Just Host Review

Here's the deal. I've been looking around for a new web host lately and I picked Just Host (justhost.com) as one of my stronger options because of all the features, anytime money back guarantee, and good reviews all over the web. However, I had some questions I wanted to clear up before making a move, so I contacted their sales team via live chat. I had a few questions on my list, though I only got to ask one before I decided not to even bother with this company. It took 26 minutes to answer this one question which any good sales representative should have been able to answer in under 5. Here is the chat log...

Chat start time Apr 22, 2011 3:02:30 PM EST
    Chat end time Apr 22, 2011 3:28:48 PM EST
    Duration (actual chatting time) 00:26:18
    Operator Andrew
    Andrew: Welcome to Live Chat support, how may I help you?
    Weston: Hello Andrew.
    Andrew: Hello
    Weston: I am currently shopping around for a new web host and am considering JustHost as one of my options. I'm not looking to buy anything today, but would rather like a bit more information about JustHost...
    Andrew: sure
    Weston: My first questions is, why does the more expensive shared hosting plan have less ad credits than the cheaper plan?
    Andrew: Thank you for your patience...
    Weston: No problem
    Andrew: We offer same ad-credits with all plans.
    Weston: Are you sure? If you look at each plans page, it lists different ad credits for each plan...
    Weston: Cheaper Plan = http://www.justhost.com/hosting-features#ic
    Weston: Expensive Plan = http://www.justhost.com/premium-hosting-features
    Andrew: Yes, we do offer same ad-credits with all plans.
    Weston: Okay, but why is it listed differently under the feature list for the plans?
    Andrew: Weston, Main difference between: Standard and Premium package is Standard plan provides you one free domain with your account. Whereas Premium plan provides 3 free domains.
    Andrew: The rest of the all features are same
    Weston: Well all I know is that one the feature list for the $4.45/mo package says you get $50 free Google ad credits and the feature list for the $6.95/mo package says you only get $25 free Google ad credits. That doesn't seem the same to me...
    Andrew: May I know from where you get above links ?
    Weston: Go to http://www.justhost.com (your website)
    Weston: Click on the "Web Hosting" link in the navigation menu at the top of the page.
    Weston: Click on the "Find out more" button under the $4.45/mo package.
    Weston: Then click on the "Find out more" button below the $6.95/mo package and compare ad credits listed for each in the feature list...
    Andrew: Please ignore that.
    Andrew: You will receive same ad credits as mentioned at http://www.justhost.com/hosting-features
    Andrew: For confirmation you can email to sales@justhost.com
    Andrew: They will provide you the detailed information
    Weston: Okay thank you.
    So basically, I was looking at the feature list for each of their two shared hosting plans side by side (each in their own tabs) to figure out what was so much better about their "premium" package. I noticed that the $4.45/mo package offered about $100 more in ad credits than the $6.95/mo premium package. I thought to myself "that can't be right" and added that to my list of questions to ask their sales. However, that was the only question I got to ask as it took 26 minutes for the sales representative assisting me to answer it and I still never got a straight answer in the end. He told me to "just ignore it". Just ignore it?? It is on the website! I'm not going to buy a plan that says I'm going to get less of something right on the companies official website when the sales representative tells me to "just ignore it" and that I'll get more. I don't think this guy knew what he was doing and I would have hated to sign up for this plan with false information on what I was going to get. I also detected that he was becoming impatient with me before he realized I was right about the listing.

Now this is my only experience with Just Host and it would be nice to get some feedback from others actually using their services...

Also, here is what was listed on their website.

For the $4.45/mo package:
    MySpace Ad Credits $50
    Google Ad Credits $50
    Yahoo Ad Credits $25
    Miva Ad Credits $25
    Free BidVertiser Clicks $20
    Facebook Ad Credits $50
    And then for the $6.95/mo package:
    Google Ad Credits $25
    Yahoo Ad Credits $25
    Miva Ad Credits $25
    Free BidVertiser Clicks $20

If you do some search on these forums, you'll find that justhost is probably one of the worst hosts on the internet today (they are right down there with godaddy).

With that being said, you definitely made the right move by contacting them before signing up. However, for future reference dont let the Google ad credits and other ad-ons be the sole reason for signing up for a provider. Most of those credits you can get without signing up for any web hosting service. Example, Google has been known to give out $100 free ad credits for all new users who sign-up for their free account.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

@WebResearcher1: Any host could be good for anyone but again, depends on what you're looking to host. I wouldn't pick a host just because gives N free credits for FB/Google/Yahoo.. there are other interesting things to consider when picking a host like: type of application, traffic, application's resources, material hosted, etc. etc.

@FernGullyGraphics: I don't think Justhost is that bad, they have thousands of customers and are constantly growing, there is no way GoDaddy can be compared to Justhost?
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

I have been with Just Host for two months now and I have received an excellent service.

Same here I contact their support team almost two times a day because I have so many questions constantly and their email support is fantastic. I always get a reply with 30 minutes even in the dead of night.

I haven't tried them myself, but based Just on the opinions of others this is not a Host you want to use!

I had an account with Justhost.com for one year and had no problems whatsoever.

I am also agree with FernGullyGraphics. I heard many complaints against justhost.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    If you do some search on these forums, you'll find that justhost is probably one of the worst hosts on the internet today (they are right down there with godaddy).

With that being said, you definitely made the right move by contacting them before signing up. However, for future reference dont let the Google ad credits and other ad-ons be the sole reason for signing up for a provider. Most of those credits you can get without signing up for any web hosting service. Example, Google has been known to give out $100 free ad credits for all new users who sign-up for their free account.

Any responsible and serious business would never host with JustHost. They are good for plain static sites. Do not depend on them for anything serious, even if it is a personal blog.

I want to say that each web host has good and bad reviews so you should not take decision on the basis of only reviews. If a particular web host fulfills your requirements then you can for to take their services.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post

Well said and not only that, but they barely have a real team. They are all mostly outsourced, both sales and support.

--cP
    Revo4 - The Revolution In Clustered Hosting.
    Redundant H-Sphere Linux Hosting w/ True 99.9% Uptime.
    Why Not Get Started Today?
    corey @ revo4.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrNerd View Post
    @FernGullyGraphics: I don't think Justhost is that bad, they have thousands of customers and are constantly growing, there is no way GoDaddy can be compared to Justhost?
    The only reason I compare them to Godaddy is because I have various customers who moved over to us from Just-host and had problems moving their domain names away from them. Also, the few servers I connected to at Justhost were just as slow as godaddy's if not worse. The only plus for justhost is that they use cpanel, so it does make transfering sites away from them much easier than godaddy, but still, that is not saying much.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

GoDaddy should just stick to what they do best: hot chicks advertising domain registrations.

--cP
    Revo4 - The Revolution In Clustered Hosting.
    Redundant H-Sphere Linux Hosting w/ True 99.9% Uptime.
    Why Not Get Started Today?
    corey @ revo4.com

Did you actually have any plans to buy anything? Judging from your post, you just did that, so you could post this?

LOL It's crazy

Guys, I don't like Goddady because their websites is really slow, so much hidden fees, they sell domain greedily.

Don't go with justhost they are bad host and slow