ProvideSupport vs Kayako Engage

I need to know which one everyone likes the most.

They both have a free trial. Why not try both out and see what works best for YOU?

I have looked through them both and they both look great. However, does anyone else have any good or bad experiences with them.

My vote goes to Kayako

Quote Originally Posted by nezicom View Post
    My vote goes to Kayako
    Okay, what do you like about it most

I personally like Kayako just the modernness of it. Kayako is pretty modern but has a hefty price.

I like them both, and I agree that kayako does have a hefty price. The only thing I worry about is the MyWOT rating for providesupport. Personally, I feel they are amazing and that the only reason they have some bad comments is because of the fact that some people abuse the service. I tried a demo with them, and I do like the chat system.
    Last edited by HostSkies; 05-01-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Kayako. Cerberus would be my choice if I went with a desk today. Both companies have their source opened up to allow quite a degree of modification though.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

So basically what I am seeing here is that kayako is better, but providesupport is more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by HostSkies View Post
    I need to know which one everyone likes the most.
    Kayako is self-hosted where as ProvideSupport is not. Personally I've found Kayako's V4 (Fusion/Engage) live chat to be buggy. I had 3 bugs marked "Critical" in their system from November 2010 that, last I checked, were still not resolved.

The chats themselves were very laggy as well. In Version 3 of Kayako Live Chat the sent message appeared on the other end within about 0.5 to 1 second where as I've found on V4 it's 2 to 10 seconds before it shows up on the other side.

We actually have a fully owned unlimited V4 Fusion license that we're not using (and are paying for ProvideSupport) due to the lack of support, lack of resolving bugs, and the overall laggyness of Kayako V4's chat.

Maybe in a year, or two, they will sort all of the bugs out and we'll move back - but I'm not holding my breath.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

We currently use Kayako and I can confirm what Mike said... there is a very large delay sometimes ranging as high as 10 seconds when you send a reply to a customer. Also, sometimes the reply never makes it which is weird. What is also weird is the delay is only in one direction.
    Corey Arbogast | CEO
    █ 888-X10-9668, x703 - corey[@]x10hosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by [x10]Corey View Post
    We currently use Kayako and I can confirm what Mike said... there is a very large delay sometimes ranging as high as 10 seconds when you send a reply to a customer. Also, sometimes the reply never makes it which is weird. What is also weird is the delay is only in one direction.
    In my testing, back when I did it, the delay was bi-directional but was more extreme for Staff->Visitor. I have a .swf of it around here somewhere I'll see if I can dig out.

Okay thank you I guess I will go with providesupport

Quote Originally Posted by HostSkies View Post
    Okay thank you I guess I will go with providesupport
    I would, at least until they get their software fixed. They also may want to reconsider their pricing (which is exorbitant compared to what it used to be, imho).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I would, at least until they get their software fixed. They also may want to reconsider their pricing (which is exorbitant compared to what it used to be, imho).
    I hope the download version does decrease in price. I'm interested in picking up both in the download version, but thats a pretty nice hefty price tag.

Agreed. I do hope they decrease the price as I hope to eventually use their ticket system instead of whmcs's ticket system.

I believe ProvideSupport is web based while Kayako can only be used on Windows, which is a negative point when yourself and some staffs are using other OS like Mac OS X and Ubuntu. We are using Kayako but considering moving to other solutions due to this.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Providesupport has mac and linux versions as well.