Weird spam comments on my blog - please help?

Hi all,

I am running a blog using wordpress and for the past few days I am getting 100-200 spam comments daily. I am using Akismet plugin too and it is sending those spam comments automatically to the SPAM folder.

But the reason to ask for help here is that those comments are not normal, they are not being posted on any "blog post" but they are posted on 'images', see for yourself here -

See on the right side where it says 'In Response To' - it is not a blog post but they are my blog images.

How can spammers comment on images where there is no option available to comment?

How can I stop this thing?
    Professional Banner Design :: Complete Satisfaction & Fast Turnaround :: Art, Design & Inspiration Blog

Here Today - Gone to Maui
    This article may help you
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting, Hundreds of Servers & Clients Worldwide
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers | Blog

Excellent find Steve

I tried it but still I am getting spam comments, I searched on google and found many other people asking for the same thing and unfortunately there is no good solution to disable comments on images
    Professional Banner Design :: Complete Satisfaction & Fast Turnaround :: Art, Design & Inspiration Blog

If its a Wordpress blog then implement
    Its a free product from the same people that wrote Wordpress. It helps stop spam commenting by looking at the comment itself, who is posting it, IP address etc, installing it also helps the Askimet network protect other sites against spam too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

search for wordpress plugin called "Bad Behavior"
    Bad Behavior is one of the Internet’s most trusted solutions for helping to prevent link spam and other malicious activity, from well-known sites to the smallest blogs.
    hope this helps

Thanks Steve-Hostirian to share article related with disable image comments. Spam comment is a very big problem for most of the webmasters. It will help other people as well who are facing same problem.

The cure of everything = IP block the china subnet.

I know how to block automated spam comment, only you need to change your comment field name, I mean this files

Name: (change this into database and comment.php file - you don't need to change "name" only you need to change field name)

Wordpress auto comment poster use this field for posting a automated comments so If you change this then your problem will be fixed.

I know Its a hard to change this filed name because of you need to check your all wp files, db(any mistake will be stop comment system)

For example:
    <h3 id="comments"><?php comments_number('No Responses', 'One Response', '% Responses' );?> to “<?php the_title(); ?>”</h3>
    change no responses, responses to other word, for example: No beat, One Beat, '% beats'
    Dewlance® Cheap Windows VPS - Chicago/Orlando/Vegas/AZ - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    Super Cheap Annually Shared Hosting - Canada/US/UK