Recommendations please...

I have a few small niche sites the largest of which has a nice little forum with 2600 members. Site traffic averages 250 users per day and ranges from 200-400 a day. Approx 40,000 page views per month, and 4-5 GB of bandwidth.

My current host gives me a master level account which I can set up individual Cpanels for my domains. (I love this) My VPS is a Pentium IV 2.0Ghz, 1 GB Ram.

I think it is the server coughing and sputtering each time a page is requested that is giving my users and myself a lot of grief with the site in terms of slow page loads.

I could use your help in determining what I need in terms of processor and ram and what companies out there, if any, have a semi managed environment that I can have a WHM style panel for creating accounts but still have the server software controlled for me.

Thanks for your help.

p.s. my budget is about $100 per month.

For $100, you can move to a nice dedicated server. What location are are most of your users located? Then I can try to suggest a provider and server.

There's a lot of budget providers out there who will do the minimum for you like securing your server and etc for what you are willing to pay per month.

Dedicated Server sounds like a good choice for yourself. You'll get cPanel & WHM included and you'll be the controller of it all. You can even create resellers, master and alpha too.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Quote Originally Posted by CraterHost View Post
    What location are are most of your users located?
    Texas
    California
    Florida
    Arizona
    New York
    Virgina
    Colorado

In that order.

I've posted some analytics data at AR10T dot com/wmt/siteusers.jpg

***Sorry new users can't insert links***

THANKS!

Basically in the USA. You don't really have to be so specific over which state they are in. Connection is still in the US.

Hmm... Any US host would be able to take you on. Should be easy.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Welltodo Century

What kind of server specs should I be looking for? Would a Dual core w/ 2GB RAM be sufficient?

It should be good enough for you... for your current situation, you don't really need much processing power or etc. 40-50K page views per month is low actually.

So I would say anything at all in the market which is not "Out of Date" should be doing well for you. There's not much for you to think about coz you're not on a HUGE site.
    Aaron Ong
    Welltodo Century

Thanks for the info! It has been a big help.

No problem... by the way, do check out the offer section, you might find what you want there
    Aaron Ong
    Welltodo Century

Even GD is stable and reliable. What features do you need on your host's side? These factors could change recommendations.

I think I found exactly what I need after talking to a service provider I use. They raved about a server host they use.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Now I just need to find myself an admin who can keep me from screwing things up too much.

Who might that be if you don't mind me asking? Which host is it?
    Aaron Ong
    Welltodo Century

Quote Originally Posted by bizwiz1981 View Post
    I think I found exactly what I need after talking to a service provider I use. They raved about a server host they use.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Now I just need to find myself an admin who can keep me from screwing things up too much.

Good to hear.

What kind of server did you get?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

The developer of an application I use recommended simplehelix.com

I talked to the developer on the phone for a while and then chatted with someone from simplehelix.com too. They offer dedicated servers with an option to have it managed. The also have Cpanel.

I haven't signed up yet but it looks good --and-- one of the sites I'll be putting on the server is a magento store.

Searching the site here I didn't find much info about them but sometimes no info is good info.

I was going to go with 1&1 but everything I read here screamed STAY AWAY!

Ultimately. it'll be higher cost than I was planning on spending but to have a managed dedicated server with Cpanel and Reselling is just what I need. Essentially what I was looking for was a VPS but with no one else on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Good to hear.

What kind of server did you get?

I just finished browsing through your site! You have some very attractive server packages. Are your dedicated servers set up with WHM?