Would you use SSL?

Im wondering whether I should use SSL here. Would it be practical?

The site is one where teachers can log in, post homework assignments, post on VBulletin, and do some other things. Is it important to have a SSL login? What about when the link is to something not protected by SSL. Only the teachers have access to VBulletin, would that have to be https:// too? Just wondering. Any information you have would be great. Current sites with similar functions dont use SSL, but I thought it would be a nice feature. Any ideas?

As long as grades aren't kept, SSL really isn't needed, at most a student might sniff the server and get the answers to tomorrow's homework... Frankly, if he wants to go to all that hassle for a freaking assignment he deserves it

The thing is, once a student hacked, the info could be passed around for several years before discovered. It may also throw off several other students grades. I believe you've answered your own question.
    With more success comes more expense!

Technically speaking, SSL would probably not be necessary but if it gives those using it a sense of security then it is best to have it.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Originally posted by zoobie
    The thing is, once a student hacked, the info could be passed around for several years before discovered. It may also throw off several other students grades. I believe you've answered your own question.
    SSL won't stop a hack.. The data is still stored on the server, if there is a hole... Then they will get in... SSL only encrypts data going to and from the client and server, once on the server, it all depends on what system your using to store it..