Hybrid View

Exclamation CurlHost Setup/Support

Hello,

Been with Curlhost since November 2010 my first vps was setup pretty quick. I've had no reason to open a support ticket till a few days back to request rDNS. I submitted the ticket 28th April 17:16 and they replyed 30th April 06:42, the rDNS wasn't right so replyed 30th April 13:25 and no reply. It's now 2nd May 12:29am GMT

I also signed up for a new vps on the 30th April, this has also not been setup. I know they have a fraud system however i use my account i already have? I'm getting billed for a service i don't have

Has anyone else had issues with CurlHost?
    irc.seviro.com

I submitted a ticket on 30th April asking for rDNS. And none reply from them too.

Thumbs down

I finally got my VPS that i paid for on 30th, still no reply regarding a messed rDNS
    irc.seviro.com

I see the live chat link doesn't work. Is the ticketing system the only way you can contact them ?
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

RDNS is usually a low priority request.

Try contacting them again.

I hope you have this fixed soon and your service restored and everything works out with you.

Keep us updated; rDNS tickets are usually low priority and could take some time getting to, I know personally we try to handle this quickly but it does take some time to get done/updated.

Have you checked to see if it's done and they just haven't updated you about it yet?
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

all my rDNS was setup, apart from one they've managed to put a space at the end. I contacted them on 30th April and still to this day i have not recieved a reply. Is it also bank holiday today in USA?
    irc.seviro.com

Why should one open a ticket for such a trivial thing as rDNS anyway? Don't they have some sort of control panel where you can setup rdns yourself?

Mine hasn't been setup yet.

@rds100 their control panel doesn't support rdns change.

just got a reply from them say rdns request has been submitted but will take 48 hours to take effect.

I apologize for the delay for rDNS requests but they're handled manually so it sometimes may take a while to process. Also, do note that most rDNS requests were processed within a few hours minus the last week.

I appreciate everyone's patience who ordered using the exclusive offer they were offered as we've been hit by few hardware issues on the new nodes which didn't show any issue earlier. Most of the orders were processed yesterday but we still have a handful of pending orders which shall be up and running shortly. If your order is still pending, drop me a PM and I'll get back to you.

I'll also check status of your rDNS request, BudgetVPS, if it's still pending, and get back to your ticket with an update.
    CurlHost - Affordable VPS/Dedicated Servers!
    Multiple Locations! We're right beside you!

Quote Originally Posted by tepid View Post
    I'll also check status of your rDNS request, BudgetVPS, if it's still pending, and get back to your ticket with an update.
    Ticket #727060 - still not been replyed to.
    irc.seviro.com

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetVPS View Post
    Ticket #727060 - still not been replyed to.
    You have it now.

Still pending setup for over 24 hours, please refer to Ticket #527078.

Finally got a reply? 3days ago they said they had submitted rDNS to volumedrive. Guess what, instead of putting my rDNS right they deleted it? Not happy at all now. Over a week and still can't get rDNS right
    irc.seviro.com

This issue was apparently resolved, and was one of its kind. Typically, most of our rDNS requests are completed very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by tepid View Post
    This issue was apparently resolved, and was one of its kind. Typically, most of our rDNS requests are completed very quickly.
    It wasn't resolved. I check via http://remote.12dt.com/lookup.php and got the following message:

Results
    (unable to resolve 173.242.117.87)

Curlhost are happy to take the cash, but not happy to get issue resolved!
    irc.seviro.com

Spot the error

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4-P1 <<>> -x 173.242.117.87
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 46992
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;87.117.242.173.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    87.117.242.173.in-addr.arpa. 3600 IN PTR say.it.blog.it.nastyfrog.net\032.
    irc.seviro.com

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetVPS View Post
    It wasn't resolved. I check via http://remote.12dt.com/lookup.php and got the following message:

Results
    (unable to resolve 173.242.117.87)

Curlhost are happy to take the cash, but not happy to get issue resolved!
    I'm afraid but your favorite reverse dns lookup site isn't working as it should.

Also, we'll get it resolved if you'd tell us what your issues are. We haven't had any response from you over the ticket for last 5 days.

The first place to notify us that you're having issue is WHT NOT the client area. WHT is not our support desk, and I believe your first response couple hours ago was responded to by Neil.

I do accept when issues are from our end but sorry I can't accept false accusations for me or my team.