Seriously low cost CDN? Like 500 TB streaming / 1 TB storage for $5k per month?

Anyone hitting the $0.01/GB transferred rate on a decent quality network for large volume?

With some of the media sites I work with (curved bandwidth graphs) 100TB peaks around 550mbit. 500TB would be approx 2.5 gigabit peak, maybe worse, like 5 gigabit. Your budget is seriously deficient. However, some colo providers can set you up with 3-4gigabit for around $5-$8k, just add 1/4rack, power, switch and servers. Over a year your cost would probably be around $7-9k/month. If 2 gigabit suits your needs you could probably do it all (equipment etc) for $5k but that is only a single location.

Do you actually need a CDN (multiple locations)?
    Dallas Colocation by Incero, 8 years and counting!
    e: sales(at)incero(dot)com 855.217.COLO (2656)
    Colocation & Enterprise Servers, SATA/SAS/SSD, secure IPMI/KVM remote control, 100% U.S.A. Based Staff
    SSAE 16, SAS70, Redundant Power & Network, Fully Diverse Fiber

I don't know but I think 500TB/1TB storage could be accomplished for $5k/month but not taking into account the cost of a CDN. You would likely have to do this yourself. You're not going to find a provider doing it at this cost since it wouldn't be possible to really make any money off of this with a $5k budget.

This much on a CDN simply won't happen with a stable provider.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Ask to cloudflare maybe can work for you

+1 for CloudFlare. There is a free version, but you get more features with the paid version ($20 a month). There is no bandwidth limit.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Quote Originally Posted by Techee View Post

Anyone hitting the $0.01/GB transferred rate on a decent quality network for large volume?
    There's someone I follow on twitter who is big into the CDN space and speaks a lot on the subject, attends events, brokers deals, etc. From what he was saying in one of his presentations, some very large deals can sometimes hit 1 cent / gb from top tier CDNs, but I don't think 500tb / mo will get you there, and even 5,000tb / mo might not get you there.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

$0.01/GB for CDN I don't think quality provider will fit on that price level

but there was a low price CDN's ex : simplecdn

check this http://www.fdcservers.net/cdn.php
    ComCities.Com| provide hosting solutions Since 2002
    FLV Enable Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by forumtalk View Post
    $0.01/GB for CDN I don't think quality provider will fit on that price level

but there was a low price CDN's ex : simplecdn

check this http://www.fdcservers.net/cdn.php
    You're never going to see it as a published price, no. For a really big deal with a lot of competitive pressure, it can happen sometimes. 500tb / mo isn't a deal like that though, so no, you're not going to see that price.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

Like 500 TB streaming / 1 TB storage for $5k per month?

From real-world examples, 140Tb/month is ~700Mb/s 95%ile
    So to do this as a single point on a decent quality network, will be in the 5-10k/month range, so for your 500Tb requirement multiply that by 4 ...

Then you can expect to increase that by ~50% for the benefits of being on any CDN

I'd suggest increasing your budget to 30k/month
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I think its possible to get such pricing from some CDN providers, if you commit to at least 500TB transfer per month.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    There's someone I follow on twitter who is big into the CDN space and speaks a lot on the subject, attends events, brokers deals, etc. From what he was saying in one of his presentations, some very large deals can sometimes hit 1 cent / gb from top tier CDNs, but I don't think 500tb / mo will get you there, and even 5,000tb / mo might not get you there.

We just shopped around for 1PB of CDN delivery.. this was simple http delivery no streaming and the lowest we saw was .03/GB

.01 is unrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by Spudstr View Post
    We just shopped around for 1PB of CDN delivery.. this was simple http delivery no streaming and the lowest we saw was .03/GB
    .01 is unrealistic
    I think .01 is realistic without Asian/Australian nodes. With global nodes its simply impossible, but North American + Europe as nodes, definitely possible.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

If price is the concern you may try coralcdn.org which is free
    IBEE Hosting
    ------------------
    Dedicated Servers in India | Google Apps Reseller

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    I think .01 is realistic without Asian/Australian nodes. With global nodes its simply impossible, but North American + Europe as nodes, definitely possible.
    Even then that's really aggressive on only a 1PB commit - assuming the customer has a fairly middle of the road 95th percentile efficiency (say 130GB -> 1mb/s) that's $1.3/mb at a 8gb/s commit...

Possible, but very very aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by cacheflymatt View Post
    Its aggressive, but not extremely aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ibee View Post
    If price is the concern you may try coralcdn.org which is free
    Quote Originally Posted by flam316 View Post
    +1 for CloudFlare. There is a free version, but you get more features with the paid version ($20 a month). There is no bandwidth limit.
    500TB/pm isn't going to be free anywhere, or $20/pm
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Quote Originally Posted by iTom View Post
    500TB/pm isn't going to be free anywhere, or $20/pm
    They don't monitor bandwidth, but you would most likely have to set up an arrangement with CloudFlare for something like 500TB a month. That would fall into their Enterprise plan, witch isn't available publicly as of now. But I'm sure they could work something out for you that is reasonable.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

none of the large and reputable CDN networks will split your traffic for only eu and us traffic and if you tell them you'll only send us/eu customers to the cdn traffic its not going to make a difference in pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by cacheflymatt View Post
    Even then that's really aggressive on only a 1PB commit - assuming the customer has a fairly middle of the road 95th percentile efficiency (say 130GB -> 1mb/s) that's $1.3/mb at a 8gb/s commit...

We have seen something less than $0.01/GB. You just need some serious commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudstr View Post
    none of the large and reputable CDN networks will split your traffic for only eu and us traffic and if you tell them you'll only send us/eu customers to the cdn traffic its not going to make a difference in pricing.
    Level3 doesn't turn Asia on by default if I'm not mistaken. Need to get approval for that too.

how about latam coverage?

The traffic is 85% North America, 10% Europe. No traffic to Latin America, insignificant traffic to Asia.

I'd agree, at a 1PB commit I'd expect a bit lower. I know at 50TB commits you can hit $0.05/GB @ L3. I'd assume at 1PB you could easily get below $0.03/GB.
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com