GPG on 64 bit Cent OS

I would appreciate any help that could be offered.

My host recently moved my server from a 32 bit server to a 64 bit server running on Cent OS. Which should be great...EXCEPT

The compiled version of GPG I am using is for 32 bit and won't run. I have been through numerous emails to tech support at the hosting company and also the provider of the shopping cart software. Neither can compile a 64 bit version from the code at gnupg.org.

I cannot compile it myself because I don't have shell access. Does anyone know where I can obtain a safe compiled version or how to go about compiling it?

Along with other issues I have had, I am at the point to switch hosts. But, I assume all hosting will reside on 64 bit systems in the future so I will have to tackle this issue sooner or later.

Thank you.

That is a bit odd. Normaly a 32bit program will run absolutely fine on 64bit systems. Do you know what the specific problem seems to be?

And your right most hosts will be 64bit or are already 64bit unless you purposefully installed a 32bit OS on it.

When I try to access the gpg program from the web interface, it appears that nothing happens. When I check the error log I get this:
    /gpg: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My hosting company tells me that libgdbm.so.2 is installed and fine. They are claiming the issue is because the gpg executable is 32 bit. I thought the problem was due to permissions on the new server...

It would make sense if libgdbm.so.2 is compiled as a 64bit library. If I am thinking correctly that can cause problems interacting with the 32bit version of gpg. From what I gather you are on a shared host... Someone most have a 64bit complied version.

please try the following commands

# ldconfig
    # ldconfig -v | grep libgdbm
    24x7 PRO-ACTIVE SERVER MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCED WEB HOSTING SUPPORT
    Now Available The first Support Brand for Startup Hosting Companies

Sales : sales @ syslint.com | Skype us : SyslintSkype | Call us : (+91)6007799

Quote Originally Posted by Syslint View Post
    please try the following commands

# ldconfig
    # ldconfig -v | grep libgdbm
    telktrot said that he did not have shell access.

@telktrot Does your host offer shell access? At the very least it might help. The thing is though it probably would be impossible to compile it on your host as I doubt they have all the development tools on the server and even if they did might cancel your account for using up too much resources.

No, I am unable to get shell access. That is what I thought at first...was I could get shell access and compile myself.

I am starting to look for new hosts. Although I have been happy with my current host in the past, there have been too many issues lately.

Just wanted to give an update. So, my host was no help at all. Neither was PDGSoft who makes the shopping cart software. I was told they don't have a 64-bit version and by the way my support contract was up and I would need to pay $50 for any questions.

I ended up downloading Ubuntu 64-bit and running it off a usb stick. I downloaded the source and compiled it myself. Replaced the existing gpg file with the new one and it works like a charm.

Thanks to everyone for their input.