Looking for ffmpeg enabled host

hi,

I'm looking for a reliable host which allows streaming videos on their servers, like youtube. Must be UK based and around 5+/month but if there's any that are good for a higher price I'd like to hear of them too.

Some of the videos will be over an hour long, so will need plenty of storage space too.

I recommend you to use VPS or CDN or S3 for this :-)
    These videos will run slow on Ordinary web hosting.

There are several web hosts creating a niche of so called media hosting which allows you to host media on shared account.
    But those web hosts are designed for small loads only.
    So if you are talking about good number of loads - you'd better consider small VPS

Your budget is WAY too low if you want a reliable host offering ffmpeg encoding for 1 hour long videos.

You need to raise the budget in about 5 times at least, get a semi-dedicated package or an at least 1 GB RAM VPS.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

As Jedito suggested a VPS maybe better, you can get an unmanaged VPS in the UK for less than 10/mo but that will be without a control panel for the storage etc.

Also how many videos do you expect to have?

thanks for the replies. It's not for me, but for someone who's wanting a website making by me. I've never done anything with videos this big before, and just going by what the customer has said by the videos being 1hr long.

Would it be better for him to upload the videos to a free host and use a normal webhost to hold the pages and stream the videos? or will that be too laggy and always be buffering?

I'm not 100% sure on his budget, so trying to find a cheap as possible solution, which wont affect the site that much.

What is a VPS? Are they expensive?

A VPS is a virtual private server which is like a full dedicated server jut a portion of one.

Your best bet then to make it easier would be to use something like vimeo.com to upload file, you may want to use the paid versions and then link from your site. The video streaming from Vimeo is very good so no lag. Just make sure to get a good shared hosting package

Hope this helps!