What does it take to launch a reseller hosting site?

I'm already running a couple of site. I was think to launch a reseller hosting site in my country like this site: goaddworld.com.
    I want to know what does it take to launch such a site?

I understand I'll need to buy some big package with a hosting provider and will be given api & template.
    But how much time does it take to theme & manage it?

You need a dedicated server or a good VPS to do that, if you want to maintain quality and have full control over your server environment.

Other wise you can get a master/alpha kind of account from a provider.

You will have to design/create your own site, may be start with a template available at many places all over the internet.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    You need a dedicated server or a good VPS to do that, if you want to maintain quality and have full control over your server environment.

Other wise you can get a master/alpha kind of account from a provider.

You will have to design/create your own site, may be start with a template available at many places all over the internet.
    Well my budget is faily limited. The site I've mentioned should be hosting in shared hosting. I was looking to know time required for theming the site etc.

First you create a business plan, you read suggestions in this forum.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Running a reseller hosting business is not as simple as offering shared hosting services.

To offer reseller hosting, you will either need to obtain a dedicated server or VPS of your own. You may also be able to go with those "master reseller" plans but they are not too reliable IMHO.

To offer shared hosting you will just need to purchase a reseller hosting account from a proper provider and you can start your business.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Running a reseller hosting business is not as simple as offering shared hosting services.

To offer reseller hosting, you will either need to obtain a dedicated server or VPS of your own. You may also be able to go with those "master reseller" plans but they are not too reliable IMHO.

To offer shared hosting you will just need to purchase a reseller hosting account from a proper provider and you can start your business.
    I'm talking about selling shared hosting only just like this site: goaddworld.com is doing. How much time does it take to setup a site like this?

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshu View Post
    I'm talking about selling shared hosting only just like this site: goaddworld.com is doing. How much time does it take to setup a site like this?
    If you just want to sell shared hosting to start with. You just need a reseller account from a reputed provider.

To setup a website, it depends on who is making that site and how fast s/he can create it.

Study some other sites too and see what information you want to display and how you want them to be laid out.

If you yourself is a web designer / developer you can calculate the time by judging your speed.

On a side note setting up a webhosting site won't take much time.

Though for me, its been more than 10 years and still no web site
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

In this case you will just need to purchase a reseller hosting account.

The time taken to setup everything fully will depends on your own plannings and setups.

Moved > Running a Web Hosting Business .
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Based on my experience, a website like that can be set up in 3-7 days or even less. The most time-consuming part is writing the TOS, AUP and other legal documents. You have to prepare it carefully to avoid some issues with your customers in the future.

The other things (web development, setting up the billing apps, creating packages, etc) are fairly easier to be done.

Hope this help.

Quote Originally Posted by perdhanahost View Post
    The most time-consuming part is writing the TOS, AUP and other legal documents.
    Well there are many legal documents that can be purchased instantly, eg. LegalZoom. Some reseller hosting providers will also provide free legal documents with their reseller plans.

Quote Originally Posted by perdhanahost View Post
    Based on my experience, a website like that can be set up in 3-7 days or even less. The most time-consuming part is writing the TOS, AUP and other legal documents. You have to prepare it carefully to avoid some issues with your customers in the future.

The other things (web development, setting up the billing apps, creating packages, etc) are fairly easier to be done.

Hope this help.
    I'm myself am web designer. 3-7 days will be short time to setup a site. I want to resell domain name & shared hosting plans.

What all customization will I need to do to setup reseller website?

What all customization will I need to do to setup reseller website?
    From web design/development perspective, nothing is special. The additional task you will have is installing the billing apps and integrate that apps to your website. This task generally only put the product order link generated by billing apps to the respective product shown on your website so that your potential customers would be able to put order seamlessly.

Hope this help.

about the Legal Document, the content of "Term Of Service (TOS)", "Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)", "Privacy Policy" and also any other "Agreement".

Is is OK if reseller hosting just copy with the same Legal Document TOS, AUP, ect. content from the owner of server or from master reseller?

Quote Originally Posted by jinbatsu View Post
    about the Legal Document, the content of "Term Of Service (TOS)", "Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)", "Privacy Policy" and also any other "Agreement".

Is is OK if reseller hosting just copy with the same Legal Document TOS, AUP, ect. content from the owner of server or from master reseller?
    I think we'll need to work on the template given by the Provider. I don't think we'll need to change much if we are just reselling.

It depends on whether your provider will allow you to copy theirs. It will be best if you check this directly with your reseller provider.

I think we'll need to work on the template given by the Provider. I don't think we'll need to change much if we are just reselling.
    Yes, true. Generally those agremeent will be the same with the ones offered by the server owner. But, if you are operating your business in different country than the server owner and you are going to offer webhosting services to your local customers, you might want to add some rules to comply with your local government rules.

Hi, where I can find this documentation, is there any organization which offers all this documentation?

Thanks