growing too fast and maintaining the quality of service

There is a notion when a business grows too fast the quality of service declines. What are your ideas to avoid this scenario? Any suggestions for web hosts experiencing fast growth rates?

Thanks in advance.

If you plan on marketing a lot hire on contract support staff and ride it out. Based on where the volume of support requests lies will determine how many more staff you need. Running a business is not easy and support is a challenge.

Hmmmm... I have very low expectations from contractual support staff. I fear they'll lower the quality of support. I am looking at hiring full-timers but it is very difficult to find qualified candidates in my area.

Anyone willing to share their hiring strategies and training program?

Yes this is sometimes true. But you should have the experience to handle this. I would say support staff would be the first to go. You should always have more then needed of staff. I think that would be one of the most critical. I would say next maybe setup times, make sure you always have products on hand.

If this is your only problem, it's not a problem.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by nowanda View Post
    There is a notion when a business grows too fast the quality of service declines. What are your ideas to avoid this scenario? Any suggestions for web hosts experiencing fast growth rates?

Thanks in advance.
    My response to that situation would be to limit the amount of clients to what you can handle, and set prices at a level that allows you to afford to expand both availability and support when you reach that first limit. You might lose some clients over it when they land on your page and see "sold out" but if you're honest about it, you just might impress them enough to make them check back with you later.

Quote Originally Posted by jarland View Post
    My response to that situation would be to limit the amount of clients to what you can handle, and set prices at a level that allows you to afford to expand both availability and support when you reach that first limit. You might lose some clients over it when they land on your page and see "sold out" but if you're honest about it, you just might impress them enough to make them check back with you later.

I agree with this, it's so much better than taking on the extra client just to give them delays and bad service.

Quote Originally Posted by jarland View Post
    You might lose some clients over it when they land on your page and see "sold out" but if you're honest about it, you just might impress them enough to make them check back with you later.
    BuyVM seems to do well with that idea