Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

no response for almost 5 days volume drive server down

Hi,

I've tried pming volumedrive on here, but not getting a reply here either. I contacted them regarding my server to tell them that it is down 4 days ago. What should I do if they aren't replying? Also should I receive some sort of credit?

Thanks

Dan
    https://asrv.uk - free UK/USA cPanel web hosting

Hey you should call them if it's been more then a day with your site down there is something going on, check your spam folder! You need to find a new host!
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by whmanaged View Post
    Hey you should call them if it's been more then a day with your site down there is something going on, check your spam folder! You need to find a new host!
    I don't think they offer phone support.

Well I suggest finding a new host and when you do get a hold of them get a refund.
    Jason

5 days?

That is a long downtime. Josh was here a while ago replying to some threads :-)

How many times you emailed them?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    5 days?

That is a long downtime. Josh was here a while ago replying to some threads :-)

How many times you emailed them?
    Three times, yet to get a response.

****EDIT**** Seems like it's back up, will keep you posted.
    Last edited by Dan321; 04-24-2011 at 06:27 AM.
    https://asrv.uk - free UK/USA cPanel web hosting

Five days!?! Something is obviously very wrong with this story. Support tickets stating that a server is down usually do not go five hours let alone days. Did you send your message to support@volumedrive.com?

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    Five days!?! Something is obviously very wrong with this story. Support tickets stating that a server is down usually do not go five hours let alone days. Did you send your message to support@volumedrive.com?
    My server has been down for 5+ Hours, how can you explain that?
    AboveClouds - UK Based Company
    Self Managed Scalable, On-demand Cloud Hosting with a personal touch ❤

Don't you have IPMI? If you do, then you're on your own. You should just reset it via IPMI. I'm sure you do realize that you're getting a server from Volume Drive only and not server management or anything else, right? There's no reason to complain if your IPMI is still working and you could reset it there. So essentially, your server is NOT down at all.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Slow down... 5 hours downtime it is not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ArturasLIX View Post
    It is if it's your server.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Did they ever give you an explanation why it was down for so many days with no reply?
    Hey Mikey likes it!

Quote Originally Posted by ArturasLIX View Post
    Even 5 minutes of downtime could be a huge problem for some webmasters.
    HostingFields - Managed Web Hosting - sales@hostingfields.com
    Affordable Shared Web Hosting, Semi Dedicated Servers & Dedicated Servers
    https://www.hostingfields.com

Quote Originally Posted by Atjeu-Damir View Post
    Even 5 minutes of downtime could be a huge problem for some webmasters.
    If 5 minutes is such a big deal, those web masters should be choosing hosts based on solid reputations instead of unsustainable pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTorris View Post
    If 5 minutes is such a big deal, those web masters should be choosing hosts based on solid reputations instead of unsustainable pricing.
    In most cases you would be better off with a cheap high availability setup, than a fancy sla or good reputation.

Any downtime that isn't planned shouldn't happen. End of that debate.

In addition, VolumeDrive are terrible for support. I emailed them before and still haven't gotten a reply (some 2 months ago) regarding RDNS setup. You get what you pay for.
    | Conor C. - Server Latch

It is unlikely that they would answer for so long if they had a proper system of tracking tickets. I heard that they make their own panel for clients, I hope it will work successfully for them and for their clients.

If they cant provide you a valid/believable reason for this downtime then its time to backup your data and jump.

But this "5 Days" downtime is unbelievable !!

What your SLA says ??

Let me get it straight, you are paying $70/mo. for an E3-1230 server with 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD and 1Gbps port + unmetered bandwidth and you got IPMI/KVM dedicated to your server and still, you are complaining ?!

If you go eat in a luxury restaurant, you would pay more than $70 for a meal, yet you are getting a luxury server and paying $70 FOR A MONTH !

I don't expect VD to respond you at all, those type of deals are NOT for amateurs, think about it !

If you know what you are doing and you are technical enough to use IPMI rather than panicking in case of downtime, then you should chose VD if you are looking for lowest possible price in the market, otherwise forget it and get it from liquidweb, softlayer or other reputable datacenters that are charging you for support TOO.

- Aria

Our support is still working in addition to setting up several hundred orders still pending. So we are most certainly around and answering support. If you are still having problems, please feel free to write to us and we'll look into any issue you are having.

Thumbs down VD sucks in support and setup

Our support is still working in addition to setting up several hundred orders still pending. So we are most certainly around and answering support.
    Definitely not the case for support. My partner ordered a Dedicated Package 4 server on 14-Oct-2011 (Order # 86093) and after promising to do the setup in the order they received and usually in 24 ~ 48 hours (and a little longer during the promo) and then by the end of some day in the past (probably they are into time travel or something) they backtracked on all counts.

Posted on a 29th Oct - Saturday.
    We are now 85% complete with all E3-1230 orders and will be finishing them up by Tuesday of this week.
    UPDATE 10/31/2011:

We've processed 90% of all E3-1230 orders. We'll be finishing by 10/2/2011 ... If you are one of the 10% still waiting for your setup, it will be handled within the next two days.
    Agreed both were typos but they could not even keep up with what could have been logical i.e Nov 1st and 2nd.

Then they talk of some flooding in Asia. Why accept orders without availability of hardware?

There is no proper client area with order status tracking or support system. And emails are either not answered or replied with a predefined message.

We'll be processing your order shortly. We are asking all clients to
    be patient with us as we continue to do setups. We are working as
    quickly as possible.
    I'm not showing your order which means it may have been setup.
    Josh mentions on one of the posts to email him directly and there goes another unanswered email just like some threads like this one here on WHT.

No sane person would assume "a little longer" would mean over 3 weeks without the server setup and a week or more to get a reply from their support.

Disgusted with this, I advised my partner to open a dispute with PayPal and they shamelessly provided the following to PayPal:
    Tracking number: NA
    Delivery company: NA
    Who expects a tracking number and a delivery company name for a service? All we needed was a server or a refund preferably as there are posts regarding security and network issues or incorrect hardware all over.
    Last edited by newgenservices; 11-07-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Newgenservices,

All prior e3-1230 setups with the exception of orders placed within the last few days have been completed. If you still have not received your setup email, please write us once more instead of filing a dispute. Please read our tos in this regard.

In terms of our client portal, this has been discussed at nausium here on wht.

Again, please free to contact us so we can get your order and any issues you may have sorted.
    Last edited by quadix; 11-07-2011 at 08:18 AM.

@volumedrive: We have been patient enough to wait for over 3 weeks before filing the dispute. If you can check your inbox, you can already find unanswered emails from the alternate email specified on the order. I am sure you have the email addresses with you from our order. Just send the setup email, the dispute will be closed. Period.

Will do. We'll have this sent over.

quick question @ volumedrive
    Wean you will have new stock of E3-1230?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast