Hybrid View

* Don't use Webfusion

"CONFUSION" should be their name not Webfusion!

They suspended all of my domain names and emails because of an invoice they deemed overdue (7 days) for 2 domains I did not wish to renew, they renewed them automatically. They took over from my old provider Xcalibre but changed the the rules on domains renewal. One of their employees after releasing the suspend notice said my emails would be downloaded. Could not be released during the Easter break (4 days that Billing were closed) I was told that the emails should have bounced back to senders. Not the case, I had sent test emails via my own domains and they did not bounce back.
    I now presume I have lost business because of there incompetence.

"Beware of "CONFUSION" (Webfusion) they may damage your wealth

TedC

Thanks for the warning. Perhaps they can come here and defend themselves.

Are those invoices really overdue? If that's the case you also have fault. But don't they have something like "30 days" before they suspend the account? I don't know exactly what they call it. But it's something like that.

Thanks for the heads up!

Lets hope they learn there lesson and learn to deal with people better. But any who, Best of luck on your hosting endeavor.

Wow, Thanks for warning us, but if the invoice was overdue you should have expected the account to be suspended at some point.

I really appreciate your thought on warning us!

Hi TedC,

I'm not sure if I interpreted your original message correctly - so please correct me if anything here is incorrect.

The way I read it:

You have several domains and web hosting accounts with Webfusion. 2 domain names were due for renewal, which you didn't pay the renewal invoice on time. All your domains/hosting accounts were suspended (including ones paid up to date).

If this is accurate, did you receive the renewal invoices before they fell due. If so, did you contact Webfusion to let them know you weren't planning on renewing?

Make sure to read the ToS of any host before signing up...

3.8 Without prejudice to its other rights and remedies, Webfusion may at its sole discretion suspend the provision of the whole or any part of the Services (temporarily or permanently) and will have no liability to provide the Services on the occurrence of any of the following events:
    3.8.3 if the Client fails to pay any Fees or any other sums owing to Webfusion by the Client when they fall due;
    * Emphasis is mine. According to their ToS, they can (and apparently will) suspend all your services if you have overdue invoices.
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

Quote Originally Posted by RGoulding View Post
    Hi TedC,

I'm not sure if I interpreted your original message correctly - so please correct me if anything here is incorrect.

The way I read it:

You have several domains and web hosting accounts with Webfusion. 2 domain names were due for renewal, which you didn't pay the renewal invoice on time. All your domains/hosting accounts were suspended (including ones paid up to date).

If this is accurate, did you receive the renewal invoices before they fell due. If so, did you contact Webfusion to let them know you weren't planning on renewing?

Make sure to read the ToS of any host before signing up...

* Emphasis is mine. According to their ToS, they can (and apparently will) suspend all your services if you have overdue invoices.
    Thats a great find, yet terrible policy.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Hi TedC,

Can I get your customer number please so I can get this further looked into.

Our process for renewal emails is as follows:

Invoice raised 7 Days Before renewal
    1st Email Reminder sent 1 day after renewal
    2nd Email Reminder sent 6 Days After Renewal
    3rd Email Reminder sent and Service suspended 9 Days After renewal
    4th Email Reminder and whole account suspended Days After Renewal

In these emails we specify to contact us about domains/services that you don't want renewing.

for anyone else that used to be with XC and do not want doamains/services to be renewed please email: accounts@xcalibre.co.uk and please specify your customer number / service or domain and inform us that you do not want the domain/service to be renewed.

@TC - once I get your customer number a colleague of mine will be in touch.
    Wahid
    Domains | Web Hosting | SSL | VPS | Dedicated Servers | Cloud and more
    www.123-reg.co.uk | www.webfusion.co.uk/.com/.es

Hi all noticed I missed a number on the last email (4th email Reminder) it is 15 days after renewal.
    Wahid
    Domains | Web Hosting | SSL | VPS | Dedicated Servers | Cloud and more
    www.123-reg.co.uk | www.webfusion.co.uk/.com/.es

11. Thanks for the heads up. Did you clearly tell them you did not wish to renew? Sometimes there are misunderstandings and isn't there a grace period before they stop services?

I feel like have something to add to this story. Webfusion are absolutely dire. The quality of the service they provide is terrible and their customer service is absolutely shameful. I couldn't work for them - it'd feel like I was committing a crime every day. Although having said that since they only operate via online support you never get chance to actually directly communicate. Once when I did phone up I was told to create an online ticket anyway.

My problems too began when they purchased my host of 7 years, XCalibre, who I'd never had a fault with.

I had several domains which were up for renewal. I received the email reminders and paid ALL the invoices, settling the account balance. It wasn't until months later that I realised that one domain name had not been renewed, and worse still was now in someone else's hands because my ownership and cooling off period had both expired. No email warnings, no flags in admin to indicate an outstanding invoice.

