Where to register .in domain?

Hi,

I am looking to register a domain in .in (India) zone. What company to use? Criteria:

1. Reasonable price (<$20, I saw prices at name.com of $4 first year, $14 next year, $12 pricing)
    2. Low risk of domain stealing (it's India, have no idea how they manage domains)
    3. No reputation of sending bills for transferred or deleted domains, of unreasonably blocking domains for spam, etc. In other words, don't want GoDaddy - like behavior.

Thanks

If you are buying in Bulk, get a reseller with ResellerClub, you will get them for $1.89 first year and $10 or so from 2nd year onwards.
    LeapSwitch Networks Pvt. Ltd. - Managed VPS / Dedicated Servers India
    ASN 132335 - India - USA - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine - Germany
    █ Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    Pay via - PayPal, Payza, Skrill, Credit/Debit Cards (USD / INR)

+1 for ResellerClub if you want to get a domain reseller account. And if you want to book just few domains, better book it through a reputed domain reseller under ResellerClub chain, you will get cheapest .IN there.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I am also usin .in domain, you check your price at hostso.

.in are on offer from the registry at the moment to try and gain take up so almost all registrars will be charging more next year.
    █ Manuel Tuthill
    www.regdotter.com Cheap domain names

█ www.AvenueHost.com Quality Shared, Reseller and VPS hosting.

.in registry is running promo and directi/resellerclub, mitsu etc.. is the one of the cheapest registrar in india, however reliability is the issue...

try international one.. if its for your main business...otherwise go with cheaper option...

if you are looking for bulk buying of .in then i would suggest reseller club else you can go with name.com

Direct I is the best for reseller prices!
    .in is so cheap in DirectI! Resellers make a greater profit with .in these days

There are few offers for .in domain registration , you can check the offer section of this forum.
    || Eminds Infotech || 9th Year of Server Management Solutions ||
    || Server Management || 24x7 Technical Support || Cloud Management ||
    || 24x7 Live Chat Support || VPS Management || Server Migrations ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com||

Sorry for returning late and thanks for replies!

I am looking to buy "a domain" (single). Reliability is important.

As I got from replies, name.com is the only one out of suggested that meets reliability criteria. Is that correct?

Out of Indian registrars, Mitsu offers lowers prices ($1.8 first year, $9 next year) and it's #7 in India by number of registered domains (www registry in / Accredited_Registrars). How reliable are they; does anybody has any experience with them?
    Last edited by slava739; 04-28-2011 at 12:18 AM.

You can go with bigrock.in as they are owned by reseller club. So rates wont be an issue...

Registering domain name at low price you need to understand when it comes to the renewal you will need to pay much more.

Just looked at ResellerClub more intensively. If I plan to own 10-20 domains in .in, does it make sence to become a reseller there?

- Is $99 deposit the only thing I should pay?
    - Can I buy domains just for myself through my reseller account?
    - Can I use this money for new domains or renewal, or should I keep that as a minimum level?

Quote Originally Posted by slava739 View Post
    - Is $99 deposit the only thing I should pay?
    That is the initial deposit that you need to pay to activate your account and full amount is used for booking domains.

- Can I buy domains just for myself through my reseller account?
    Yes you can, you will have to signup under yourself as a client and then book domains in that name, for that you can use the same email ID, same address etc.

- Can I use this money for new domains or renewal, or should I keep that as a minimum level?
    Once your account has been activated, you are not required to keep any minimum level, you can use all of your funds to register and renew domains.

And once you have exhausted your funds, you will need to add more funds to register/renew more domains, and that amount can be anything as per your convenience (may be some minimum per transaction may apply).

Over the period, as you keep on adding funds you achieve the next slab, and domains becomes cheaper to you, or you can add appropriate funds to reach whatever slab you want to start with.

Do note that, you need to add more than $99, as transaction fee will be deducted from the amount of transaction and net amount will be credited to your account, this is common practice with all domain resell companies, whether they are enom or RC.

For just 10 to 20 domains, I will suggest search for a reputed ResellerClub reseller in your country who is offering good pricing and do not need big deposits, may be they won't even deduct any transaction charges if paid locally through bank, like for our local resellers who pay us locally through bank transfer, cheque or cash deposit we do not deduct any charges, so the amount paid by our reseller is the amount credited in their account.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    Do note that, you need to add more than $99, as transaction fee will be deducted from the amount of transaction and net amount will be credited to your account, this is common practice with all domain resell companies, whether they are enom or RC.

For just 10 to 20 domains, I will suggest search for a reputed ResellerClub reseller in your country who is offering good pricing and do not need big deposits, may be they won't even deduct any transaction charges if paid locally through bank, like for our local resellers who pay us locally through bank transfer, cheque or cash deposit we do not deduct any charges, so the amount paid by our reseller is the amount credited in their account.
    Thanks for the detailed explanantion! Two questions:

- what is the fee?
    - if I understand correctly, it make sence to become a reseller even for 10 domains. For example, new will be 1.89 vs. 3.99 at name.com and renewal will be 8.99 vs 13.99. I will make (2.10+5)*10=$70.1 which makes a lot of sence as the cost of frozen $99 for one year at 10% cost of capital is $99*10%=$10. Am I missing something?

Have you tried Tech-Hosts.co.uk

Ross

- what is the fee?
    Fee is whatever the payment processor charges, like when I did a Paypal last time it was 4%.

- if I understand correctly, it make sence to become a reseller even for 10 domains. For example, new will be 1.89 vs. 3.99 at name.com and renewal will be 8.99 vs 13.99. I will make (2.10+5)*10=$70.1 which makes a lot of sence as the cost of frozen $99 for one year at 10% cost of capital is $99*10%=$10. Am I missing something?
    The rate 1.89 at RC or 3.99 at name.com are the promotional rates which may end any time. But yes it won't make any difference even if the promotion is not there, as you won't get cheaper .IN at any other place. Refer to complete pricing and slabs at http://www.resellerclub.com/pricing#domain

There are other registrars too for .in domains..Like ownregistrar.com

If you google for domain resellers, you can be a reseller without initial deposit of USD.99. I didn't mean with resellerclub, but with their sub resellers. You may get cheaper price because such sub resellers may have better slab price than the initial resellerclub's USD.99 slab.
    UK & US Litespeed server Web hosting :: Ethwebs.net
    Hosting since 2006

With the domain.in there can be problems. Be registered on traditional com, org, info is better

I'm surprised no one mentioned namecheap.com I think its much better then GoDaddy.

If you want to register domains in bulk i would suggest you to go with a reseller account with NetEarthone, never had any problem with them.

Also .in prices are approximately $1.89 right now everywhere and the renewal costs $10.00 so your initial estimate is quite high.

Also since you are an Indian go for some local reseller since all the amount will/can be paid in INR so there wont be any conversion loss with the purchase.
    HostRoyale Technologies-VPS / Dedicated Servers
    India - USA - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine - Germany - Luxembourg - Moldova - Romania - Italy - Honduras - Costa Rica - Australia - New Zealand
    Shared , Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, BitCoins Accepted!

Oh, Ok,

The current price resellers are getting for the .in domain is $1.89 and as far as i know they are being charged $8.39 for renewals.

What i am trying to say here is that almost everywhere the rates are almost same since nobody earns much selling domain names but it is important from the number of domains you have registered point of angle.
    HostRoyale Technologies-VPS / Dedicated Servers
    India - USA - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine - Germany - Luxembourg - Moldova - Romania - Italy - Honduras - Costa Rica - Australia - New Zealand
    Shared , Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, BitCoins Accepted!

correct