Thread: VPS in Canada

VPS in Canada

Does anyone know of a VPS provider that has servers in Canada. I have been looking through the offers forum but I would like some input from the community.

It must be Xen based and have at least 50GB of bandwidth. I need at least 64MB of ram.

I am looking for a low cost service.

There are plenty of providers with Canadian servers, you would just have to find one providing the Xen platform, which I don't think there are many. Is Xen a requirement at this stage? I'm sure there are some providers around, I just can't personally comment on their services
    ElicitServers - Canadian hosting dedicated customer satisfaction! Shared/Reseller/VPS/Dedi/Colo
    100% redundant, 100% owned/maintained, GigE connectivity
    Offsite backups, 24/7 support (1-877-533-8993), 30-day money back | cPanel hosting

Well it needs to have TUN/TAP. Xen works great because most Xen hosts support it whereas if i included other solutions would take more investigation to ensure such functionality. I would rather not have to take the time to go through all of that.

I have noticed the scarcity of Xen providers in Canada compared with the US. I was going into this thinking it would be quick and easy like it is in the US.

Many OpenVZ providers do offer the TUN/TAP module, best way to find out is just to submit a support ticket to see if they support it. Some hosts have it included directly in the VPS management portal to enable the module automatically without any human intervention.
    ElicitServers - Canadian hosting dedicated customer satisfaction! Shared/Reseller/VPS/Dedi/Colo
    100% redundant, 100% owned/maintained, GigE connectivity
    Offsite backups, 24/7 support (1-877-533-8993), 30-day money back | cPanel hosting

I recently purchased one of these... (currently the link says out of stock) but proabably have something for you. Maybe they'll honer it if you talk to a person via email or something.
    http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/nixcom-512-openvz-canada/

more offers / companies...
    http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/canada/

Just remember the lower you pay for any vps the less support to expect though just an fyi and underpowered. I haven't had any direct communications with someone from nixcom but setup appeared automated and fast. Vserver seems pretty fast too.
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Here for you 2 links found in WHT offers section. This might help:

----x-----------
    Hope these helps
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanel®
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

Thanks guys.

I noticed a few earlier this morning offer locations around Canada, and even in Canada at different places this morning browisng.

Whats your budget? and is there a special area you want the server in Canada to be at? Montreal or it don't matter?

I'm not sure if you said it or not, but do you need managed or un-managed?
    FusionNET Solutions
    OpenVZ & XEN VPS available in US & UK.
    IRC & Adult Allowed, RDNS Control, 24/7 Helpdesk, VPN Ready, Native IPv6 Ready!

I must stress that I have no experience with the following hosts, but I do know they offer virtual private servers in Canada (some with Xen):

http://vexxhost.com/vps.htm (Montreal)
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1043249 (Montreal/TO)
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1042080 (Montreal)

And there are others, that's just with a quick search.

do you offer Xen?

Quote Originally Posted by pashtida7 View Post
    do you offer Xen?
    Take a look at http://www.stardothosting.com/linux-vps-hosting. They use Xen for virtualization and have a custom control panel for remote power , console and other things.

To confirm Vexxhost has Xen VPS's in Montreal.

It seems XEN VPS in Canada are a little harder to come by than in the USA.

Good luck.
    innovative.ink Canadian Shared Web Hosting | Kitchener-Waterloo
    ASSP Anti-Spam Email Filtering | cPanel Web Hosting | 24 x 7 x 365 Website Uptime Monitoring
    Microsoft Partner | Website Managed Services
    www.innovative.ink