Looking for a cheap west coast Xen.

I'm looking to host a mumble and a small minecraft server, and maybe a low traffic forum. I'd like to pay $20/month or less. Preferably I'd have at least 512MB of ram, hopefully 1GB, transfer and drive space aren't an issue as I'll be running very light apps. 2host.com appears to have exactly what I'm looking for but I'm unsure of their site. It looks like it was last updated 2 years ago. Anyone have any info?

Thanks,
    errant

You should contact them directly on whether minecraft itself is allowed. Their AUP has a cart-blanc clause for them to limit applications that cause excessive resource usage. Minecraft is known to cause problems for a lot of hosting companies.

Given their price-point, I'd be surprised if they allow it.

Burst.net really has the best budget vps servers. Check them out.

I suggest linode.com and go with there 512 plan as it's a very powerful service and they have a great network. You do know that minecraft servers use alot of resources; and with a low-end box (512mb) you cannot have a huge amount of traffic on the minecraft server if your wanting to host a mumble voIP service and also a little forum.

Quote Originally Posted by CraterHost View Post
    Burst.net really has the best budget vps servers. Check them out.
    Do you read before you post? Burst.net does not fall into his requirements or question's; He asked for a West Coast XEN services...

Burst is a budget vps provider in PA-East Coast, and Miami, and EU..

What I do recommend for you; is that you grab a 512 linode or someone around the same service level; you can also check out 123systems.net they offer MineCraft packages that the nodes are setup to handle the use, and configured nodes to handle high loads and such.

But what I do recommend is you grab at least a 512mb linode or one of 123system's MC packages; and then find a low-end box with a nice amount of bandwidth to run the mumble / tiny website. That way you can have them both running good. Mumble is going to require some bandwidth/data transfer as it's a BW sucker (not too bad but it does suck some down..) and then running your forum should be hosted on there as well.. a Lowend VPS should be great for them two aslong as you get some bandwidth, for this you should try buyvm.net as they offer pretty low end plans with some great bandwidth and then checking out linode or 123 for your minecraft XEN or high ram, high end VPS for running your MC.

Good luck..

You can also check the Buy&Sell section..
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by FN-Mark View Post
    Do you read before you post? Burst.net does not fall into his requirements or question's; He asked for a West Coast XEN services...

Burst is a budget vps provider in PA-East Coast, and Miami, and EU..
    You may want to spend a little more time reading, and less time trolling chief.

They opened up their L.A. location some time ago in addition to Miami. So, to correct you, they DO actually offer a West Coast VPS plan.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post

They opened up their L.A. location some time ago in addition to Miami. So, to correct you, they DO actually offer a West Coast VPS plan.
    Uhmm, but Burst dont offer Xen at this time

Yes they do but on Windows http://burst.net/winvps.shtml
    SlickWebHost::Quality Personal and Business Hosting Solutions
    USA and UK, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, R1Soft Shared Hosting
    USA and UK Virtual Private Servers with Best Connectivity to Europe, North America and Asia
    SlickWebHost::Non-outsourced 24/7 Support

Quote Originally Posted by SlickWebHost-Claudiu View Post
    Yes they do but on Windows http://burst.net/winvps.shtml
    You would be correct fine sire. My apologies for not clarifying that previously.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

Quote Originally Posted by errantspark View Post
    I'm looking to host a mumble and a small minecraft server, and maybe a low traffic forum. I'd like to pay $20/month or less. Preferably I'd have at least 512MB of ram, hopefully 1GB, transfer and drive space aren't an issue as I'll be running very light apps. 2host.com appears to have exactly what I'm looking for but I'm unsure of their site. It looks like it was last updated 2 years ago. Anyone have any info?

Thanks,
    errant
    Do you want a Control panel there too? or that's not included in the $20/month budget?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Any particular location in the West Coast you're looking for?
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

Arrow

i am looking for a good vps hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post

Do they offer west coast XEN Plans?

Thank you for trying to correct something that wasn't a troll? I was stating that they do not offer a Westcoast XEN package; and there L.A location is also a new service and was released and announced not to long ago and when it was first released it was a beta service as their Windows Plans so I wouldn't fully state that there first date of it was official until it was announced stable and working fine.

Where can you see that i'm trolling? I personally love burst and burst is one of the oldest, and most known and reliable providers for a budget service; so him stating Burst.net for a West coast XEN service, thats trolling?

Thanks for your two cents, hope you feel better. Quit trolling buddy

/2cnts.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!

thanks

Thanks a lot for all the help, I'm tempted to try the burst.net Windows boxes, however, I've never administered a windows box via command line? Is it possible to VNC into the box and administer it that way? Without BASH I fear I'm kind of lost.

Thanks a lot for all the help, I'm tempted to try the burst.net Windows boxes, however, I've never administered a windows box via command line? Is it possible to VNC into the box and administer it that way? Without BASH I fear I'm kind of lost.
    Windows will work via RDP like you are sitting in front of your PC. You do not need to administer it via DOS :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Windows... is just like your windows pc. You access it via remote desktop connection, and it gives you a desktop access like your normal home machine running on windows.

You do not need or have access to a terminal console like linux/unix machines, you do have a command prompt that all windows machines have by opening up the start menu, clicking run and typing cmd and enter.

If you a more experienced with linux and such though I do suggest finding a linux machine then going with Windows. I also think Burst Windows VPS is a "Beta Service".

You guys are cracking me up over here. Sorry for fluff.. I know this great West Coast company that has Xen nodes hahaha but seriously you guys.

Funny threads coming out of this one

By the way Mark, DO YOU EVER SLEEP!? Be in Dallas on Friday now, not Thursday. See you then mate.
    Last edited by matrux; 04-28-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: added more
    Encept, a division of Zeruck, LLC.
    visit our site | chat with us online
    WE DO NOT OVERSELL AND WE ARE STABLE!

Take a look at ThrustVPS or YardVPS.

Quote Originally Posted by matrux View Post
    You guys are cracking me up over here. Sorry for fluff.. I know this great West Coast company that has Xen nodes hahaha but seriously you guys.

Funny threads coming out of this one

By the way Mark, DO YOU EVER SLEEP!? Be in Dallas on Friday now, not Thursday. See you then mate.
    Haha Justin,
    I can't wait til your down here. Shoot me a e-mail when ever your in the office so I can catch up with you, I got the one you sent the other night but e-mail me with all the information when you land and where at so we are able to meet up. Are we still meeting up for that DC Tour?

I'm at the our office now, and I told ya I work late tonight that we had a shipment of nodes rolling in early this morning.

-------------

ThrustVPS;
    ThrustVPS has some very nice, and well priced plans very low that should fit your requirements and they have alot of locations.

You can also check out encept.net they have some very powerful nodes/servers and nice packages located in LA with very powerful nodes, and DDoS Protected Network.

Simple - prgmr.com

Thanks,
    errant
    Just FYI minecraft runs fine on OpenVZ.