Smile VPS-Forge.com - Review - EU VPS

I recently brought a VPS from VPS-Forge.com

I brought their Basic page what was;
    512MB Ram – 1gb Burst
    1 CPU Core – Intel i7
    75GB Hard drive space
    400Gb Bandwidth

All this only cost $13 a month what is a very respectable price for what it is.
    I installed CentOS on it & it’s my 1st time majorly using Linux via the Console & i am enjoying using/learning it as i go.

-What i use it for-
    I use my VPS to run game servers, for my 2047Games.co.uk group what is a PC Gaming group receiving over 200k views in our 1st year & we are now offering Game servers that is why we run our own.

-Support-
    Support has been very helpful i have added a staff member of VPS-Forge on Steam so i can chat to him rather than having to submit tickets.

-Overall- Well as we are looking at buying another package of them it must be good, the only downside we see at the moment is they only currently offer VPS in Germany Europe what is fine for us at the moment because we(2047Games) are from UK so our pings are very good, but we are looking to serve our high level of US visitors with a server closer to them.

Otherwise VPS-Forge is a great buy, no problems with server, super fast speeds (machinegun downloaded the game server files) Just would like to see if they can offer different locations in the future. Recommended 100%
    Last edited by 2047Games; 04-26-2011 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Space it out a bit

Hello Dear,
    What is your budget and requirement which VPS you need for USA visitors?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    WaQas.

well il be looking for a big-ish server sometime in the near future but if somewhere can offer packages from around a 512mb Ram - 1gb Burst a good CPU around 2.5ghz + hard drive around 25gb+ bandwidth 10gb + or so for around $15 in the US would be good

But we maybe looking at buying a big size server around the 2gb- 4gb burst size we are still in future planning so far. Mainly depends on whats out there on offer

Quote Originally Posted by 2047Games View Post
    well il be looking for a big-ish server sometime in the near future but if somewhere can offer packages from around a 512mb Ram - 1gb Burst a good CPU around 2.5ghz + hard drive around 25gb+ bandwidth 10gb + or so for around $15 in the US would be good

But we maybe looking at buying a big size server around the 2gb- 4gb burst size we are still in future planning so far. Mainly depends on whats out there on offer
    Hello dear,
    Check out below link..
    http://gigevps.net/vps.php

looks good, prices are reasonable funny how their "Best Value" package works outs just the same price as the others. Thx for the link

looks good, prices are reasonable funny how their "Best Value" package works outs just the same price as the others. Thx for the link
    You will get 1Gbps uplink there, you will happy with them.

i found a real good place with super good prices that can offer me UK Servers & Other Locations in the US from 1 provider what is super brilliant they are called "Thrust VPS" they can do 512mb - 1gb burst from $5.95, Thx for your help anyways

i found a real good place with super good prices that can offer me UK Servers & Other Locations in the US from 1 provider what is super brilliant they are called "Thrust VPS" they can do 512mb - 1gb burst from $5.95, Thx for your help anyways
    Nice to hear that, and like your choice because both are same company

Quote Originally Posted by WaQas View Post
    Hello dear,
    Check out below link..
    http://gigevps.net/vps.php
    I agree with this one... GigeVPS.net seems to meet your requirements, If they don't you could check thrustvps.com directly and I do know they should be able to meet your requirements.

Very good service and support!
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FN-Mark View Post
    I agree with this one... GigeVPS.net seems to meet your requirements, If they don't you could check thrustvps.com directly and I do know they should be able to meet your requirements.

Very good service and support!
    Lol funny as i was checking their site out allot today, so you say "Very good service and support!" just i went on their Facebook page they got 161 Likes & on the 1st page 95% of the posts where "Server is down" "Server been down for 5 hours now" "still no response" "Server down payment error" etc... Put me off a bit, i did ask users on Facebook if they could tell me their thoughts, so il wait till get some reassuring feedback before i spend my money with them.

Thread cleaned a bit. Have a problem with a post, please report it.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!