Any Peer1 LA Datacenter Reseller?

I'd like to find any peer1 LA reseller

Budget: $100

Configuration:

CPU: Atom
    Ram: 2GB
    HDD: 250GB
    Bandwidth: 3TB on 100Mbps port

Any particular reason why you want peer1? Seems interesting.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Any particular reason why you want peer1? Seems interesting.
    The network is fast in China

Don't recommend h4y.us to me because I don't have good experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Showfom View Post
    Hmmmm....

Compared to quadranet.com, which one is faster for you?
    Last edited by net; 04-27-2011 at 02:12 AM.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Hmmmm....

Compared to quadranet.com, which one is faster from you?
    China's network is complicated, I can't answer that question

Why not buy from Peer1 directly? Serverbeach.com
    because of the price?

Quote Originally Posted by CNSERVERS View Post
    Why not buy from Peer1 directly? Serverbeach.com
    because of the price?
    yeah, because of the price.

I bought a server from h4y.us only cost me $55. so....

Well yeah peer 1 has got quality service and bandwidth .. may be the offer section of this forum can help you out with the requirements.
    || Eminds Infotech || 9th Year of Server Management Solutions ||
    || Server Management || 24x7 Technical Support || Cloud Management ||
    || 24x7 Live Chat Support || VPS Management || Server Migrations ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com||

Visit an offer section and I'm sure you will find what you need there.

CPU: Atom
    Ram: 2GB
    HDD: 250GB
    Bandwidth: 3TB on 100Mbps port
    You're probably best going through Serverbeach but their Atom comes with a 10Mbps port and cannot be upgraded. The closest you'll get is a Core2Duo with 250Gb HD, 3.3Tb and 2 gigs of RAM, upgrade the port for $10 and pay the setup fee ($49). You'll be on $109 a month then.

I checked micrahosting.com, it is over $139 but good in China

ServerOrigin is offering the option to purchase Peer1 bandwidth with their servers, but it might be out of your budget. They're colocated with us at TelX three floors down from Peer1 LA.

check out micrahosting , they are the reseller from Peer 1 LA , they do have got their colocation set up with Peer1
    || Eminds Infotech || 9th Year of Server Management Solutions ||
    || Server Management || 24x7 Technical Support || Cloud Management ||
    || 24x7 Live Chat Support || VPS Management || Server Migrations ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com||

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    ServerOrigin is offering the option to purchase Peer1 bandwidth with their servers, but it might be out of your budget. They're colocated with us at TelX three floors down from Peer1 LA.
    Thanks for the mention:

Coming in with a $100 price on any amount of Peer1 bandwidth is tough. We get some great pricing but Peer1 bandwidth carries a hefty price tag. However, on unfiltered Peer1 traffic, we can come in real close.

As for links to China though... You're right, Peer1 is likely the best carrier for Asian connectivity from the US. The next best options direct would be: PCCW Global, NTT, PACNET (Asianetcom)

(Correct me if I'm wrong. This may no longer be applicable.)
    Another Option:
    HE.Net dumps into Peer1 (last I checked) in LA. Therefore, you could go with someone like Take2Hosting and get Hurricane Electric IP's. Take2 used to have the option of selecting Cogent or HE. By selecting HE: When you route outbound to China, they ride Peer1 to Asia so you would be getting the next best option. The cost would likely be quite a bit cheaper in trade for a few additional ms of latency.

Best of Luck!
    Last edited by FiberPeer; 07-12-2011 at 04:58 AM.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Just to clarify:
    "riding peer1 to Asia" --> This should have been, they ride peer1 routes out of LA to Asia. Before someone blasts me over that

And after some further testing... It does appear the routing has changed since the last I checked for HE. HE still looks to be a viable option though.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support

Quote Originally Posted by ServerOrigin View Post
    Just to clarify:
    "riding peer1 to Asia" --> This should have been, they ride peer1 routes out of LA to Asia. Before someone blasts me over that
    If that really was the case, then HE must've been pulling some dirty shenanigans, as I'm pretty sure they just peer, and HE doesn't buy transit from PEER 1. That would mean HE pointed some routes to PEER 1 that weren't being advertised to them, as PEER 1 wouldn't currently have any asian routes. Needless to say, this is not acceptable behaviour.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

Quote Originally Posted by hhw View Post
    If that really was the case, then HE must've been pulling some dirty shenanigans, as I'm pretty sure they just peer, and HE doesn't buy transit from PEER 1. That would mean HE pointed some routes to PEER 1 that weren't being advertised to them, as PEER 1 wouldn't currently have any asian routes. Needless to say, this is not acceptable behaviour.
    It appeared to be the case back in the first part of this year because we were actually doing some research on this same question.

I tried to find the topic I saw about 8 months ago with someone mentioning it. However, I did find a conversation where someone mentioned the same back in March of this year. It is related here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archiv...t-1032671.html

(Do a search for Peer1 in the thread, DMDM mentions the same scenario we were seeing)

Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by DMDM
    I looked at HE routes to to Peer1 from all their looking glass accessible routers and in most cases they would dump it to Peer1 immediately. And where Peer1 does not have presence (like Asia) they would carry it to LA and then dump it to Peer1 right there.

Testing routes from HE to Europe shows very decent paths and latencies though- they are not dumping European traffic but rather carry it over to Europe and then hand it off there.

So my impression is that if there a peering point for the destination network HE will reach it with the shortest internal path and dump it there.
    Sadly, I no longer have the research data from back then but maybe this helps to clarify.

hhw: I know you know your stuff so I'm not trying to question you here. I fully understand what you're saying but it was the routing we were seeing back in Jan-Feb. Now it's always possible we were looking at something wrong or simply weren't seeing the full picture.
    Last edited by FiberPeer; 07-14-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerOrigin View Post
    hhw: I know you know your stuff so I'm not trying to question you here. I fully understand what you're saying but it was the routing we were seeing back in Jan-Feb. Now it's always possible we were looking at something wrong or simply weren't seeing the full picture.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting you at all that was the case; it's actually not all that uncommon in the peering world. But it is pretty shady behaviour, and you'd think HE would be large enough of a company not to pull something like that, but apparently not.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

I would love to see some traceroute shows that HE -> Peer1 -> China.

We have been monitoring performance of HE LAX and HE SJC to China Telecom/Unicom exclusively, have never seen something like that.

I highly doubt peer1 would let HE do that if they know about it.
    The most I've seen is HE dumps China traffic to Telia.
    Last edited by CNSERVERS; 07-14-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Kind of off topic, but has anyone ever purchased from CT Americas?