- To change Hostname, use the command : hostname mys.abc.com
- For changing nameservers, it depends on the nameserver software installed on your server (bind, nsd, or another one). If you have cPanel, just go to Main >> DNS Functions >> Nameserver IPs in your WHM, or execute the following command by SSH : /scripts2/listassignednsips
1. Set everything up for abc.com, make sure the DNS has been setup correctly.
2. Change your host name and DNS as well. If you control the domains, then change them as well. Make sure you do not take down xyz.com
3. If all goes well, there will totally be no interruption of service at all during the transition because it's still on the same server and resolving it would still point to the same server.
All the best
Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
Welltodo Century - www.welltodocentury.com