Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is dreamhost 8.95 now?

I'm a dreamhost customer.. at 10.95.. but when I look.. it looks like they went down to 8.95

So I'm trying to figure out if I can go down to this plan?

I mean maybe it's a yearly or something but it shows up on the main part of their website and says a month.. ?

I just checked 8.95 is if you pay up front for 2 years.

They would be the best ones to answer your question. I suggest dropping an email to their billing department.
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

There's almost always a good coupon code out there on the internet for their services, so you may find you'll be able to get more for even less if you do a bit of searching. Otherwise, send an email to sales and I'm sure they will be able to offer you some clarification.

I'd say the only way to do it is to backup your stuff, cancel your existing plan, and re-sign up.

Drop them an email.
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

Quote Originally Posted by CI-Theo View Post
    There's almost always a good coupon code out there on the internet for their services,
    Yes, always use a coupon code with DH. $97 off is pretty standard. Once you join, you can create your own, which is why they're so ubiquitous.

Google for DH coupon codes and you'll find a bajillion of them. Tragic I can't give you one of my own but have to play by WHT rules

$8.95/month sounds like what I remember them being - so $8.95 * 24 = $214.80 - $97 = $117.80 / 24 = $4.91/month, which is what you're actually paying.

They seem to have another promo going now, too, which I guess is today only...$9.24 for a year of hosting include a domain registration:

http://www.dreamhost.com/limited-tim...ng-on-now.html

Well, enough pimping for DH for the day
    raindog308
    LowEndTalk administrator, LowEndBox editor

unfortunatly I have like a 1+ Tb of space used.. and the rate is supposed to be for "new customers only" that's what it says.. but thanks guys

Are there any new hosts that give you the space they claim.. aka 1 to 2 Tb? cause I'd be willing to change hosts.. if I save money?

Otherwise, I'm sure $11 a month for 1+ Tb of usage is still a good deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    They would be the best ones to answer your question. I suggest dropping an email to their billing department.
    I did that.. they gave me some change your billing option generic answer..
    Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    I'd say the only way to do it is to backup your stuff, cancel your existing plan, and re-sign up.
    Yah, that won't work.. do you know how long it takes to upload 1+ Tb on residential connections..??
    Last edited by Ophelus; 05-02-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Visit Dream Host just now because new offer is waiting for all of you. Look at this : dreamhost.com/limited-time-sale-going-on-now.html

If you're using over a terabyte of storage with them and they let you continue to do so at $11.95 a month, I'd just keep my mouth shut and be happy if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by nancysmith View Post
    Visit Dream Host just now because new offer is waiting for all of you. Look at this : dreamhost.com/limited-time-sale-going-on-now.html
    Yah, that's the sale I asked about it.. I just didn't get through the prompt of signing up.. it says 8.95

But I'm seeing deceptive practice that now all webhosts.. post the lowest prices as the yearly/2 year price?

I heard they had a big downtime as also seen on their blog @ http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/

Wow, 1TB? I guess DH really is "unlimited" :-)
    raindog308
    LowEndTalk administrator, LowEndBox editor

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    Wow, 1TB? I guess DH really is "unlimited" :-)
    The OP would not be the first person to attest to DH letting customers use what would be deemed by most as insane amounts of space or bandwidth. While lax in enforcing their policies, as far as I can recall, DH still has pretty much typical clauses in place. For example, they will not allow using your account for backup purposes, so whatever content you uploaded had to be part of a site, but, unlike most of their direct competitors, they do provide a separate 50GB for backup purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by dthigpen View Post
    If you're using over a terabyte of storage with them and they let you continue to do so at $11.95 a month, I'd just keep my mouth shut and be happy if I were you.
    +1 , pointless to save more money when you're already paying less than $0.01 per GB /mo
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Quote Originally Posted by dthigpen View Post
    Good advice since at least five of us read these forums
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

haha ... good answer DH

Tim L
    Superior Host LLC - Quality Web Hosting since 1998
    We really do support you like no other
    Secure, ultra reliable hosting
    Website Maintenace Plans and a Personal Level of Support

Quote Originally Posted by MyResellerHost View Post
    I heard they had a big downtime as also seen on their blog @ http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/
    Yah, don't care about uptime as close to 99.9% is fine.. I have low users to my site..

I see a lot of "hostgator" is good on the forum.. does anyone know if they let you use the space?

Cause if they do.. I'll try I e'm.. looks like I'll save $1 or $2

One thing that is true is that my gallery program has never worked right with dreamhost not their fault per say.. just gallery needs a lot of resources to scan a folder filled with 60-100 Gb of data I assume..

Just checked I'm currently using 955 Gb.. if I could get the gallery scan to work though it should be closer to 1100 Gb..

I'm pretty certain gator won't allow you to use 1TB space - from what I've seen of some of their servers you'd be using pretty much a whole box and you'll probably be hitting their inode limit.

Is transferring 1TB to save another $1-$2 really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelus View Post
    Yah, don't care about uptime as close to 99.9% is fine.. I have low users to my site..

I see a lot of "hostgator" is good on the forum.. does anyone know if they let you use the space?

Cause if they do.. I'll try I e'm.. looks like I'll save $1 or $2

One thing that is true is that my gallery program has never worked right with dreamhost not their fault per say.. just gallery needs a lot of resources to scan a folder filled with 60-100 Gb of data I assume..
    Can't believe you're still trying to save money good luck!
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Quote Originally Posted by MrNerd View Post
    good luck!
    @OP, I think 'good luck!' sums up the likelihood of any other host being as liberal as DreamHost with space. Rackspace Cloud Files would charge you $150/mo for that quantity of data!

Kudos to DreamHost for their tolerance & liberalism in regards to space hungry customers! :-)

Kudos to DreamHost for their tolerance & liberalism in regards to space hungry customers! :-)
    I think this user belongs to a -very- small group of users who actually use up all that space they promise! It's the downside of offering unlimited diskspace and with the setup Dreamhost must have, I'm pretty sure they don't really care about this small group of users. It's a bigger cost to boot them and have them complaining on forums like these than to just let them be. And storage is cheap

If your willing to move to save $1 or $2 at that usage, all I can say is you're either:

A) crazy
    B) don't understand how lucky you are not to be cancelled right now
    C) both a and b

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelus View Post
    Just checked I'm currently using 955 Gb.. if I could get the gallery scan to work though it should be closer to 1100 Gb..
    That is A LOT of data... . I'm very, very surprised DreamHost didn't kick you off. Maybe they're better than I thought...
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast