Similar services to Volumedrive?

Hello,
    I've never saw any VPS for 15$/month with 4 GB RAM. Does someone know why/how Volumedrive can provide a so high amount of RAM for a so low price? Are there other datacenters with similar price/service level?

Thanks for replys

Quote Originally Posted by warg View Post
    Hello,
    I've never saw any VPS for 15$/month with 4 GB RAM. Does someone know why/how Volumedrive can provide a so high amount of RAM for a so low price? Are there other datacenters with similar price/service level?

Thanks for replys
    No one i guess
    Last edited by Up2vps; 04-23-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warg View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for replys
    Sounds like they are overselling to me.. 4 GB RAM for $15?

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    That's what I'm thinking too but I've found no bad review that a customer couldn't use the purchased RAM (in this case 4 GB).

They actually just gave me a GB of ram for free. I don't think they are hurting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dclardy View Post
    They actually just gave me a GB of ram for free. I don't think they are hurting for it.
    Do you can explain it a bit more? Did you got only 1 GB RAM of 4 or did you buy 4 GB RAM and got 5GB (1GB RAM for free)?

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    I would have to agree , however there is nothing wrong with overselling if it is properly managed , and you don't punish your clients that actually use 100% of the resources you offer.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

I bought a 1gb vps, and I wanted to upgrade to 2gb. They did the upgrade for free, and I hounded them for the new price. They told me it was no charge. I couldn't complain.

I am sure they are overselling, but I am able to us the resources I pay for. It performs pretty well, and minecraft runs on it with no problems. A little sluggih at times, but I am paying $5/month.

Quote Originally Posted by dclardy View Post
    I am sure they are overselling, but I am able to us the resources I pay for. It performs pretty well, and minecraft runs on it with no problems. A little sluggih at times, but I am paying $5/month.
    We should add to this. Due to demand, we are running a little longer than usual on the new VPS deployment times. Billing does not start until the account is deployed.

If you run into any issues, please check your UBC variables and if you have any fail-counts, we can increase these.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

When will Dedicated servers be in stock?

I just bought a package 1 and package 3 vps, is it possible to refund those and get a dedicated box instead?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTeeler View Post
    When will Dedicated servers be in stock?

I just bought a package 1 and package 3 vps, is it possible to refund those and get a dedicated box instead?
    Their dedicated wait times are even more insane

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    We should add to this. Due to demand, we are running a little longer than usual on the new VPS deployment times. Billing does not start until the account is deployed.
    Why don't you try automated or one-click deployment?
    Most hosts achieve this and the price of the setup is reaped many times over in man-hours saved.

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    If you run into any issues, please check your UBC variables and if you have any fail-counts, we can increase these.
    Please consider raising your inode/iptables UBC up by default.
    They aren't easily abused and they are currently ridiculously low.

Here's my opinion of VolumeDrive: you offer an awesome product at even more awesome prices, but with better advertising and more manpower, you can achieve so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post
    you offer an awesome product at even more awesome prices, but with better advertising and more manpower, you can achieve so much more.
    And where is the money for that going to come from? They can offer awesome prices because there's less overhead costs.

Quote Originally Posted by tsj5j View Post
    Why don't you try automated or one-click deployment?
    Most hosts achieve this and the price of the setup is reaped many times over in man-hours saved.
    As mentioned in the numerous threads on WHT. This is in development right now. We are actually holding off on our latest sale due to the completion and automation of a few back-end systems.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co