RAM
    768 MB

Disk Space
    30 GB

Bandwidth
    500 GB

Plesk + VZ

Im new to vps so just wanted to know that:
    Ive hosted 2 wordpress sites on it yesterday and the ram usage is 350 mb. There is not any traffic right now as i launched the sites yesterday. So Is the plesk eating up so much ram? If yes, then 768mb ram is enough for running two wordpress sites?

Thanks in advance.!!

Welcome to the world of VPSs. MySQL alone eats up 150MB on a standard setup. Apache probably hovers around 125MB for an idle website. Then you also have overhead from the kernel and other system utils.

The amount you need will depend on your traffic as that'll determine how many Apache processes need to be kept alive. Do 'free -m' every once in a while to see how much memory is actually used as your traffic varies. Note that you should look at the -/+ buffers line, not the Mem line.

I'd suggest you to optimize your VPS as running plesk and wordpress will take up most of your ram.
    Recommended to go with at least 1GB RAM for smooth sailing
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

I have hosted few wordpress websites on a 512 MB VPS with no problem. The amount of memory used is indeed what allocated for your normal traffic usage. But in my personal experience when using mysql-based CMS like wordpress your main concern should be CPU usage (due to slow mysql processes; then don't forget WP Cache).

I have never been fond of Plesk.

I don't know if it's just me or something but I really do feel that PLESK is 1 of the programs out there which EATS a lot of your RAM up. Not sure but the last I had it, that was what happened.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Hey

Really thanks all for your views. Now Im a bit clear on how to go about it going forward. I will upgrade the level once it will eat up the ram. It took me 2 days to understand the plesk and still understanding it. But now I am getting better on it. Its really not good for a starter. Anyways if I will come around any such issues will seek your help again.

Thanks

Generally the big jumps in RAM usage are when you add software to the system, not adding websites.

Unless the websites have some dodgy coding or are very active etc... You should be fine with your current configuration.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

You can probably make it work. I'm running two sites on a test set up with 512MB (with a different control panel). They are not really busy sites, but I have my RAM usage down to 288M.

Are you comfortable with the command line in linux? If so, do this from root:

Code:
    wget mysqltuner.pl
    chmod 755 mysqltuner.pl
    ./mysqltuner.pl
    Look at the results of "mysqltuner.pl". See what it says here:

Code:
    root [~]# ./mysqltuner.pl
    <snip>
    [--] Data in MyISAM tables: 354M (Tables: 1495)
    [--] Data in InnoDB tables: 144K (Tables: 9)
    <snip>
    IF you don't have anything listed for "Data in InnoDB tables", ie., you are not using them at all, you can then safely eliminate them by editing /etc/my.cnf, adding "skip-innodb" to the [mysqld] section of that file. You can also probably add "skip-bdb" to the same section.

You will gain quite a bit of memory from that alone. You can also tweak apache to use less memory.

Here's the "free -m" command on my 512MB VPS with two Wordpress sites:

Code:
    [root ~]# free -m
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:           512        288        223          0          0          0
    -/+ buffers/cache:        288        223
    Swap:            0          0          0
    That's using apache, MySql and PHP tweaked for less memory use. I also disabled AWStats.

You can do a lot to optimize Wordpress as well.