Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24

    How to pay reseller

    We are going to provide reseller account.

    For example, a reseller earns $50.00 for commission. How can I pay this reseller? Sending a check? Using Paypal? Any other ways?
    Last edited by gangcai; 04-28-2011 at 07:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by gangcai View Post
    We are going to provide reseller account.

    For example, a reseller earns $50.00 for commission. How can I pay this reseller? Sending a check? Using Paypal? Any other ways?
    Hello,

    Be more specific you are paying people to be a reseller for what?

    Reseller hosting? They should be paying you.

    Please elaborate fully.

  3. #3
    Does this person have a reseller account and is selling shared packages? If so you collect a flat rate per month. If this person doesn't have a hosting plan with you, but is selling your services to get you new clients, then you have a sweet deal and should figure out a way to pay the guy before he finds someone who will!

    I would say that sending a check is a little 1980s, figure out a way to send him money online, paypal is safe but doesn't work everywhere.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    224
    This seems more like an affiliate, than a reseller. Like semoweb said a reseller should pay you, then they gain their money from their customers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    24
    "figure out a way to send him money online" I only know "PayPal". Is there are other way?

    What do you mean "sending a check is a little 1980s"

  6. #6
    I just meant that a check isn't the easiest way to pay someone, when I was a webhost I handled everything via paypal or 2checkout, look into these websites or ask your affiliate/reseller how they can accept payment, it's really a matter of accomodating them if they are providing you with business

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by gangcai View Post
    "figure out a way to send him money online" I only know "PayPal". Is there are other way?

    What do you mean "sending a check is a little 1980s"
    What's wrong with saying "sending a check is a little 1980s". In the UK cheques are to be phased out in 2018 providing there is an adequate alternative available. The peak of cheque usage was in 1990 in which 2.4 billion cheques were processed, by 2008 this figure had dropped to 663 million. I don't like the idea of them being phased out as they serve a purpose that electronic systems may not fulfil however they are a bit 80-90s.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by e-hoster View Post
    What's wrong with saying "sending a check is a little 1980s". In the UK cheques are to be phased out in 2018 providing there is an adequate alternative available. The peak of cheque usage was in 1990 in which 2.4 billion cheques were processed, by 2008 this figure had dropped to 663 million. I don't like the idea of them being phased out as they serve a purpose that electronic systems may not fulfil however they are a bit 80-90s.
    Hopefully we'll have a high-tech alternative in 2018.

    OP: Provide a discount on signup?

Similar Threads

  1. Pay as you go Reseller
    By Mareshal in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 01:20 AM
  2. Pay per click? pay per registration? pay per visits????
    By pesst in forum Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 06:43 AM
  3. Any good Pay-Per-Sale (aka Pay-Per-Lead or Pay-Per-Action) advertisers?
    By SaintsServers in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 04:38 PM
  4. 'pay as you go' reseller account
    By djwk in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 10:21 PM
  5. pay as you go .co.uk reseller
    By ServerSean in forum Domain Names
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 06:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •