can you Do you trust reviews?

hey,

any body tell me about how much do you trust hosting reviews and critics in general?

I take a lot of reviews with a grain of salt. Around here I put a lot more trust in long time members who describe their experiences than someone brand new posting a review.

There are "review" websites with paid spots that you simply can't trust.

I like the fact that many of the reviews on here are almost crowdsourced in nature. There are a lot of people who might have used the same service and bring their experience to the table. It kind of helps to give you a more realistic picture of what a particular company may be like.

Review is the things to understand the company service , their support and the offerrings. So yeah the genuine reviews should be trusted when you are signing up for your hosting account with any host.
    || Eminds Infotech || 9th Year of Server Management Solutions ||
    || Server Management || 24x7 Technical Support || Cloud Management ||
    || 24x7 Live Chat Support || VPS Management || Server Migrations ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com||

What eNetCloud-CEO said was correct and if your going for a web hosting or reseller hosting or vps or whatever maybe you should first search for the reviews in Web Hosting Stuff or in WHT itself! If there are no comments or reviews then you could open a thread in WHT

Mostly lots of web hosting sellers including us use Web Hosting Stuff for tracking uptime and for customer feedbacks!

Reviews to me.. depends on whats being said and what all about the company, and how long they have been with them.

First month reviews I don't really take into consideration too much just for the fact that not much is going to happen in 30 days, a review should at least be 6 months to me as then you can truely see how the provider acts to things, how they handle important things, how the server is overall and network is.

But when I do look for a review, I look at the key points they succeed with (from that clients review and also the points that the client feels they didn't meet so well, i also check reviews that ones are saying they are bad because i actually like these more then the positive ones because you get to see how the Hosting Company resolves the issue if they had a negative time with the company, and you get to hear both storys, how the company acts towards it, how they help, what was the problem, why did this happen, and see if it would matter to you, or if it was just a one client one thing, etc.

Reviews here sometimes can be weird and some times not all 100% true, so you always do your own review/research on them with google and ask questions about them directly to the company and to users who have tried them.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Although I do not agree a hundred percent with this statement that all reviews are true, I have to admit that in most cases, peoples make them fake, FN-Mark said well, I am also agree with their views that how long a customer has been attached with the company. A long termed customer's reviews are more reliable to others.

It depends on the review if they really are genuine and comes from a reliable source.

There reviews published here in WHT can be trusted. One of the reason is that the community does not allow biased and non objective reviews to be publicized. I don't think that people should trust to most of the web hosting reviews websites. Most of those are just a bunch of affiliate links place on a few pages.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

In any review given by someone one can easily filter what kind of reiew it is genuine or just to be in crowd

As for me I tend to trust those who use host in reality.

As statistically people are more likely to review a negative experience than a positive one, I'm not one for trusting reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by TrySparta View Post
    As statistically people are more likely to review a negative experience than a positive one, I'm not one for trusting reviews.
    That seems irrelevant. Just because people are more likely to review a negative experience doesn't make their experience any more or less legitimate.
    Respectfully,
    Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bee View Post
    I take a lot of reviews with a grain of salt. Around here I put a lot more trust in long time members who describe their experiences than someone brand new posting a review.

There are "review" websites with paid spots that you simply can't trust.
    This sums it up perfectly.

I personally love those with less that 10 posts, or been a member for a month, blasting companies. If it doesn't reek of a competitor I am not sure how much more clear cut it can get. I also consider the previous person's post history. You will easily I.D. those who are on the pay roll of a company when you see that every 3rd post they are recommending a single host or two.

There are endless chicken littles who go running off to forums and review sites after being terminated for abuse, fraud, among other things. You see plenty of that around WHT. People blasting a company and calling them scammers, etc. before even submitting a SUPPORT TICKET. As if WHT is their support channel.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

Quote Originally Posted by jaypeesmith View Post
    I like the fact that many of the reviews on here are almost crowdsourced in nature. There are a lot of people who might have used the same service and bring their experience to the table. It kind of helps to give you a more realistic picture of what a particular company may be like.
    Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    There reviews published here in WHT can be trusted. One of the reason is that the community does not allow biased and non objective reviews to be publicized. I don't think that people should trust to most of the web hosting reviews websites. Most of those are just a bunch of affiliate links place on a few pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-Mark View Post
    Reviews to me.. depends on whats being said and what all about the company, and how long they have been with them.
    First month reviews I don't really take into consideration too much just for the fact that not much is going to happen in 30 days, a review should at least be 6 months to me as then you can truely see how the provider acts to things, how they handle important things, how the server is overall and network is.
    But when I do look for a review, I look at the key points they succeed with (from that clients review and also the points that the client feels they didn't meet so well, i also check reviews that ones are saying they are bad because i actually like these more then the positive ones because you get to see how the Hosting Company resolves the issue if they had a negative time with the company, and you get to hear both stories, how the company acts towards it, how they help, what was the problem, why did this happen, and see if it would matter to you, or if it was just a one client one thing, etc.
    Reviews here sometimes can be weird and some times not all 100% true, so you always do your own review/research on them with google and ask questions about them directly to the company and to users who have tried them.
    I couldn't agree more
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

You definitly have to take reviews with a grain of salt, I usually dont pay much attention to good reviews until i have 90% settled on that provider and I compare against other good reviews. I usually just focus on bad reviews, see how the service provider responds to the bad reviewer, and see quantity of bad reviews. I have seen some bad reviews claiming slow speeds etc without explaining what speed they are talking about Ram, CPU, Network?
    Jmainguy Solutions | Tech Support for Linux game servers and Windows anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 000005 View Post
    hey,

any body tell me about how much do you trust hosting reviews and critics in general?
    I trust them as I don't read only one. I generally read 4 - 5 from different sources. With a system like this you will get a good perspective about the services reviewed.
    Coupon Site Script - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

Code Coupon Discount - Coupon Site Script in Action

I trust most reviews on this site but not hosting review sites.

I found KnownHost by reading reviews on WHT.

I also take reviews with a grain of salt. For static websites, I didn't find 1and1 to be terrible and I could understand support even though they had a different accent than mine.

A lot of people drool all over their chin for Hostgator, yet I lasted a week on their server with a blog that was lucky to get 25-50 visitors a day. It was so slow that working in the admin section totally sucked. I might give them another chance one day because they do get good reviews and maybe I was on a bad node. But now that I have learned so much more about hosting practices, I tend to shy away from unlimited because I feel it draws a crowd that will either host a thousand sites under one cPanel account or run scripts that kill the server.

And before anyone gets on here crying for me to post my domain or email, let me tell you that this is my sincere opinion and I don't owe anyone here squat except the mods, so don't ask.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I dont look at reviews to much as im a person to try things myself. I much rather try myself and lose some money rather than listen to reviews. Now dont take that the wrong way, I will look into the company and try to follow up with the reviewers claims. I would also trust reviews from experienced members of this forum. I have been with a handful of companies and only a couple of them i had bad experiences with. I have been with burst, host genie, volumedrive, hostestate (lol, worst one of them all once he sold his company).

Reviews here on WHT in general tend to be more informative than on other sites. Some reviewers go as far as to describe what they're actually hosting so that you at least have a basis to judge their priorities on. The ones that are mostly negative and don't cite what or why they were suspended, for instance, get ranked as outliers and are for the most part ignored.

We get our fair share of misunderstandings that blow out to public soapboxing. Just use your judgment on which posts actually seem rational, and not just emotionally charged.

Also, while its by no means the best method or sole method, I also use frequency of recommendation as a means to narrow down the field. There are some respectable WHT members who do tend to recommend the same services by fellow members time and time again. Of course it can be abused, but I've actually had better experiences with those than with any other strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott04 View Post
    I dont look at reviews to much as im a person to try things myself. I much rather try myself and lose some money rather than listen to reviews. Now dont take that the wrong way, I will look into the company and try to follow up with the reviewers claims. I would also trust reviews from experienced members of this forum. I have been with a handful of companies and only a couple of them i had bad experiences with. I have been with burst, host genie, volumedrive, hostestate (lol, worst one of them all once he sold his company).
    Sounds like a solid plan chief.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

hello,

some time reviews is true but most time is not true because some company down any company write a review about this site for any person.