist the company in question.
    Which well known site? There are lots of them...

whoishostingthis dot com

whoishostingthis dot com
    That site is not that good. I have checked that site several times, sometime it says "HostXNow" and other times it says "eUKhost". I just checked it now and see it has "eUKhost", yet click on the link and it takes you to www.hostxnow.com

This one says 'Hostxnow' http://whois.domaintools.com/hostxnow.com click on the "Server Stats" tab. I'm guessing it's using description from IP Whois at RIPE.

You can always get the correct info from http://www.db.ripe.net/whois

I don't worry about having to hide info. Many users don't even know how to get such info. Some just don't care who the main provider is.

I can get better deals/pricing from eUKhost than say PoundHost or RapidSwitch (Unmanaged) anyway.

It's not always good to get servers directly from the Datacenter. If you really want to hide the information then you may have to make do with not so good deals/pricing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your advice with this one HostxNow.

Thanks for your advice with this one HostxNow.
    No problem at all.

Also, if you really wanted to, you could use any provider and just get your own Subnet. It can cost around 200 with some UK providers though. You might want to look into that.

use whois tools or whoishostingthis

How do exactly I use that because It would be really helpfull to know exactly where are my hosting providers hosted. thanks in advance for any info.

can you suggest some providers that you believe its trustworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Also, if you really wanted to, you could use any provider and just get your own Subnet. It can cost around 200 with some UK providers though. You might want to look into that.

Well yes I want to know VPS reseller provider I mean I want to resell VPS or even dedicated.

Usually you need to start from the total bottom which is actually not something easy to start with. Most if not all will want you to have something with them 1st before they will even consider you a reseller or etc. Kinda not something which is nice to do...

Paying full price at their list price for the 1st few servers or VPS then after that they will give you a small discount, usually 5% or so. Then slowly work your way up the line.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com