Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VPSlatch - Post Takeover

I was an extremely happy VPSLatch costumer prior to Hostdimme taking over, and I must say nothing has changed.

I have 4 Accounts with VPSlatch and the support continues to be superb. The speed seems to have improved, no more downtime, and the managed services continue to be top notch.

It's certainly not easy to take over a company with such a fantastic client satisfaction rate, but I feel Hostdimme have not disappointed at all.

Technical Support: 9/10
    Reliability: 9/10
    Company methodology: 8/10
    Trustworth: 10/10
    Response time: 8/10
    Customer support: 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by pedrosttau View Post
    I was an extremely happy VPSLatch costumer prior to Hostdimme taking over, and I must say nothing has changed.

I have 4 Accounts with VPSlatch and the support continues to be superb. The speed seems to have improved, no more downtime, and the managed services continue to be top notch.

It's certainly not easy to take over a company with such a fantastic client satisfaction rate, but I feel Hostdimme have not disappointed at all.
    Thank you for the kind words!

Have a great day,
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by DimeNOC Dennis View Post
    Thank you for the kind words!

Have a great day,
    Fully deserved, have a great weekend Dennis.

You know, I'm gonna second this. Despite some of the handwringing that's gone on over this takeover, I have to say that my service, anyway, has remained exactly the same. My server load levels are their usual low, low amount, no difficulties rebooting or otherwise administering my VPS...

So thumbs up, HostDime!

Acquisitions can be tricky! Either they go very well for everyone, not very well for everyone or they go well just for a very small percentage... looks like everyone seems happy - not just from this single post either.

May I ask why they didn't receive all "10s" in your book?

Kudos to HostDime + VPSLatch!

Quote Originally Posted by BBH Brian View Post
    ... looks like everyone seems happy - not just from this single post either.
    May I ask why they didn't receive all "10s" in your book?
    Come on - there are enough posts about slow support, bad uptime and bad changes of the company-system. It can't be happy for everyone: enough customers left already!

Quote Originally Posted by warg View Post
    Come on - there are enough posts about slow support, bad uptime and bad changes of the company-system. It can't be happy for everyone: enough customers left already!
    We have addressed and resolved every single complaint we have received and total have had less than 10 cancellations regarding the acquisition. I'm not quite sure why you are perpetuating any concept of "slow" support, "bad" uptime, and "bad" changes to the systems but we have made every single attempt humanly possible to resolve every single issue that has arisen during this acquisition. If you personally have any lingering issues, please be sure to open a ticket with our support department and request it get promoted to management and I, or one of our other members of management, would be glad to assist you.
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters

Thanks for the follow up after the takeover. I certainly agree that after a takeover it can be a challenge.

Good ratings

Good luck
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

They are a great company, no doubt.

My vps just went down today, i am trying to get their support to help via ticket but it is taking a lot of time.

Do these guys have any phones to contact them ?

Usually does not take them that long to respond, for me anyways. Sadly, they do not have a phone number as far as I know.

Probably will soon however, because it is owned by hostdime.

Quote Originally Posted by rdogg View Post
    My vps just went down today, i am trying to get their support to help via ticket but it is taking a lot of time.

Perhaps this post will help:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...&postcount=264

it is going to voicemail ,it has been 45 minutes without reply, i thought i was safe from the takeover, my mistake not listening to all the people complaining

Use the live chat on the Host Dime website.

The vps was started after 1 hour of the initial ticket.

They told me that because i was replying to my own ticket requesting an update, the ticket was going again to the last position of the queue.

Well this turned out better than i thought.

Thank you for the comments

it is going to voicemail ,it has been 45 minutes without reply, i thought i was safe from the takeover, my mistake not listening to all the people complaining
    Yesterday was also Sunday (on my time anyway), so maybe no one was available?

Quote Originally Posted by liquidfractal View Post
    I believe the problem was here :

i was replying to my own ticket requesting an update, the ticket was going again to the last position of the queue.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidfractal View Post
    We have 24/7 support so this was not the case. Our desk however uses a last reply sorting methodology thus having bumps hurt the user's chance of getting a reply in a timely fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeNOC Dennis View Post
    We have 24/7 support so this was not the case.
    Agreed, Ive used hostdime support for various things for over a year now at all different times of the day and night regardless of the matter their ready to help and get things sorted for you.

Just one of the things they did for me was tarballed a rather large dump folder containing more than 300,000 files and uploaded it to my offsite ftp backup location and also provided me with hourly status updates of the transfer process from their end, Their a global company but manage to work with us little guys on a 1:1 ratio which this is something I love about them.
    Last edited by Server Management; 05-02-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

It's great to hear positive feed back.

I'm glad they are keeping you happy and providing a well known good service to you, Hostdime!
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

I have to disagree. In my experience, the support is now dramatically BETTER than it was before.

I have had recurring problems with my VPS ever since I signed up with VPSLatch and the support people were never able to get the server stable. Every time I told them my sites were down because of server load, they'd tell me it was an abuser and they "fixed it". Then it would happen again a couple days later. I've had many outages each week. (I've had 78 outages since I started hosting in January, with a total reported uptime of 97.228%.)

I had read a few other posts and had a sneaking suspicion that the problem was I/O related, but could never do anything about it personally and VPSLatch support never addressed it either.

Now, with the new support, the same thing happened last week, and I explained that it was recurring. They took a look into it, knew instantly that it was an I/O performance problem, made some adjustments to the RAID controller configuration, and now everything has been running smoothly for the last week (for the first time ever)!

I have no comments about response times or anything, but I can say that their support people actually know something about running servers. I could not say the same about the previous owners.

Is everyone that was existing customers prior to the takeover of VPSlatch been charged for having scripts installed? was told that 3rd party scripts are now chargeable, where as before I used to have it all done as part of my managed package.

Hello,
    I currently have K-Disk.net 's main page on a VPSLatch VPS (Now HostDime). I will admit I was worried but I can also attest that this takeover was very transparent (with the exception of the billing) Truthfully if they did not tell their customers, I am sure most would never have known. Overall I am still happy.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Quote Originally Posted by jonessc View Post
    Is everyone that was existing customers prior to the takeover of VPSlatch been charged for having scripts installed? was told that 3rd party scripts are now chargeable, where as before I used to have it all done as part of my managed package.
    Me too, there is a $65/hr charge for installing third party software, not cool at all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast