Web hosting review sites ---- Visitors -> Affiliates Signups Percentage

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here :-). The last months I have involved with the web hosting industry by starting a website that offers extensive articles about the most popular types of web hosting services. My website gets approximately 2.500 highly targeted visitors (with the term "highly targeted" I refer to the visitors that come from search engines and use as part of their search phrase the term "hosting").

Right now my website doesn't have not even one affiliate link. I am thinking to sign up with some affiliate programs and I would like to ask how many affiliate sign-ups may have from those 2.500 visitors. I will edit my articles in order to have comparison charts (like the ones that you can find in any web hosting review site) with the affiliate link. Also, I plan to have affiliate links from only the most reliable web hosting companies.

Is it possible to give me an estimate about the percentage of the visitors that will finally subscribe with the web hosting companies through my affiliate links?

Best regards,
    Peter

There is not fixed ratio that a fixed number of visitors can help you to earning a particular amount. However it depends of conversion rate and traffic source as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nancysmith View Post
    There is not fixed ratio that a fixed number of visitors can help you to earning a particular amount. However it depends of conversion rate and traffic source as well.
    Thank you nancysmith for your reply.

I understand that there isn't any fixed number for affiliate sales. The traffic is based mainly on Google and that is why I apply filters (through Google Analytics) in order to see how many website visitors used a web hosting related term in order to find it. For all those visitors (approximately 6.000) only 2.500 per month find by website by using the term "hosting" within their search phrase.

What I really try to accomplish is something like Web Hosting Geeks and Web Hosting Search (in a smaller scale of course :-)). The previous websites are gaining huge traffic for terms like web hosting, asp hosting, php hosting and so on. For the same keywords I am also receiving traffic.

It would be very helpful if someone had in the past, or still has, a webpage that gains search traffic from web hosting related terms and uses affiliate links in order to earn some bucks. A rough estimate will also be good for me (personally I don't like to be optimistic and thus any underestimated or even pessimistic numbers will fulfill my curiosity :-)).

Best regards,
    Peter