VPS Latch / Hostdime Review

So this is my first review after they took over between three and four weeks ago.

To be honest, I was a bit unsure at first at how things would pan-out but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

My main problem with VPS Latch prior to the takeover was support - they were somewhere between average and awful depending which support tech you got.

This is so much better under HostDime. Ticket response times are slightly slower (but not a long time) but you get a detailed answer and response rather than a 'ok we are looking into it'. One tech even monitored a recurring problem that I had been having and replied to my ticket each shift he was on duty with an update - even if everything was ok. That is going beyond my expectations for sure. Big thanks to Aric P for that.

My only concern is that as of last week they were unsure of when they will be updating the UK nodes to better hardware - it was implied that all customers would see better spec machines etc, not just those on US nodes. Maybe there will be some news on this soon.

I won't be going anywhere else providing the service stays at this level

Robtuk,

Thank you for your sincere feedback but more importantly thank you for the opportunity.
    The UK nodes will be upgraded sometime this summer, as you can imagine there will be a lot of vps's
    which need to be migrated to our 15KRPM San clouds but this will take a bit of time.

Robtuk,

Glad to hear that you are finally happy with HostDime after the frequent issues( Following your posts for 2 months) with VPSLatch

This is so much better under HostDime. Ticket response times are slightly slower (but not a long time) but you get a detailed answer and response rather than a 'ok we are looking into it'. One tech even monitored a recurring problem that I had been having and replied to my ticket each shift he was on duty with an update - even if everything was ok. That is going beyond my expectations for sure. Big thanks to Aric P for that.
    Same experience for me. Once I opened a ticket and ignored it. But the support team Monitored it and asked me to let them know if the problem still occurs. I was impressed with that

Not only that , They never ask a second question. They reply us only after going through all the open tickets and I never felt inconvenience when I deal with them on Live chat.

Just today I opened a Live chat session and asked a question. I am impressed with the answer given by the executive. He responded to me about the ticket details which I opened a minute before. I didn't even expected such an efficient response in a quick manner

Good Luck !

Sounds like things are getting back on track.

Think Twice

Without going into the details, do your homework before taking what seems like a great deal. My experience has been that it works when it's running (obviously), but when it does down you can expect some serious downtime and ambigous answers. I got an invoice on the same day my VPS went down for at least 1.5 hours. The best answer I got was, 'it wasn't scheduled maintenance'.

Quote Originally Posted by HostDime View Post
    The UK nodes will be upgraded sometime this summer
    Any plans to upgrade the US nodes HostDime?

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by london8 View Post
    Without going into the details, do your homework before taking what seems like a great deal. My experience has been that it works when it's running (obviously), but when it does down you can expect some serious downtime and ambigous answers. I got an invoice on the same day my VPS went down for at least 1.5 hours. The best answer I got was, 'it wasn't scheduled maintenance'.
    Could you please provide me a ticket ID so I can look further into your issues? Also, please note our invoicing is done automatically so the fact you were billed on the day you had an issue is purely coincidental and not meant maliciously at all.

Thank you
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by SLDHosting View Post
    Any plans to upgrade the US nodes HostDime?

Regards,
    Over the coming months we will be migrating all US VPSLatch VPSes to our corporate hardware using a SAN based disk solution for improved disk I/O and restoration abilities. You will be notified when this is processing for your specific account.

Have a great day
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters

Support Ticket 208265 - luckily, I was able to divert to a server where we put up a 'Server down for maintenance' page, as opposed to timing out. Yes, I was upset at the time; since then I've had time to relax and realize that I've got clients in Germany that are trying to demo the site (yesterday through Monday).

The invoice was coincidental, but was a stick in my eye every time that I looked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by london8 View Post
    Support Ticket 208265 - luckily, I was able to divert to a server where we put up a 'Server down for maintenance' page, as opposed to timing out. Yes, I was upset at the time; since then I've had time to relax and realize that I've got clients in Germany that are trying to demo the site (yesterday through Monday).

The invoice was coincidental, but was a stick in my eye every time that I looked at it.
    Hello london8,

Thank you for providing your ticket ID. I apologize more details were not provided but it appears the server on which you are hosted went down for unscheduled maintenance and required a filesystem check which we preformed as quickly as possible and restored services as best as possible. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience but this does seem to be the first issue this server has had in quite a few months and as I said previously in this thread, we will be working to migrate all existing VPSLatch clients to our own corporate hardware to improve services and stability. As always, we are working our absolute hardest to ensure that this transition goes well for our new clients and we care deeply that your services are at the level you expect and deserve in a web provider.

Thank you for your patronage and again, I apologize for the issue you experienced today.

Have a great day

london8,

As Dennis said, we apologize you experienced any downtime at all. We strive to keep 100% uptime but unfortunately we do deal with issues in this industry. You have our commitment to resolve any issues with immediate effect. I think any company is valued on how situations are handled and I hope we can continue to provide you 100% uptime

Hello HostDime.

Sometime your UK server isn't reply well, so load time is longer more than usually I don't remember exactly which server, but I hope you keep UK Servers is your take care.
    UpReseller || Bring to you friendly support with offshore/onshore hosting, reseller and cPanel VPS Management.
    www.upreseller.com