Thread: Looking for VPS

Looking for VPS

Hi,
    I'm just looking to purchase a VPS and want to go with myhosting.com or jumpline.com but both are from US.
    most of my visitors are from India.
    If I purchase VPS with US location, will it be any problem for my Indian visitors?
    or what VPS you will recommend for me.

Thanks

You could look at the offers section here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

What problems do you expect from your Indian Visitors?

Well they will be affected by a little slow visualitation (very very very little) but this doesnt affect them directly.

Choose a VPS from west coast, LA etc and the loading time will be faster than on other locations in the USA.
    SlickWebHost::Quality Personal and Business Hosting Solutions
    USA and UK, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, R1Soft Shared Hosting
    USA and UK Virtual Private Servers with Best Connectivity to Europe, North America and Asia
    SlickWebHost::Non-outsourced 24/7 Support

There are many people from India do purchase a server in the US and it seems ok from their location.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

UK is good for India too. Check host.co.in they use BlueSquare datacenter in England, United Kingdom.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by predator007 View Post
    Hi,
    If I purchase VPS with US location, will it be any problem for my Indian visitors?
    Websites loading speed is a little bit slower than vps/server in India but price is cheaper.
    Are you looking for windows or linux vps?
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

I personally favour knownhost...

Hi,
    I'm just looking to purchase a VPS and want to go with myhosting.com or jumpline.com but both are from US.

Thanks
    There'll be no problems. Don't buy hosting from Indian companies, first they are not professional nor are they experts in this field. Moreover pricing is 10X to that of the US based providers.
    Only little loss will be in terms of SEO because search engines give little advantage to your site if it's hosted in the same country as your visitors.
    Secondly your site will be little faster if hosted in India.

Indian companies have come up with good pricing and good bandwidth at cheaper cost. It was few years back that bandwidth was costly.
    Dedicated server India | VPS Hosting India

Managed dedicated server and VPS hosting at 8 data centers in India, USA , Australia (Sydney), Singapore, Malaysia (Cyberjaya), China (Beijing) and UAE (Dubai) .

I would most probably suggest a UK or West Coast VPS, just make sure you get a host in a data centre with multiple network links and I can't imagine you having any issues with web services, might be a little slow on latency for game servers though.

Also check out the VPS Offers forum and this forum for reviews before buying!

Have you looked at the offer section ? I guess there are couple of providers in india too you can get VPS from but again it would be a lot costlier than US locations.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

One of the best things to do is go to the WHT VPS Offers sub-forum, there you will find may good hosts.

I personally recommend Up2VPS.com due my experience and performance. They also have good prices for budget and high performance vps.

Quote Originally Posted by impulseweb View Post
    Indian companies have come up with good pricing and good bandwidth at cheaper cost. It was few years back that bandwidth was costly.
    Unless you're popular like ibibo, rediff etc, you'll be wasting lot of money hosting in India.
    impulseweb aren't you selling Indian plans in your signature?

Nope. not a problem at all...

Hi,

Thanks
    I can recommend NQhost for europe (Falkenstein servers) and BuyVM dawt net (Fremont, California).

Nice and snappy machines, and BuyVM doesn't oversell. Can't speak for NQhost, but haven't had any issues at all with their German machinery.

A provider specializing in service in your area is CityNetHost dawt calm (Cairo, Egypt), and although I've had mixed results with them, they did move me to another node when I complained about problems I was having and they do respond quickly and stay with you until your problems are resolved - when they're on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by venuscreats View Post
    eSpaceHost LINUX VPS prices.

eSpace VPS 20

1000 MHz Processor (guaranteed)
    512MB Memory (guaranteed)
    20GB Hard Disk
    1000GB/month Bandwidth
    2 (IPv4) + IPv6 IP Addresses

$ 8.03 Per Month
    You must be compromising quality for such a lowly rate?
    Good VPS should not cost less than a $20.

hioxindia.com offers affordable VPS packages with WHM administrator interface.

Check out the VPS provider list here at wht. There should not be any restrictions for Indian visitors. Choose a VPS provider who is serious and with good feedback.

what are looking you looking for? low end vps?