100TB.com 2 years Review

We have been with 100tb.com when they used to be called 10TB.com so its been a while and I have not written a review about them yet so today I wanted to take some time and write some thoughts about their service.

Network

As most of you probably know, they are hosting their servers at SoftLayer. Softlayer already has a great network, in more then 2 years my servers have had zero network down time.

Customer Service

Cool thing about this guys is that I can pick up my phone and just call the 1888 number and have someone to talk to in less then 30 seconds, no wait time nothing. I personally think thats really good.

Bandwidth

My servers push around 25 - 30 TB a month so far no issues here. They have never capped any bandwidth and I can push full 1gbit if I need to any time (mind you I actually sometimes just test this out for fun and every time it can push fully gig from the servers)

Support

here I can write probably five pages but in simple words they are outstanding.

Just today I was having hard time figuring out how to do some networking stuff in my newly ordered ESX server. So I was emailing them back and forth the average response time was really impressive (less then 10 minutes)

Then just for the hell of it, I went to #vmware on freeNode and there some guy just started helping me out step by step. My issue was solved and then he PMed me letting me know that he was the General Manager of 100TB. That was purely coincidence.

But think about it, if a general manager of a company you are hosting at helps you without even knowing who you are or where you are hosting, how cool is that. To me it just tells me how much they would focus on customer service of their own clients.

At the end of the day I'm glad I picked 100TB over other hosting providers, today it really paid it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Desiguru View Post
    We have been with 100tb.com when they used to be called 10TB.com so its been a while and I have not written a review about them yet so today I wanted to take some time and write some thoughts about their service.

Network

As most of you probably know, they are hosting their servers at SoftLayer. Softlayer already has a great network, in more then 2 years my servers have had zero network down time.

Customer Service

Cool thing about this guys is that I can pick up my phone and just call the 1888 number and have someone to talk to in less then 30 seconds, no wait time nothing. I personally think thats really good.

Bandwidth

My servers push around 25 - 30 TB a month so far no issues here. They have never capped any bandwidth and I can push full 1gbit if I need to any time (mind you I actually sometimes just test this out for fun and every time it can push fully gig from the servers)

Support

here I can write probably five pages but in simple words they are outstanding.

Just today I was having hard time figuring out how to do some networking stuff in my newly ordered ESX server. So I was emailing them back and forth the average response time was really impressive (less then 10 minutes)

Then just for the hell of it, I went to #vmware on freeNode and there some guy just started helping me out step by step. My issue was solved and then he PMed me letting me know that he was the General Manager of 100TB. That was purely coincidence.

But think about it, if a general manager of a company you are hosting at helps you without even knowing who you are or where you are hosting, how cool is that. To me it just tells me how much they would focus on customer service of their own clients.

At the end of the day I'm glad I picked 100TB over other hosting providers, today it really paid it all off.
    Thanks for the review, glad to hear it. Yup - that was me you spoke to in IRC even though I didn't know you was out client till later on. I like to help out where I can.

Last edited by Thomas; 04-28-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    General Manager, 100TB
    100TB.com -> 21 Datacenter Locations

As Thomas said, thanks for the review Ill make sure the rest of the 100tb team sees this.

~ k
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth
    VPS.NET -> Cloud Hosting. 18 Locations. Check out our website!

Thanks for the review, we're currently considering getting a server there

Quote Originally Posted by Giant View Post
    Thanks for the review, we're currently considering getting a server there
    Definitely it will be a great choice.

Have a lot improved recently and now a days hardly have to wait for a ticket reply!

Quote Originally Posted by chennaihomie View Post
    Definitely it will be a great choice.

Have a lot improved recently and now a days hardly have to wait for a ticket reply!
    Thanks for noticing our ticket response times are getting lower constantly.

We are working to lower them still (of course while keeping the replies 100% tactful).

~ k
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth
    VPS.NET -> Cloud Hosting. 18 Locations. Check out our website!

Poor experience from us when dealing with abuse ticket.

It's not like we receive abuse ticket every week but once every few months.

It's always a hassle to deal with 100TB Server Engineer.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

@Desiguru : Thanks for sharing your experience in detail. Yeah it is always great when you get a personnel touch while dealing with customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    Poor experience from us when dealing with abuse ticket.

It's not like we receive abuse ticket every week but once every few months.

It's always a hassle to deal with 100TB Server Engineer.
    You can't really blame them for that - that's all SoftLayer.