Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Backup WHM

  1. #1

    Backup WHM

    I'm getting cautious about one of my Linux reseller accounts. Is there a way to backup WHM? How can I do a full backup of my reseller account without root access?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982

  3. #3
    You will need to contact your reseller and they should be able to send you a complete backup with a backup of all of your clients cPanels

  4. #4
    My hosting company (not reseller) is not responding. Maybe he's working on the problem.

  5. #5
    I had tryed it, too. But reseller hosting does not allow this and providers don't help about this subject.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by HostLoud View Post
    You will need to contact your reseller and they should be able to send you a complete backup with a backup of all of your clients cPanels

    I never see a provider gives you a complete backup of reseller account. They can only restore as your request.

    Dustin at Semoweb replied me this in my ticket.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by chhit View Post
    I never see a provider gives you a complete backup of reseller account. They can only restore as your request.

    Dustin at Semoweb replied me this in my ticket.
    Hello,

    That's correct most host will not provide you with back ups for all accounts its a huge time consuming process to do this while back ups are on a remote server, its a lot easier for a provider to find and simply restore a desired/needed back up.

    All the best,

    Dustin

  8. #8
    Hi,

    If it is a Linux reseller.

    Ask them to assign the privileges to take the backup after granting you the shell access.

    You can do that with a file located in the server called,/etc/sudoers

    This file helps us to grant permissions for certain users.

    Thanks and regards,
    Tam

    <<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-05-2011 at 02:14 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam007 View Post
    Hi,

    If it is a Linux reseller.

    Ask them to assign the privileges to take the backup after granting you the shell access.

    You can do that with a file located in the server called,/etc/sudoers

    This file helps us to grant permissions for certain users.

    Thanks and regards,
    Tam

    <<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, if the reseller doesn't respond to emails or trouble tickets, it's hard to get them to do anything.

    While we're on the subject, what is a helpful protocol with regard to a problem reseller? Should they be "outed" here when all is said and done? As a small businessman, I understand companies having problems. Hopefully I'm a reasonable person.

    What I don't understand is why a company would shut down outside communications with their customers when they have a legitimate problem. What I also don't understand is why companies will choose to disappear over night and leave their loyal customers holding the bag. Since this situation has happened to me before, I've made sure to get physical contact information for the company. They have mine, as well.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-05-2011 at 02:14 AM.

  10. #10
    Hi,

    Sorry for the delayed response.

    I would say "Take it easy policy" this is what today's host support techs do.

    They only concentrate on the clients who pay more and convince the clients who pay less for their inactive things.

    Just go ahead and look for a best hosting service.

    I hope that would be the best solution.

    <<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-05-2011 at 02:15 AM.

  11. #11
    Just get a VPS.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by newfun4x View Post
    anyone give idea to take whm backup
    thank advance
    Check in WebHostManager at Main >> Backup >> Configure Backup

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Check in WebHostManager at Main >> Backup >> Configure Backup
    I believe those are not available in reseller's WHM.

    @OP: If the provider is not responding and you do not have ways to backup all accounts at once, I will suggest you to perform full cPanel backups for all of your sub-hosting accounts immediately and download them to your local computer just in case your provider disappears.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by neumannu47 View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, if the reseller doesn't respond to emails or trouble tickets, it's hard to get them to do anything.

    While we're on the subject, what is a helpful protocol with regard to a problem reseller? Should they be "outed" here when all is said and done? As a small businessman, I understand companies having problems. Hopefully I'm a reasonable person.

    What I don't understand is why a company would shut down outside communications with their customers when they have a legitimate problem. What I also don't understand is why companies will choose to disappear over night and leave their loyal customers holding the bag. Since this situation has happened to me before, I've made sure to get physical contact information for the company. They have mine, as well.
    In that case, you will need to download each cpanels' backup (full backup). There is no other way you will be able to get a complete WHM in one tar ball.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    I believe those are not available in reseller's WHM.
    OP could have been referring to my previous comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Just get a VPS.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    OP could have been referring to my previous comment.
    Hmm I am not seeing any response to that post?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Hmm I am not seeing any response to that post?
    Some posts were removed by moderation team. Don't worry about it.

Similar Threads

  1. WHM Backup
    By DT-Spirit in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 07:32 AM
  2. How i do backup on WHM
    By TheGigabit-West in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 08:34 PM
  3. WHM Backup?
    By NetGeek in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 05:27 AM
  4. WHM Backup???
    By tenshigirl in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 11:21 AM
  5. WHM Backup utility for remote Ftp server? What Server Backup Solution ?
    By wmac in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •