Thread: url structure

url structure

Hi Guys,

How to give the url structure for website can anyone help me better to give with folder or giving without folder which one is better can any suggest me the best option
      0 Not allowed!

Please elaborate the exact requirements you are looking for as its confusing with few things.
    || Eminds Infotech || 9th Year of Server Management Solutions ||
    || Server Management || 24x7 Technical Support || Cloud Management ||
    || 24x7 Live Chat Support || VPS Management || Server Migrations ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com||
      0 Not allowed!

i think you are talking about your website pages if yes then making each pages folder is better idea as when you try to make changes in you website it will be easier for you
      0 Not allowed!

What are you actually asking? Are you wanting to know whether it is better to put your webpages in folders, eg. yourdomain.com/web/web-design.html
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by actionking View Post
    Hi Guys,

How to give the url structure for website can anyone help me better to give with folder or giving without folder which one is better can any suggest me the best option
    URL structure should be SEO friendly. Directory type URL structure are most suitable for a website.
      0 Not allowed!

group your web pages into your main themes. Each theme should have its own directory. This allows for logical content structure as well as being user friendly.
    Regards,
    Leslie

Basically, "domainname + category + post" structure is the best.
      0 Not allowed!

better writing Url is that they apper friendly for user .its may be confusing for the user who would hard time memorizing or creating a link to
    so ideal url used words insted of number
      0 Not allowed!

just use keywords in url,dont create sub folder for it.like subth../dir/etc..try to make like this subth../etc...
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for all your comment sure will work it out
      0 Not allowed!

Try to stay with a simple a structure as possible. The easier it is for you to remember, the easier it is for your clients to remember as will.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by n_touch View Post
    Try to stay with a simple a structure as possible. The easier it is for you to remember, the easier it is for your clients to remember as will.
    sure will follow it up
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by actionking View Post
    Hi Guys,

For a site with more than a thousand pages, it is very likely to employ a folder structure than all files located in the root. Folders are useful in keeping things organized in a website. Folders can be used to separate specific sections within a website. Example, a blog section can be located in site.com/blog while products section can be located in site.com/products.

Moreover, folders can also be used to subdivide sections. Example, within a blog, there are multiple categories, so site.com/blog/category1, site.com/blog/category2/ and so on. Same thing goes with products section, which may include multiple items. ex. site.com/products/item1, site.com/products/item2 and so on.

By incorporating folder structure in a website, it makes a URL readable, thus user and search engine friendly.
      0 Not allowed!