Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Website on Cloudflare speed

I recently started using cloudflare on my account because i thought it would improve the speed at which my wordpress website loads.

Is this true?

Http://www.scishark.com

How would we know? Does it load faster for you?

There is no point to compare your actual site's speed. However it loads fast for me.
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

OP if you want to see the changes in latency do this...

Use your original nameservers - use Pingdom (ping tool).
    Then use CloudFlare nameservers and repeat the Pingdom test.

You will see the difference...I did this recently and I have 125ms using my provider NS.
    Then I got 25ms after using Cloudflare.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Post CloudFlare

Quote Originally Posted by btrash View Post
    I recently started using cloudflare on my account because i thought it would improve the speed at which my wordpress website loads.

Is this true?

Http://www.scishark.com
    We generally speed up sites by about 30%. Please keep in mind that caching will take a few days to build out.

I would also strongly recommend installing the CloudFlare WordPress plugin.
    Last edited by damoncloudflare; 05-06-2011 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Adding additional info

really there is a cloudflare wordpress plugin?

how does that compare to wpsuper cache

I have visited sites that claimed to be on CloudFlare and they load slower than my $5 shared hosting without using CloudFlare so I opted not to try it. Maybe my site is not popular enough to reap the benefits, or my host has better hardware. IDK.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Post CloudFlare WordPress Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by btrash View Post
    really there is a cloudflare wordpress plugin?

how does that compare to wpsuper cache
    Our plugin actually solves a different problem (original visitor IP, reporting spam, etc.) than a caching plugin (our service caches based off of DNS/file extensions). That being said, you shouldn't find any conflict with CloudFlare and using another caching plugin at all.

Post Loading speed

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    I have visited sites that claimed to be on CloudFlare and they load slower than my $5 shared hosting without using CloudFlare so I opted not to try it. Maybe my site is not popular enough to reap the benefits, or my host has better hardware. IDK.
    The average sites sees about a 30% improvement in page loading times. Where are you located? Keep in mind that we can only help speed up page load times, but we're not going to entirely solve an issue that may be related to the server that the site is using.

I highly recommended CloudFlare, I use it on imgcrave.com

When it was disabled, I was easily going through 50GB of BW a day. When with CloudFlare, my hosting account barely uses any BW. They save me tons of resources, take care of the majority of all requests and really do expedite load times.

My site is located in Dallas and I believe you have servers in Dallas. I understand that you only serve images, CSS, and Javascript but html and php comes from the originating server and that may be causing the delay.

I'm not knocking your service. Especially when it's free. If my sites get busy enough to warrant trying CloudFlare, I definitely will give it a shot.

My site is located in Dallas and I believe you have servers in Dallas. I understand that you only serve images, CSS, and Javascript but html and php comes from the originating server and that may be causing the delay.

I'm not knocking your service. Especially when it's free. If my sites get busy enough to warrant trying CloudFlare, I definitely will give it a shot.
    Not now, but they will soon, or so I'm told. The closest POP to Dallas is Chicago.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Hi Joker,

Understood. We have Dallas coming up right around the corner :-)

Note: An important thing to remember is that the speed also depends on where your visitors come from. If you have a lot of visitors coming from the West or Easy Coast right now, they would be hitting 2 datacenters on the West Coast & East Coast.

How would we know? Does it load faster for you?
    Last edited by faithme; 05-08-2011 at 11:42 AM.

I'm in love with CloudFlare, no lie.

So much bandwidth saved, simply amazing for anything you host.
    My vbulletin forum has never loaded faster.
    Changing hosts couldn't be faster because of their professional site interface, took me less than 60 seconds to get completely used to it.
    Their support is amazing.

I've just moved my main site (verified) to CloudFlare and I'm very happy with. So far I have the free version, but would like to upgrade.

Can I expect even faster load times?
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-28-2011 at 06:23 AM.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Post CloudFlare Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ceint View Post
    I've just moved my main site (verified) to CloudFlare and I'm very happy with. So far I have the free version, but would like to upgrade.

Can I expect even faster load times?
    Yes, you should because of the website preloader that is available to Pro accounts. The feature analyzes the 200 most requested resources on the site, then preloads these in anticipation based on what other visitors have done in the past.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-28-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Post CloudFlare love

Quote Originally Posted by PockyKid View Post
    I'm in love with CloudFlare, no lie.

So much bandwidth saved, simply amazing for anything you host.
    My vbulletin forum has never loaded faster.
    Changing hosts couldn't be faster because of their professional site interface, took me less than 60 seconds to get completely used to it.
    Their support is amazing.

"Their support is amazing."

Thanks!We try!

Note: Recommend that folks new to CloudFlare review the piece on our wiki under "Log Files". Pretty important for forum owners & sites that rely on things like IP geolocation.

Just added my first website... service looks promising!

Hi moonwizard,

Great! Please let us know if you have any questions. Since WHT is fairly restrictive about posting links, I would recommend doing a quick search for "Top Tips after installing CloudFlare" on the CloudFlare blog to give you some quick things to look out for.

Post CloudFlare and Dallas Datacenter

Hi TheJoker,

I just wanted to let you know that our Dallas datacenter is now live (France was also recently added for those of you in Europe that are interested).

The only thing I can say is that sites that I've added to the system, for free, are loading extremely fast!!

And I live in Europe! France addedd? wow! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by damoncloudflare View Post
    Hi TheJoker,

I just wanted to let you know that our Dallas datacenter is now live (France was also recently added for those of you in Europe that are interested).
    Sweet.

Its just change ns hosting company to ns cloudflare ?

I have tried to compare using isitup.org and Pingdom, and honestly I do not see that much of performance improvements in terms of load time. I think the biggest advantage of Cloudflare is it helps you to save the bandwidth if you are running a website with huge static contents (pictures etc) and also makes the website almost DDOS proof since the hackers won't be able to go to your server unless they use direct.yourdomain.tld, those are the primary reasons for me to use CloudFlare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast