Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toronto Canada How this place?

Applied for family migration to Toronto

May I know how this place is? Cost of living on average to rent a house and is this place good for IT jobs.

Will be moving to USA first, company sponsored for some time, later may settle in Canada.

Which is better is it Canada or USA?
    » hostcats.com - Linux|Windows
    » Shared|Reseller|Tomcat|vps|dedicated servers|Cloud
    » Datacenters:USA|India Cloud: OnApp
    » 100 days Full Refund| No Questions are asked!

i think this site might help you a bit:
    http://www.canadaimmigrants.com/Torontoliving.asp

also here is a site to help you figure out housing prices rent/buy
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-housing-W0QQCatIdZ34

I've got a friend in Toronto, She says the crime rate is outrageous. Anyway that's her opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

Thanks alot Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by musicman153 View Post
    I've got a friend in Toronto, She says the crime rate is outrageous. Anyway that's her opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
    LOL is it more dangerous than in the USA. I have heard of many open gun firing incidents in the USA so far. I thought Canada was more peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Manjusha4serveradmin View Post
    LOL is it more dangerous than in the USA. I have heard of many open gun firing incidents in the USA so far. I thought Canada was more peaceful
    I'm from Chicago (not the safest place in the world) and I love it. So I was really surprised when she told me how bad Toronto was. According to Google its one of the safest cities in the world. Let us know when you get there lol
    IwebNews.net

You can always live outside of Toronto. I was born and raised 45 minutes from Toronto. I loved it. I have moved away to another province 10 years ago, but I have heard the crime in downtown Toronto, has escalated over the years.

Overall canada in general is a safe and peaceful place. I'm very happy and fortunate to have been born and raised here.

lolwhut? Lived downtown for ~9 years and jogged every night at midnight. Was in what would be considered the ghetto and never had any kind of issue. Define 'crime'. Great city, would also recommend considering Vancouver. Both cities are gorgeous, the latter moreso all year round. The people are nice, the tech. scene is screaming busy and I'd move back in a heartbeat.

I'm bouncing between Chicago & Toronto and in the former I hear gunshots every night of the year. In Toronto I've never heard or seen a single incident -- there have been a few cases of gang violence, but that's exactly where it stops: gang vs. gang.

I'm from Chicago (not the safest place in the world) and I love it. So I was really surprised when she told me how bad Toronto was. According to Google its one of the safest cities in the world. Let us know when you get there lol
    I have a few old friends rocking there in Chicago Must be an awesome place.

Canada looks like a great place with great scenic beauty

Chicago is really an awesome city, of course you don't want to get lost as some areas are pretty rough.

I talk to my friend in Toronto almost every night and I told her about this thread. She got a good chuckle out of it. This past year she had moved out of the city itself and feels safer, but she still works downtown. I'm sure it's no worse than any other large city.
    IwebNews.net

Have some friends in Canada and it is peaceful.

You can also try New Zealand :-)

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Have some friends in Canada and it is peaceful.

You can also try New Zealand :-)
    Another one of my forum members lives in Christchurch. Beautiful country though they had quite a shake up a few months back.
    IwebNews.net

True. During 9/11 some people were open and firing at anyone that looked like they came from that part of the world.

So I wouldn't think it's that safe.

Toronto is just too packed and unless you like busy places. I wouldn't advise it. But I guess the IT jobs are there, but there are lots of people wanting an IT job and not enough jobs in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
    True. During 9/11 some people were open and firing at anyone that looked like they came from that part of the world.
    Yes we are a target for attacks especially in the USA Though better jobs will be in the USA.

Finding a job in Toronto will be a matter of luck, and crimes are too high especially in capital cities.

"Your money or your lives" and robbers around you

Quote Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't remember that being the case. Prejudice is born of ignorance and from a spiritual stance when we harm others we cause harm to ourselves. Hate can never be overcome by hate.
    IwebNews.net

Atleast I have read in news that Indians get attacked especially be blacks and there's had been a Chicago open gun shoot out by someone from philipino that killed many especially Indians and at last commited suicide . Probably someone who was physchic.

About the 9/11 i don't think so. That was a mourning time for the Americans.One of my cousin's was inside the lowest storey of the twin tower at that time, but he managed to escape.

Atleast I have read in news that Indians get attacked especially be blacks and there's had been a Chicago open gun shoot out by someone from philipino that killed many especially Indians and at last commited suicide . Probably someone who was physchic.

About the 9/11 i don't think so. That was a mourning time for the Americans.One of my cousin's was inside the lowest storey of the twin tower at that time, but he managed to escape.
    Why leave India. The best place is our country.

Again it's sad that humans still harm each other at all because of differences in color, nationality, or religion. It's not just the US, but the species has not evolved much in the last millennium.
    IwebNews.net

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Why leave India. The best place is our country.
    That's true.India is the best place at the moment with a big boom in IT.

US has an unwelcoming weather too !

Unfortunately, my betterhalf has high dreams to be in the west .

He had been working on a means to find a way to be in the west for a long time. However, I may just tour those places and return back.Or I may just keep switching between places.

Again it's sad that humans still harm each other at all because of differences in color, nationality, or religion. It's not just the US, but the species has not evolved much in the last millennium.
    It is really unGodly and against creation to harm people based on color, nationality, or religion!

Let alone differences in color, nationality, or religion!
    Here in India, itself people are really bad amongst themselves. Lots of cheating and frauds wherever possible

Have you considered Ottawa? It's often referred to as the Silicon Valley of Canada and it's repeatedly the safest city in Canada year after year. I've lived all over (Canada & Europe) and Ottawa is easily my favorite place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Have you considered Ottawa? It's often referred to as the Silicon Valley of Canada and it's repeatedly the safest city in Canada year after year. I've lived all over (Canada & Europe) and Ottawa is easily my favorite place.

Haha. Odd, Waterloo, Toronto & Vancouver are referenced as the same
    Ottawa is nice though, spent two years there. It has nothing on Vancouver & Toronto though.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Lived in Ottawa my whole life too! While I don't think it's anywhere close to the silicon valley, it has a good diversity in IT jobs.

I find Toronto a great place to visit, but I'd rather live in a smaller city.
    █ Pentester & IT Security Consultant

LOL I just love to be fishing salmons in Canada

Have seen bears catching and feasting them.

Is it safe to go for outings to such places without having to encounter with bears?

I know little about Toronto, but Canada in general is very nice, somewhat cold and the people are very friendly in general.

Only thing I know about Toronto is that the cost of living is very high, saw some show on TV about housing, houses are super pricey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast