Site access issues

Linux OS: Cent OS
    Linux server.galaxi.info 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5.028stab079.2 #1 SMP Fri Dec 17 19:25:15 MSK 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    Control Panel: Direct Admin (latest version)
    A "ps -auxf" vmstat 5 5(if possible) - I've attached it

I have a VPS, and I am having some issues with people accessing some of the websites.

They can access server.galaxi.info but they cannot access www.galaxi.info and they also cannot access www.animevision.tv
    server.galaxi.info is set as the VPS hostname. The nameservers are ns1.galaxi.info and ns2.galaxi.info.

I also have issues with adbrite being able to approve the adverts for animevision.tv, and twitter was unable to send me a verification email to animevision.tv but they had no issues sending them to other websites on the VPS.

They can access the websites at the IP address, and through a firewall. If they try to ping the site is says unknown host.
    Other websites including their own which are hosted on the VPS work fine, and no one has been having issues accessing them.

I have no problems accessing any of the websites myself, I have used a few different websites to test if they can detect the servers are up and nothing.

I've checked the nameservers, DNS configuration, and DirectAdmins blacklist, domain files etc. I cannot see anything different in the settings for galaxi.info and animevision.tv which differ from the other websites.

I have messaged my VPS host to ask if they can check the firewall, but in the mean time if anyone can help I would be greatful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi

Have you altered the DNS settings for these domains in the last 24 to 48 hours ?

Andrew

Check your iptables rules to ensure it isn't blocking any requests.

Thank you both for your help.

It was Iptables missing a rule, so it works now

I'm having to bump this topic, as I have switched from my VPS to a dedicated server. I'm having a similar issue and I can't remember what I did to make it work on the VPS.

The difference is this time that one of the domain names work, which is the one I have set for the Nameservers - www.galaxi.info and the nameservers are:
    ns1.galaxi.info
    ns2.galaxi.info

And the hostname for the server works.
    The domains which do not work include www.animevision.tv and www.albal.co.uk
    Although animevision.tv loads for myself - but not for anyone else which is making me think it is a IPTables issue again. albal.co.uk does not load for myself.

The server is a Kimsufi one.

I've followed the setup instructions for IPtables on OVHs website to make sure I did it correct - They're also pretty much the same as my VPS ones, except allowing OVH instead of my VPS provider.

I've checked all the DNS related files on the server and cannot see any problems.

I'm still using DirectAdmin and everything is configured the same way I did it for the VPS.

Does anyone have any suggestions?