UK: Oxford

Talking Good VPS with Scalability... for new project.

Good afternoon,

I cant believe I'm asking for help, but here I am. Me and my younger brother are creating a new website, making this my 3rd Internet Venture. We have done allot of research and have concluded that this is a very good opportunity for us and a VERY unique niche.

So, set-a-side from my businesses; I want a host who can take care of the hosting as am Already tied up with 4 full-time jobs and I cant fit taking care of another project on-top of my jobs already I already work near 23 hours a day.

So, Specifications MUST include Linux and be able to cope up 100's of MySQL queries (possibly 1000's per second). There must be an option to add more nodes instantly or very quickly. This must be a solid, DC host; not some reseller with limited ability to switch nodes on and off.

Ideally, we want to start small and as the site grows, our needs grow; thus the need for scalability.

So, starting budget would be around ~10.00 as we have no users as of yet. I don't care about support. I already run a Hosting Business with techy's so support is not much a concern.

I look forward to reading your suggestions.

P.S: I have already thought about cloud, because I like the idea of switching boxes on and off when i need them, but we don't need that yet as we haven't launched yet .
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

What about VPS247 ( ) ?
    HostXNow - cPanel Web Hosting | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure & Reliable Managed Pure SSD Hosting
    Helpful and friendly 24x7 Support via Chat & Helpdesk
    Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Backup Hosting

United Kingdom
    For scalability, look in to Amazon EC2, Rackspace Cloud Servers or .
    I do things. - Consumer and b2b IT solutions.

Do knownhost has unmanaged VPS?

KnownHost offers managed service if cPanel is ordered.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Which location you are looking to?
    In my opinion most of the VPS hosting is quite flexible in terms scalability. Not much concern about it in stead. :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Dallas, Texas
    Your best bet is to check the Buy&Sell section of this community as it's a great advertisements section to find all information's about current specials, promotions, and sales that the provider is offering to WHT and get the best prices you can on the provider you like.

After you find a list of providers you like; It's then good to update this thread with 'em asking feedback about which one you think would best fit for you from the requirements you told us and then we can help you more. There's no such thing as a best provider; only the best provider for you.

Good luck,
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Slightly offtopic, but when you do find the ideal VPS provider, you should look at Percona MySQL. It's a retooling of the MySQL and it scales farther and is more performant. There's a free version and a paid version with support.

People running a Wordpress blog or whatever don't need it, but once you get to high levels of concurrency (and esp. with InnoDB), Percona shines.
    My advice and reviews of VPS providers based on my personal experience:

You can use ----VPSColo---- . It's reliable and cheapest.
    Reliable Web Hosting Service
    Shared & Reseller Hosting with 24/7 Customer Support.
    Shared Hosting\\//Reseller Hosting

San Francisco, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Akisoft View Post
    For scalability, look in to Amazon EC2, Rackspace Cloud Servers or .
    I'm removing to the list, bad reviews had been flooding WHT so far. Though I'd add Linode to that. (they have nodebalancers now, yay!)
    Rg Enzon, Founder & Designer @ Play Technica
    Building user interfaces for humans.

Im having 2 vps with them and having uptime of more than 300 days on each. Up since I got them!