var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('350px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('330px');
Switching to lighttpd in Kloxo (Strange Behavior)
I just switched to lighttpd in Kloxo to reduce memory usage. The memory used by Apache is free now, and lighttpd fairly works, but my memory is mainly used by many process of /usr/bin/lxsuexec (by admin user).
30 X 24.04 MB
Those processes are safe to kill if you need to free up memory.
Shouldn't be anything to worry about.
For more information visit: http://forum.lxcenter.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=74700&
Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Email Hosting
Dedicated Servers / Unmetered Servers / Linux & Windows VPS
DME Hosting, LLC
[ http://www.dmehosting.com ]
I did kill them, but they come again gradually. If I reboot the server, they will appear fully. Since their number is equal to the number of domains, lighttpd is not actually lighter than Apache.
switch program from apache to lighthttpd
switch from bind to djbdns
switch from spamassassin to bogofilter
go to etc/my.cnf and add this
# Global mem settings
key_buffer = 24M
max_connections = 200
# Per client mem settings
sort_buffer_size = 4M
read_buffer_size = 4M
binlog_cache_size = 2M
max_allowed_packet = 12M
thread_stack = 128K
table_cache = 128
thread_cache = 256
thread_concurrency = 4
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 1M
tmp_table_size = 12M
max_heap_table_size = 12M
wait_timeout = 200
interactive_timeout = 300
max_connect_errors = 10000
query_cache_type = 1
query_cache_limit = 1M
query_cache_size = 16M
max_allowed_packet = 16M
#no-auto-rehash # faster start of mysql but no tab completition
key_buffer = 16M
that is all...Kloxo will now use about 50-120mb of ram
I followed your advice. 70 MB of BIND is replaced by 2 MB of tinydns. There is a 130 MB for mysql; but my main problem is still processes created by /usr/bin/lxsuexec for every domain I have.
do you try to kill all php-cgi processes ?
yes, I killed them all in Kloxo Processes; but they happens again when the site is visited. If I reboot the server, all the processes happen again.
go and kill all lxsuexec processes, then set the number of fast-cgi to 1 and restart lighttpd. Then you will have only one process.
Sorry, where to set the number of fast-cgi?
login as admin, then select client, then in first menu select limit, and there you can set number of fastcgi process to 1. If this don't help turn off fastcgi and then will work with normal cgi.
Post back if you have more questions
Thanks for your informative reply, but I run as admin, without any client. All domains are added under admin account.
then try to select domain from menu up, where is home, domain, subdomain ...
then select you domain, then select domain features and there you can enable/disable fastcgi cgi and there you can setup number of fastcgi process.
Pls post back if this help you.
I did this, but they happen again. I think this will limit the number of fastcgi 1 for each domain. The problem is that /usr/bin/lxsuexec runs for each domain.
Yeah thet is problem when you host domains like admin, so try to make client account, and limit it to 1 fastcgi process. Then try to transfer all you websites to client account, and problem will be solved.
Thanks for your kind assistance
If you need more help, just post here i will try to answer.
By prashant1979 in forum Hosting Security and Technology
Last Post: 04-20-2010, 04:38 AM
By sergeyka in forum Hosting Security and Technology
Last Post: 08-28-2009, 11:53 AM
By RajeevM in forum Hosting Security and Technology
Last Post: 03-31-2009, 05:03 PM
By LightTPD in forum Hosting Security and Technology
Last Post: 11-15-2007, 09:18 AM
By JeremyV in forum Hosting Security and Technology
Last Post: 12-13-2002, 03:09 PM