Thread: VMware Provider

VMware Provider

Can anyone recommend a host who can provide a VMWare guest to me and either offers OpenBSD as a standard OS choice, or will allow me to install it as a custom OS? I am just looking for something to do DNS, so am not that concerned about specs, just more in being able to choose any OS I like rather than be limited to the usual choices of Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, etc. most hosts have (not that there is anything wrong with them).

Thanks

ThrustVPS is a very well known provider here and offers *BSD OS's, and you should be very happy with the service/support, and the performance of there service's.

I know the way they set it up, they just give you a huge list of options to select from and then you select or load your own and then it gives you the option (well you need to) via VNC to install / configure the OS on your VPS.

They have good support to if you ever needed anything but I do know they have one of the most longest OS lists I have seen; and they offer BSD and one of the well-known that do and have reliable service with it.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikD View Post
    Can anyone recommend a host who can provide a VMWare guest to me and either offers OpenBSD as a standard OS choice, or will allow me to install it as a custom OS? I am just looking for something to do DNS, so am not that concerned about specs, just more in being able to choose any OS I like rather than be limited to the usual choices of Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, etc. most hosts have (not that there is anything wrong with them).

Thanks
    What is your requirement?

FN-Mark:

Thanks for the tip, I will check them out.

WaQas:

The requirement is actually very minimal, don't much care about the CPU, maybe 512MB RAM (could live with less if the price is right), maybe 10-20GB disk, 100-200GB transfer. To put things in perspective I have been doing testing on a 125Mhz system with 384MB of RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikD View Post
    FN-Mark:

Thanks for the tip, I will check them out.

WaQas:

The requirement is actually very minimal, don't much care about the CPU, maybe 512MB RAM (could live with less if the price is right), maybe 10-20GB disk, 100-200GB transfer. To put things in perspective I have been doing testing on a 125Mhz system with 384MB of RAM.
    I suggest you to find 512MB package, because you tested it on 384MB so 512MB will b perfect for you.

Thanks in advance