How do i sue buydomains.com for not adhering to what they said on their invoice?

I purchased a domain from them about 3 weeks ago for 988$.
    After the purchase they sent me an email telling me that the transfer process will take about 7-10 days.
    After 2 weeks I sent them an email asking about the transfer status and there was no reply.
    They have to be wary of the bad publicity arent they?! Before buying the domain i scoured the web for people complaining about buydomains.com but didnt find much which is the reason i went ahead and bought it, but now i am seriously scared i just got scammed. Do you think i shoulmd sue? if yes how do i do it since i am not based in the states?
    Thanks in advance.

If you're going to sue, you seek a licensed legal expert like lawyer, solicitor, etc. Unfortunately it's not always practical, especially if you and the other party are in different parts of the world.

OTOH, perhaps scour the web to find another way to contact BuyDomains and somehow work it out. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by webosaurus View Post
    I purchased a domain from them about 3 weeks ago for 988$.
    After the purchase they sent me an email telling me that the transfer process will take about 7-10 days.
    After 2 weeks I sent them an email asking about the transfer status and there was no reply.
    They have to be wary of the bad publicity arent they?! Before buying the domain i scoured the web for people complaining about buydomains.com but didnt find much which is the reason i went ahead and bought it, but now i am seriously scared i just got scammed. Do you think i shoulmd sue? if yes how do i do it since i am not based in the states?
    Thanks in advance.
    How did you pay money? Did you pay by Paypal?

Payment mode can also help you to get back you money. If you done payment through Paypal then it is possible. If you explain each and everything with prove to paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by nancysmith View Post
    Payment mode can also help you to get back you money. If you done payment through Paypal then it is possible. If you explain each and everything with prove to paypal.
    We can ask for refund from reputed payment gateways, even with 2checkout.

@webosaurus

Hi I work here at BuyDomains. I would be happy to help you figure out what is going on here. It is very odd that no one is replying to your inquiries as we have an entire team dedicated to customer service and issues such as this one. Can you please email me directly at dvescuso (at) buydomains (dot) com and include information such as the domain name that you purchased, the sales rep that you worked with, and the email address that you tried to send inquiries to that is not responding? I have a feeling that their may be an issue with the email address you are attempting to contact. As for the transfer, there may be an issue with the seller if the name was not owned by us and it has taken this long.

-Dan

BBB gives them a B+, though this is down from the A+ they had at the end of 2009. They seem to have a decent reputation, though not squeaky clean. This guy paid $3300 and never received anything. Here's another at ripoffreport.

I have exactly the same problem as you. 10 business days passed and no domain access at all. Person on phone line promised to fix it but nothing happened.

Hi andrejor - I work at BuyDomains and I can help you out here. Can you please shoot me an email at [email protected] (dot) com, and incloude the name that you purchased and the email address you have associated with the purchase?

email sent ...

Wow, that was fast! Thanks Dvescuso for helping me .. problem is solved!

this is why wht is good for

That's good, some reputed firms still don't have their working structure well defined which results in problems being faced by customers.