Webfusion admitted that there had been a fault in their system which had caused the domain not to be renewed (automated process I presume). But they did offer any assistance in getting it back. I had to pursue the new owner via a broker. The renewal should have cost me £20 but after months of stress and drama I ended up paying over £2000 to reacquire the domain. Webfusion offered no financial support - a "gesture of goodwill" are not words they are familiar with.

Worse still, I only discovered by accident recently that an SSL certificate on one of my e-commerce websites had expired months ago. No email warnings, no raised invoices. I can't imagine how much business that lost me.

And if you Google them you'll hear equally awful horror stories! And what really worries me is that alot of them are associated with the trouble people have of trying to escape them and cancel their contracts. Nightmare. I want to get out but feel like re-arranging my mortgage in a recession with a falling housing market would be easier and less stressful.

Avoid Webfusion. I wish I could.

Thanks for your feedback, wish you good luck with new host

Webfusion has had some problems in the past, but we are working to change that. We are actively monitoring forums like this to learn what happens outside of our normal customer services. We are then following up on what failed, why and how to fix things to ensure other customers do not experience the same issues.

We have also started customer survey feedback through our ticket system, to learn more directly from yourselves, the customers, and as with forums, working to ensure problems are resolved.

The expectations for our customer support and system engineers has also changed and with that we expect even more improvements.

I can assure all on this forum that we are serious about making a difference, and invite anyone to contact me directly with issues so I can assist to resolve them.

My email : richard.winslow@webfusion.com

Quote Originally Posted by richyrichy View Post
    Webfusion has had some problems in the past, but we are working to change that. We are actively monitoring forums like this to learn what happens outside of our normal customer services. We are then following up on what failed, why and how to fix things to ensure other customers do not experience the same issues.

We have also started customer survey feedback through our ticket system, to learn more directly from yourselves, the customers, and as with forums, working to ensure problems are resolved.

The expectations for our customer support and system engineers has also changed and with that we expect even more improvements.

I can assure all on this forum that we are serious about making a difference, and invite anyone to contact me directly with issues so I can assist to resolve them.

My email : richard.winslow@webfusion.com
    Richard, just sent you an email. Just signed up and having some issues. Still waiting for account info and asssitance (been over 5 hours). Thanks!

I have gone through the discussions and I want to share some info about the hosting companies. Many people do not know that domain and the hosting account are two different entities. Also, many hosting companies to prefer to renew the domain as well as hosting account prior to the expiration date so that downtime can be avoided. I think company might have sent a notice to different email address on file. Domains will be registered some registrars and they do send renewal notices prior to the expiration date. In your case I think the domains were renewed. I am willing to clear any of doubts regarding hosting. If you wish you can reply to this post or send an email to hostingreviewsmaster@gmail.com .

Thanks!
    Nick Piper
    Webhostingbestreviews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tedc View Post

TedC
    Thanks for informing us.

I am seeing a lot of frustration and a lot of mishaps but I honestly do not think this is solely Web Fusion's fault. I dont even think its a "fault" really! Web Fusion took ownership of a host which may not have wanted to be in this type of business again for whatever reasons. During the process, both parties may have came to an agreement to facilitate a smooth transition but apparently some of the transitions were not done successfully. So far all of the complaints are coming from clients of the previous host and not from actually Web Fusion. So I think this problem is just an issue of some accounts not being transferred properly and most of the times its not the fault of anyone. Things just happen that way.

Just think of times when you had to move from one location to the other, sometimes things get misplaced or stolen due to circumstances out of your control and out of the hands of the company you hired to conduct the moving. This could just be a similar case.

I wish you all the best and please, if you notice something wrong with your account from the beginning, simply contact them about it and I'm sure they will be willing to assist because its clients that keep a business running. #my2cents
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

An extremely valuable post, cpoalmighty.

What people have to remember is the huge changes Webfusion has been through over the years. (10+ years!)

Of course there has been ups and downs, as is unavoidable in this business, but we take pride in the growth & improvements we've made and the greatness to come.
    If things go wrong, we'll never ignore it and we regularly go far beyond duty simply to call every job a job well done.

Also for the record, I'm in no way preaching, I'm no sales figure, I just have to be honest. Everyday I see the outstanding work our teams do, and truly it gives me great pride to be a part of Webfusion.

Thank you for warning us, I was going to buy from them after seconds. Wish you good luck with new host.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedc View Post

They suspended all of my domain names and emails because of an invoice they deemed overdue (7 days) for 2 domains I did not wish to renew, they renewed them automatically. They took over from my old provider Xcalibre but changed the the rules on domains renewal. One of their employees after releasing the suspend notice said my emails would be downloaded. Could not be released during the Easter break (4 days that Billing were closed) I was told that the emails should have bounced back to senders. Not the case, I had sent test emails via my own domains and they did not bounce back.
    I now presume I have lost business because of there incompetence.

TedC
    Hi - I am an Investigative Reporter doing a documentary on Webfusion and 123 Reg. I would love to speak to you about your experience.

Hi Dennis - I'll be able to help.

I have a lot of information you may find useful.