* Which one would be better?

Hello Guys,

I was thinking about starting a vB forum for one of my favorite artists once I get his premission but first I need to know which company should I use, and should I use a Shared Web Host or a VPS or Dedicated Server or what?

Knowing that the Web Site will be as follows:
    1.vBulletin
    2.Over 2000 Visitor per day as it will be official
    3.Over 20 Threads per day
    4.Over 100 Post per day

So I think the MySQL Database would be kinda huge! So Which way do you prefer to use if you have a web site like this, and do you know a cheap company providing it, please help asap.

Thanks in advance

I think that you should certainly go with a decent VPS. on a shared plan your going to run into trouble when you have more than 30-40 users on at the same time and during peak hours you can expect it if you have 2000 vpd.
    Again a "Decent" VPS so beware of trying to find something cheap. If your visitors like the forum they will surely contribute to keep it up.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

@musicman153,

But actually the Forum will not be allowed by any way to collect donation and that would a part of the contract with my artist, that's the problem.

Also we cannot sell anything on it we can at max just keep some minor Google Adsense adv.

So do you know a good company for this?

Take notice of the decent that musicman speaks of, you'll find alot of cheap offers on here, just remember that you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by intelliServe View Post
    Take notice of the decent that musicman speaks of, you'll find alot of cheap offers on here, just remember that you get what you pay for.
    I know, but I am afraid which one should I choose, so can you help me with it

I'm fairly new here so others know better than I who's reputable, but look through the posts and see gets recommended most. I hope your able to afford at least $30 a month though as your going to need good disk space and bandwidth. I see Hawkhost and MDDhosting recommended quite often (hoping I got the names right as I'm going by memory).

Good luck
    IwebNews.net

Choosing VPS Server would be a right decision by keep in mind your website's requirements. Just to go google and search with relevant keywords will get lots of good result. Compare them all and then go for the best one. If you would be able to generate good amount of traffic then you also can make good money thought Google Adsense. So don't think much more about prices.

Quote Originally Posted by nancysmith View Post
    Choosing VPS Server would be a right decision by keep in mind your website's requirements. Just to go google and search with relevant keywords will get lots of good result. Compare them all and then go for the best one. If you would be able to generate good amount of traffic then you also can make good money thought Google Adsense. So don't think much more about prices.
    Do you know how much Google Adsense Pay and Is it good or not?

Quote Originally Posted by musicman153 View Post
    I'm fairly new here so others know better than I who's reputable, but look through the posts and see gets recommended most. I hope your able to afford at least $30 a month though as your going to need good disk space and bandwidth. I see Hawkhost and MDDhosting recommended quite often (hoping I got the names right as I'm going by memory).

Good luck
    Hawkhost and MDDhosting are so expensive, a Whole Dedicated Server at SingleHop, with 2GB Ram and Good CPU would be cheaper lol!

With that much traffic Adsense should pay very well, I have one site that gets around 80 cents per click.

Hawkhost and MDDhosting are so expensive, a Whole Dedicated Server at SingleHop, with 2GB Ram and Good CPU would be cheaper lol!
    you'll have to just shop around then
    IwebNews.net

Quote Originally Posted by musicman153 View Post
    With that much traffic Adsense should pay very well, I have one site that gets around 80 cents per click.
    So if we take your site as an example, how many visitors you get and how much does Google pays you monthly,

Also I have my own Hosting business running on a Master Reseller, which I applied to Google Adsense for, from about 14 days and still I didn't get any reply from them.

You may ask why don't you use your Master Reseller then for this site, because even if I have a company as Microsoft I don't trust my business to host such an important site

Quote Originally Posted by MRizk View Post
    So if we take your site as an example, how many visitors you get and how much does Google pays you monthly,

Also I have my own Hosting business running on a Master Reseller, which I applied to Google Adsense for, from about 14 days and still I didn't get any reply from them.

You may ask why don't you use your Master Reseller then for this site, because even if I have a company as Microsoft I don't trust my business to host such an important site
    The site I was referring to is new so I'm still waiting to see how much it will pay but I was impressed with how much I was getting per click.

But yes all you can do is shop around and find a host thats within your budget and has decent reviews.
    IwebNews.net

I know, but I am afraid which one should I choose, so can you help me with it
    KnownHost without a doubt. Do a search here for the mountain of glowing reviews.

@XTremo,

But which specs should I use for the site listed above?

For example does it need more than 128MB Ram or what does it need because I never used a VPS for Web Hosting, I only used to use it for Running some Servers as Gaming Servers.

@XTremo,

But which specs should I use for the site listed above?

For example does it need more than 128MB Ram or what does it need because I never used a VPS for Web Hosting, I only used to use it for Running some Servers as Gaming Servers.
    768MB minimum with CPanel! I think there's an offer still running in the VPS offers section for 10% off.

Where is that Section?

Where is that Section?
    Go HERE and you'll see the KnownHost promotion somewhere near the top.

What about the CPU preformance should it make any difference?

What about the CPU preformance should it make any difference?
    KnownHost are the ones to ask about the specifics. Tell them what you intend to use it for, and see what they suggest.

Fire in a ticket to their sales department.

Ok, Thanks for it, btw do I need cPanel? Can't I use Xampp Apache instead which is free?

Ok, Thanks for it, btw do I need cPanel? Can't I use Xampp Apache instead which is free?
    Not sure mate....I think it's only managed if CPanel is installed. Best to check with KH.

Ok, Thanks again Buddy

You always can go secure with vpslatch here they have a lot of good reviews and they are active users here...