Gogrid hacked!!!

Hello , i recivied at home 2 days ago a mail which said the next:

Dear value customer.
    In the normal procces of reviewing our system activity, our security team team discovered that an unauthorized third party may have viewed your account information. this information may include , name , address, and payment data such as cardholder name , card account number and expiration date,we immediatley took action to protect you , etc etc etc....

iám the only who got such thing? should i worry about my credit card information?

if anyone is interesed more i can scan and upload here the letter .
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

To stay on the safety side inform your bank and tell them to watch for unauthorized activities!

Quote Originally Posted by shellromania View Post
    we immediatley took action to protect you
    Huh? After the information is exposed?
    ~ @PreetamJinka

There was another thread about this.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1040257

Truly unfortunate situation. Get your numbers changed and watch your statements for fraudulent charges.

yes thanks.
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co

Is their server PCI compliant? I'd be thinking of moving to another provider.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by shellromania View Post
    iám the only who got such thing? should i worry about my credit card information?

if anyone is interesed more i can scan and upload here the letter .
    YES.
    Cancel your cards ASAP and watch out for fraudulent activity.

I'm sorry to hear about this. This is truly unfortunate thing to go through! I hope you'll find a way to solve this!

I received an identical mail a few days ago, and called their billing department who proceeded to reel off pretty much everything that they told me in the letter. The thing that infuriated me the most was that I was one minute being told, both verbally and in the letter, not to worry and just to regularly check debit card statements, and next minute I was being given the details of credit reference agencies. If the risk was *that* minimal, I don't believe I would have been advised so strongly to do that.

Their phone support dept tried to be helpful, but failed to give me straight answers: I asked multiple times straight out whether I should cancel my card given a horrific past experience I've had, and they couldn't seem to give me an indication on whether I should seriously consider that as an option. Given a bunch of payments from my card would change and the risk of overdue bills, I needed a straight answer. I've taken the precaution of cancelling just in case, but it's been a massive inconvenience to myself.

After a follow up, I did receive a service credit as compensation, and although I understand that this can and does happen with even the largest tof companies, I remain annoyed and particularly scarred by the lack of clear answers I received from them. Nevertheless, they've compensated me and apologised, so I'll continue my service with them as a consequence.

It's a sad thing, and thats why company's that are having alot of traffic to that matter and store clients information servers that are able to get accessed under such sad things, need to have more protection. I know we have minute checks running on our staff servers, and information servers, and our system servers to ensure security. It's crazy, To be honest I actually think if the right steps where taken and the right security methods where done this could of been prevented, as we always back up clients information and never allow anything to be run on the servers that allows clients information to be vuln. by any means. We ensure privacy and ensure our clients to have secure passwords and to always make sure they store there information secretly.

Sad. Good luck, and I hope you have alerted your bank and every other one of there clients, I know of some newer people to the hosting world will brush this off and that's the sad part and I hope they understand this as a emergency inform, and to do the right needed things..

I do suggest looking to a more reliable provider though..

Keep us updated..
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!