how to deal dmca notice

We have a website that allows users to share content and images, some times users upload copyrighted images on it and we have no idea.

Usually whenever we get notice, we remove the content immediately and inform the concerned authorities, now we have shifted to another host and got a dmca notice, we removed the content immediately and informed our datacenter/host.

But this host has suspended our website and not allowing us to host website with conditions

that are:
    Either we have to pay them $2000 extra per month
    or they will hit us with $300 per any notice
    or remove the websites.

Please note that this was the first or second case in 4-5 months.

What should we do?

suggestions please!

Does facebook and youtube get copyrighted content uploaded by users how they deal this story?

Isn't it enough to remove the content upon receiving the notice?

How to prevent users to upload copyrighted images as we have no idea of uploads, though our terms and conditions clearly state that we are not responsible for user generated content.

You can try to find a host that will allow you to comply with the requirements of the DMCA without penalizing you (as far as I know, I think you are taking the right approach, in accord with the law).

The other alternative would be to find a VPS host that would allow you to do the same; it MIGHT be easier to do so since a VPS has its own IP address, and a server shut down can happen without affecting dozens of other customers.

YouTube and the other sites like that are hosted on dedicated servers, and they are equipped with plenty of RAM, disk space, and lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    You can try to find a host that will allow you to comply with the requirements of the DMCA without penalizing you (as far as I know, I think you are taking the right approach, in accord with the law).

The other alternative would be to find a VPS host that would allow you to do the same; it MIGHT be easier to do so since a VPS has its own IP address, and a server shut down can happen without affecting dozens of other customers.

YouTube and the other sites like that are hosted on dedicated servers, and they are equipped with plenty of RAM, disk space, and lawyers.
    we have our own dedicated servers 09 machines.